Department of State of The Confederation of MidAmerica

PresidentDavid

"Oh well good," he said as he let his guard down. "The State Department will be sure to investigate what laws y'all have that we should ensure our citizens know before visiting your country... I think most of the laws here in Austin are rather straightforward. However, MidAmerica is a Confederation of several different nations with different laws. In some places you need a second VISA from that country to visit it, while in other countries a MidAmerica VISA will work. In some countries, yelling 'bomb' in a movie theater is against the law while in others it isn't taken seriously. When it comes down to following the law, I'm sure the average citizen wouldn't have a problem with it but I'm sure your government will be able to do the same thing when it comes to information sharing. One of the biggest errors they could make as a visitor is allowing their VISA to expire which is punishable by either a $50,000 fine for each week violated or two weeks in jail for each week violated. That's one of the things we are strict on ever since the Confederate States of America fell. The intelligence department alerted me that they," he thought carefully, "tried getting some spies into MidAmerica. Luckily we caught them."

"I see," Markovic replied. "Well, rest assured I doubt you will be seeing any Soviet spies in your country."

Taking a sip of water now, Markovic added, "Now, there is a matter I wish to address. We are always concerned with the well-being of Soviet citizens everywhere. Therefore we feel it would be in our best interests to establish a Soviet Red Army outpost near our embassy. Is this something the MidAmericans would be opposed to?"

Collins nodded, "As the host country, the protection of your embassy, from the outside, lies with the MidAmerican government. This building will be Soviet territory, internationally speaking, and you can have as many soldiers as you can fit in here, but a foreign military base would not be accepted by Chief Travis and I'm sure Congress would be against it to. But I can assure you this is the most well-guarded city in the country with the best riot police and a strong local government. You have nothing to fear when it comes to security."