An Alliance with a Improper Name

Tom Marvolo Riddle

What I'd like to ask is: if we roleplay every kind of stuff, both taken straight from RL and completely invented or impossible, why target the Northern Lights specifically?

Is there any actual reason or is it just the first thing that came to Tom's mind?

Or are Northern Lights actually believed to be possible for some special characteristic of Earth that is expected to be rare/unique in the Universe?

So I was looking through the blog post and saw AnimeDisneyFreaks post talking about that nation remaining in an alliance called Aurora Borealis, otherwise known as the Northern Lights on Planet Earth. Now, most people wouldnt catch the error, but I did.

Seeing as all nations are, at least partially, located on Planet Bob. So, seeing as the Aurora Borealis specifically applies to earth and  no where else, wouldn't the name be improper? I get it, if thats your alliance name, fine, but Scientifically speaking, the name does not fit the game.

Just something I thought I would point out.

It is a human colony ship that crash landed on planet bob. They settled near the pole. And in memory of their home world, they cocked a snook at the local populace and added a new term to the planetary lexicon.

AB in light of this you must disband. I'm sorry, but please don't make it come to force. We just can't have Northern Lights where there are none.

Nope sorry, the snook, its already been cocked. Edited by Helbrecht

So I was looking through the blog post and saw AnimeDisneyFreaks post talking about that nation remaining in an alliance called Aurora Borealis, otherwise known as the Northern Lights on Planet Earth. Now, most people wouldnt catch the error, but I did.

Seeing as all nations are, at least partially, located on Planet Bob. So, seeing as the Aurora Borealis specifically applies to earth and  no where else, wouldn't the name be improper? I get it, if thats your alliance name, fine, but Scientifically speaking, the name does not fit the game.

Just something I thought I would point out.

Remind us who gives a crap in the first place

Just something I thought I would point out

Just wait until NPO and NATO hear about this.

We've already established a joint task force and are examining this development with all of our top minds.  Rest assured, we will defeat this logical menace and thrive once again!

In light of this monstrosity, I recommend that AB rename itself Aurora Australis so something like this could never happen again. 

That was our new member AA for a while, so doing that now would just be confusing. ;)

In light of this earth shattering event, now is the best time to reset CN.

The only acceptable course of action is to create a language specific to Planet Bob, disregarding anything Earth related. I will leave this task up to you, Tom, seeing as how you really seem to care, when literally nobody else has thought of this in what, 7 years?

In light of this earth shattering event, now is the best time to reset CN.

The only acceptable course of action is to create a language specific to Planet Bob, disregarding anything Earth related. I will leave this task up to you, Tom, seeing as how you really seem to care, when literally nobody else has thought of this in what, 7 years?

Speak for yourself, I thought about this 6 years ago. :psyduck:

This is one of the best posts in CN history, sarcasm be damned.

It really is underrated. I'm surprised someone even asked for this discussion to be reopened. Then again, our community argues about anything.

• 2 weeks later...