Regarding Disabling XP in War

JoshuaR

I don't want to test it because then I will be warned.

First, is this only an option for the attacker, or is it also an option for the defender?

And second, either way I don't think it is the answer. Now you will have people disabling XP in wars in a variety of situations beyond raids, which is, I assume, the main driving factor in this change. For example, the guy that raids for XP and starts with an advantage may always just turn the option off to retain his advantage. A guy on the weaker side of war may always turn it off, knowing his GAs will never be successful, so he might as well prevent the enemy from gaining XP. But these are the types of situations most designed, as it were, for this new feature, and if we have the feature at all, it should be on 100% of the time in these situations.

Also, my nation for example already has the XP I need for the generals I wanted, so what's my incentive to ever declare war for XP again?  Seems unfair to all the people who will face me later down the line, but not a problem for me.

I agree with the OP here, but the update log somewhat confused me to begin with. If I, as an attacker, disables XP does it disable XP for both sides? That seems... less than fair, to be polite. I suggest that if we're not going to be allowed to do war games and competitions (despite the fact these contain legitimate battles and fighting) without a disabling system, it have to be mutually accepted between warring parties, a la the declaring peace system.

Well you always have the option to declare wars yourself. Also people are going off the assumption that everyone who ever declares on you ever again will not want to gain XP when its as easy to gain generals as it is to lose them through spy attacks.

Edited by the rebel

The option to disable experience is (currently at least) only an option for the attacker. It can only be done at the beginning of a war (in the declaration) and it turns it off experience for both sides of the war

I suggest that if we're not going to be allowed to do war games and competitions

Disable experience and you're allowed to have as many war games/competitions as you want.

Since the question asked has been answered, I'll direct further comments/suggestions to this thread.