LoSS Treaty Web

Phoebus

treatyweb.png

LoSS Treaty Web

Add a treaty: http://www.smallsuperpowers.com/page/treaty_manager

View the web: http://www.smallsuperpowers.com/scripts/treatyweb/

About

The LoSS Treaty Web is a two-dimensional Cybernations treaty explorer and visualization containing all (non-applicant) Cybernations alliances, which can be viewed in any modern browser. All of the data is supplied by the community. A two-dimensional platform was chosen with the belief that three dimensions is often confusing and difficult to use.

Filters

The treaty web contains filters and configuration such that the user can view only the data necessary.

• Color: any alliance may be added or removed from the graph given their majority alliance color.
  • Rank: by using the rank slider, any range of alliances (ranked by score) will be displayed.
  • Treaty type: every treaty is of the type protectorate, odp, mdp, mdoap or madp. The user can display any combination of these treaties.

Planned Features

• Toggle neutral alliances on/off

You may suggest more features in this thread!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This web is interesting because every time I load it up the balance is slightly different with all the alignments in different locations (although maybe I just happened to reload it whenever a new treaty was added)

Thanks for the work LoSS :)

Question: Do the bigger dots and alliances "pull" closer, or does alliance size not factor into the distance? I notice some lines are longer than others for the same alliances, what factors into that? Type of treaty as well?

Edited by Alex987

That's cool, do you mind if I borrow this code for treaty web visualizations?

Go ahead. It may not be a ton of help. There is a lot that is reliant on server code.

The "hide neutrals" selection doesn't work.

Other than that, p awesome. Nice job.

That is an unfinished feature that snuck into the current release. It shouldn't be there and has been removed.

This web is interesting because every time I load it up the balance is slightly different with all the alignments in different locations (although maybe I just happened to reload it whenever a new treaty was added)

Thanks for the work LoSS :)

Question: Do the bigger dots and alliances "pull" closer, or does alliance size not factor into the distance? I notice some lines are longer than others for the same alliances, what factors into that? Type of treaty as well?

It places the nodes at random on start up, so it'll organize itself a little different each time. You can imagine it as a bunch of balls with springs attached between. If an alliance is being pulled in one direction by a bunch of springs, the spring going in the other direction will not be strong enough and stretch. So ultimately, it's organized by the amount of treaties. In the future, the level of treaty may become a factor.

Ok interesting, we were on opposite sides on my screen.

Also since there's no oDoAP option, should they be entered as oDP or MDoAP? Just to keep it standardized...

I'll add the option for oDoAP.

So quantity of springs is the only factor rather than size of the springs from an alliance with a lot of NS on the other end?

Currently, yes. This allows the alliances to align themselves to their sphere of influence. If it went by nation strength, everything would just cluster by alliance score. Not a very useful visualization in my opinion. I do plan to make alliance score factor into it, however, the effect will be much less prominent than amount of treaties. The same goes for type of treaty.

I made a working demo using RI5's data for our treaty web, I have border colors already defined as we use border colors.  For some reason you can only see the border color right now o_O

http://ri5.rialliance.net/treatyweb.html

Here is the json data:

http://ri5.rialliance.net/alliance_json.php