Og.png

OBR_Flag-1.jpg

Gentle Persons
They say you really learn about an alliance when you fight them. This came to as when we fought a friend in The Karma War. The Old Guard and The Order of the Black Rose found themselves though friends on the opposite side of the sword and shield. We learned much about each other’s integrity and values. Sadly after crossing swords we drifted away from each other. That situation is now reversed. As Digiterra moves along and ways change and ideas change the values that we share remain the same.
To rekindle an old friendship is a true pleasure and joy. To find that after talking it means even more is an honour. While some members have moved away from us both the respect and trust has not. We are pleased to jointly announce the signing of The Covenant between us.

The Covenant
The signatories of this Covenant come together to share a style of values in the way they wish to conduct the business of inter-alliance affairs. This covenant is the easiest to join and the easiest to leave. We welcome all those alliances who share this set of principles to affix their signatures, to show how they wish to be judged on Digiterra. Failure to abide by them means that the alliance forfeits the benefit of this accord with like minded alliances. The Covenant is not meant as a judgment for those who choose a different path. It is meant to clearly outline the means to measure the signatories’ future actions. Is our way the best way? Is our way the right way? Is our way the moral way? To all these, we answer: We do not know, but it is our way.

We believe:

1. War is always an option, but it is the last option, not the first.
2. Diplomacy is more than threats or insults.
3. Neutrality in a conflict does not mean indifference.
4. Alliances do not need to be best buddies to respect each other.
5. Friends tell friends when they are acting badly.
6. Most actions are not a casus belli.
7. Civility is not common, but should be.
8. Civility does not suspend itself in times of war or peace.
9. Mistakes happen, and if respect is shared, resolution can be swift and fair.
10. Those who confirm these values by signing may always request, but not command, defensive help unless prohibited by official neutrality.
11. That financial support is what partners do when another is in need, including economic cooperation where desired.
12. Wars are fought to defend a principal or friend, not to acquire assets.
13. In the rare case where punishment is required for egregious actions, the penalty shall be distributed to unrelated small parties, to help build Digiterra.
14. Fighting a friend or foe can be done with dignity and honour, regardless of the eventual victor.
15. The niceties of formal written treaties is not required but desired.
16. Aggressive wars are not in our repertoire of actions.

We do not believe:

1. That we dictate who the friends of our friends should be.
2. That we need to always agree on a course of action.
3. That a request to help is automatic and without due thought to the cause of the request.
4. That politics should determine if a request for help should be approved.
5. That the friends of friend’s actions are legitimate reason to approve military support.
6. That the cancellation of a friendship or treaty is required or desired just because we find ourselves on opposite sides of a particular conflict.
7. That information that pertains to another alliance should be withheld or used to advantage.
8. That spying is justified other than in its simple war mode in game mechanics.
9. That a group of 5 or more people with the same Alliance Affiliation and true desire to be seen as an alliance are any less an alliance than any other alliance. When in doubt ask.
10. That PZI or EZI is justified.
11. That rogue attacks are anything more than the act of the uncreative and cowardly.
12. That OOC attacks or spread of OOC information can ever be justified or acceptable.
13. That racist, sexist, rude, salacious or personal attacks are ever justifiable.
14. That any comment or conversation not in a private area should be offered without being tempered with respect for the potential feelings of those who may not be as tough skinned as we are.
15. That something should be done because it can be done.
16. That we have the only way to do things right.

This Covenant provides for a new form of agreement. It is a statement of principle.
It is not a bloc. It has no cancellation notice. Violation of the terms removes a signatory. Voluntary withdrawal removes a signatory.
Since the Order of the Black Rose and the Rosular Kingdom is the author there is no way for us to defer from the terms of the Covenant. There is for us no wiggle room.

What is a defensive war?

1. An attack (spying or military) on a signatory alliance that has not declared an attack (war) that requests defensive assistance.

What is an aggressive war?

1. Everything else.

On behalf of The Old Guard
Empress Theodora, Triumvar of Internal Affairs
Lan Mandragoran, Triumvar of External Affairs
Arminius, Triumvar of Security

For The Order of The Black Rose
Queen AterAtra,
Sir Winslow Knight Protector
The Knights Council

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

Edited by Hime Themis

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may have taken ages for my scars to begin to fade, but the forthright attitude and commitment to friends shown by The Order of the Black Rose has not.

I am glad to walk alongside this old foe.

o/ OBR

o/ OG

Gentle Persons

On a personal level I wish to express my great pleasure at the signing of this treaty. The Old Guard is one of the very first alliance I opened an embassy with. There are many fine people who have passed through its doors and many who still continue their fine tradition.

Respectfully

Dame Hime Themis

I'd be happy to when you and a lot of others stop making stolid comments, but by the looks of things I'll be here for a long, long time.

Considering a couple OG guys laughed at it when I informed them it wasn't meant in a hostile manner, I politely invite you to shove it.

Considering a couple OG guys laughed at it when I informed them it wasn't meant in a hostile manner, I politely invite you to shove it.

I was well aware that you didn't mean that in a hostile manner, but I'll still cheerfully accept your invitation and will gladly shove "it".  

It's obvious you don't really understand the significance of this announcement, but then again it is you after all.  

I really don't know what to say except  :facepalm:

OMG is that an infinity facepalm? And here I thought the triple facepalm was epic. You need someone else's hand just to complete it!

That's a lot of facepalm. I.....love..................this should be a .gif of it's own!

Congrats OBR and OG!

Edited by Enamel32