Top Posters In This Topic

TPC: 114k NS

Citadel: 178k NS

Total: 292k NS

OP: 137k

NDO: 149k

Misfits: 61k

Total: 347k NS

Down declare? I fail to see it. OP was just mad that we focused on them. Down with the evil infrastructure!

TPC focused on OP too. Numbers of nations are left out of those stats. It was the average NS difference per nation that mattered - and usually matters - most on the battlefields. All the smaller NDO/Misfits nations didn't matter much at all in the war itself. The biggest result of the higher average ns per nation difference in favor of Citadel/TPC was many more top 5% nations and almost all the nukes of the war. You guys were doing almost all the nuking, with just a couple exceptions. It was a pretty big down declare - when the war was over, you and TPC had lost almost no average nation strength, you'd been replacing lost infra with gained tech during the war as far as ns was concerned. That only happens when the only attacks someone can do against you are underdog attacks, when they always have smaller planes than you do, and when you are generally not getting nuked - and they are.

When the Warriors were thinking about our first war, because of how huge the down-declares were in their first wars, we felt we had our choices among TPC, Hellas and/or Citadel for options. Those were the alliances that took such easy wars they really had no legit right to complain about a more fairer one. Hellas' first war against TFK was pretty cheap too, and for mostly the same reasons. If we had been big enough at the time to hit two of the three, we would have. Probably TPC and Citadel, but we just weren't quite big enough. So we could only hit one and a smaller alliance, and because of extenuating circumstances, Cowboy chose to hit Citadel. He had his good reasons for doing so.

This war should be more fun than the last, at least nukes will fly both ways :)

o7 OP

o7 Citadel

TPC focused on OP too. Numbers of nations are left out of those stats. It was the average NS difference per nation that mattered - and usually matters - most on the battlefields. All the smaller NDO/Misfits nations didn't matter much at all in the war itself. The biggest result of the higher average ns per nation difference in favor of Citadel/TPC was many more top 5% nations and almost all the nukes of the war. You guys were doing almost all the nuking, with just a couple exceptions. It was a pretty big down declare - when the war was over, you and TPC had lost almost no average nation strength, you'd been replacing lost infra with gained tech during the war as far as ns was concerned. That only happens when the only attacks someone can do against you are underdog attacks, when they always have smaller planes than you do, and when you are generally not getting nuked - and they are.

When the Warriors were thinking about our first war, because of how huge the down-declares were in their first wars, we felt we had our choices among TPC, Hellas and/or Citadel for options. Those were the alliances that took such easy wars they really had no legit right to complain about a more fairer one. Hellas' first war against TFK was pretty cheap too, and for mostly the same reasons. If we had been big enough at the time to hit two of the three, we would have. Probably TPC and Citadel, but we just weren't quite big enough. So we could only hit one and a smaller alliance, and because of extenuating circumstances, Cowboy chose to hit Citadel. He had his good reasons for doing so.

o7 OP
o7 Citadel

Well said Clash, agree with all said.

Regardless, good luck to both my alliance and my opponents. No mercy shall be shown.

o7 OP
o7 Citadel

Whether or not their efforts were mainly on you does not hide the fact that others took hard hits? I fought both Citadel and TPC's leaders in that war along with others.... And im sure us Misfits done our part :O the lack of coordination is what made it such a mess. The only way we couldnt have had more wars was due to the fact we were half the size.

I dont mean to cause a fuss here.... But we done more than what was asked of us during that war and i will not let anyone discredit our nations efforts!

Apologies -  No disrect meant towards the other AA's fighting with us in the first war.

It seemed more dramatic for the DoW to phrase it as I did.

Citadel was playing grown up and wearing some big boy pants in that war....let's see what they have here. 

Try to ignore the yellow stains.

Whether or not their efforts were mainly on you does not hide the fact that others took hard hits? I fought both Citadel and TPC's leaders in that war along with others.... And im sure us Misfits done our part :o the lack of coordination is what made it such a mess. The only way we couldnt have had more wars was due to the fact we were half the size.

I dont mean to cause a fuss here.... But we done more than what was asked of us during that war and i will not let anyone discredit our nations efforts!

I definitely don't think anyone was saying it was pain free for others, but as a defender you cannot pick to say wars are evenly spread.  Thats just not the way the declare war button works. If the attacker wants to attack someone else at a higher rate they can.

Grabbed from the thread at the time:

This is the first chance that I have had to post.  Was busy with about 22 out-of-town guests at the house, including my adorable 8 month old granddaughter!   

I was able to check my nation for the first time about 10:00pm last night.  I found 59 attack messages, and found that my nation that I left at 5,500 NS was attacked by a 6,500 NS nation, a 7,000 NS nation and a 7,400 NS nation.  I wish I was not busy with family because it would have been a fun fight.  But my granddaughter comes first.  Did I mention that she is ADORABLE?

So last night, I did some checking on the stats.

What I find interesting is the declarations.

I know that for a number of rounds now, AA's are using the "tag-a-long" tactic when making their DoW's.  Select an AA or two to try to "tag-a-long" with their main target(s) to make the numbers fit.   That seems to have become an acceptable approach in TE of late.

Usually in these "tag-a-long" wars, all AA's in the DoW are attacked pretty much equally.  But I have to tip my hat to whomever came up with the new tactic used in this war. 

At the time of the DoW, here is the breakdown of the nation count of the AA's that were "attacked"....

NDO - 31 nations (42.5%)  
TM  - 14 nations (19.2%)
OP  - 29 nations (39.7%)

Now let's take a look at the actual attacks:

Pre-update blitz attacks (slots used against)....

NDO  -  12 (29.3%)
TM   -  4  (9.8%)
OP   -  25 (61.0%)

Attacks in the first 6 hours (slots used against)....

NDO  -  25 (31.3%)
TM   -  5  (6.3%)
OP   -  50 (62.5%)

Attacks in the first 12 hours (slots used against)....

NDO  -  28 (30.8%)
TM   -  8  (8.8%)
OP   -  55 (60.4%)

Nations attacked (in the first 12 hours)....

NDO  -  13 (34.2%)
TM   -  3  (7.9%)
OP   -  22 (57.9%)

Finally, Nukes launched against....

NDO  -  8  (33.3%)
TM  -  1   (4.2%)
OP  -  15  (62.5%)

So as I said, I don't know who was the master mind behind this tactic but I have to tip my hat to him.  Declare on three alliances to make the numbers look fairly good, focus the majority of your effort on the real intended target and try to avoid the one with nukes.   

This is an awesome twist to the "tag-a-long" tactic.  I have learned something new.  Thanks!   :awesome:

Yeah.... It just looked as if we were just trash :P

I understand it is pretty hard to find the correct words for CN, i find that problem myself.

I just think if all 3 of us had coordinated then it would have been a lot more even... Our nukes could have been strategic rather than just to destroy stuff. But we were in a fairly even position hence why we never approached the others about coordination... Although we individually coordinated with others. Had OP approached is and NDO was it? Then i think the damage would have been massively reduced...

Pretty much. When we planned the war, we'd assumed everyone on the defending side would make every effort to coordinate against us. Unfortunately, a lot of gov members in NDO and OP were away on holidays/other stuff got in the way, so there was little if any high-level coordination. 

I definitely don't think anyone was saying it was pain free for others, but as a defender you cannot pick to say wars are evenly spread.  Thats just not the way the declare war button works. If the attacker wants to attack someone else at a higher rate they can.

Grabbed from the thread at the time:

Honestly, that only shows how much NDO could've picked up the slack to help take heat off of the others. I fought misfits most of that war and I believe someone from OP even. The misfits guys kept me entertained for sure. But there were many. and I mean many NDO nations who weren't in anarchy and still considered top tier at the time

Edit: oh and finally I get to declare on the ginger hippy! Edited by Lurunin

Thomas: if that tag-along is the justification for this not-very-veiled downdeclare, my defense of it is kind of relevant. :P

This.

What does the defense of your veiled attempt at a tag-along down declare have to do with this thread?

Just asking.

This idea is fundamentally wrong. If someone wanted to do an effective downdeclare/curbstomp they would have did what you did here. 

B-)

Well,well... Just enjoy the opportunity to get something back from some of the ones that took it from you ...!  :lol1: 

Have  a great time everyone...! ^_^ :frantic:

Pretty much. When we planned the war, we'd assumed everyone on the defending side would make every effort to coordinate against us. Unfortunately, a lot of gov members in NDO and OP were away on holidays/other stuff got in the way, so there was little if any high-level coordination. 

Lies, you knew exactly how it would go down. You guys once bragged about having dossiers on many AAs do you expect us to believe that you didn't put considerable thought in your curb stomp of the three of us? In fact you guys let Citadel buy nukes and hurt their long term growth and hid behind them. Facts are facts and you guys can make your "paul is terrible" or "paul is a cry baby", but most everyone in TE knows the truth. Only difference is that I wear my emotions on my sleeve and let you know to your face that I think TPC sucks and its gov is full of two faced, back stabbing individuals.

Edit... And we will never forgive nor forget what you guys did. Edited by paul711

Lies,
you knew exactly how it would go down. You guys once bragged about
having dossiers on many AAs do you expect us to believe that you didn't
put considerable thought in your curb stomp of the three of us? In fact
you guys let Citadel buy nukes and hurt their long term growth and hid
behind them. Facts are facts and you guys can make your "paul is
terrible" or "paul is a cry baby", but most everyone in TE knows the
truth. Only difference is that I wear my emotions on my sleeve and let
you know to your face that I think TPC sucks and its gov is full of two
faced, back stabbing individuals.

Edit... And we will never forgive nor forget what you guys did.

never let anyone know what you're thinking

Edited by dockingscheduled

Living the dream...*

*Assuming you dream of living in a shitty B movie where the characters can't refrain from constantly making dramatic pseudo-profound proclamations.

Oh, they do not know everything.

Never claimed to.

never let anyone know what you're thinking

It was never a secret lol

Lies, you knew exactly how it would go down. You guys once bragged about having dossiers on many AAs do you expect us to believe that you didn't put considerable thought in your curb stomp of the three of us? In fact you guys let Citadel buy nukes and hurt their long term growth and hid behind them. Facts are facts and you guys can make your "paul is terrible" or "paul is a cry baby", but most everyone in TE knows the truth. Only difference is that I wear my emotions on my sleeve and let you know to your face that I think TPC sucks and its gov is full of two faced, back stabbing individuals.

Edit... And we will never forgive nor forget what you guys did.

Nothing wrong with wearing emotions on sleeves, but OP has been living in a fantasy world for a long time now. It isn't unique to this round. It seems like whenever you are put on the defensive it is some act of unprecedented aggression that must be responded to with this kind of garbage on OWF and elsewhere. Get over yourselves. Not every war involves a vast (insert attacking alliance) conspiracy against you. 

Let's set the record straight. Neither Citadel nor TPC needed each other to take you on. If we were hell bent on curbstomping you knowing your history of flipping out over your wars I promise you we would have finished the job then and there to keep you from pulling the crap you are right now. After last round ended, we didn't have any grudges held. I don't even remember fighting you last round, so I have no idea why you would think we entered that first war with some ax to grind. 

It was you that was completely unprepared for war when you should have been and it was you who balled up in a corner and didn't coordinate when we brought war to your door. 

Now I know you are too caught up in your own little world to process all of that but hear me now:

TE's history is nothing but a tablet of crimes, follies, and misfortunes. What goes around inevitably comes around. When TPC and others have made mistakes, we've paid for them. That won't change. You crossed the line this round. I don't know when and I don't know who or how, but you will pay dearly for your utter contempt for the TE rules of war.

Never claimed to.

It was never a secret lol

Nothing wrong with wearing emotions on sleeves, but OP has been living in a fantasy world for a long time now. It isn't unique to this round. It seems like whenever you are put on the defensive it is some act of unprecedented aggression that must be responded to with this kind of garbage on OWF and elsewhere. Get over yourselves. Not every war involves a vast (insert attacking alliance) conspiracy against you. 

Let's set the record straight. Neither Citadel nor TPC needed each other to take you on. If we were hell bent on curbstomping you knowing your history of flipping out over your wars I promise you we would have finished the job then and there to keep you from pulling the crap you are right now. After last round ended, we didn't have any grudges held. I don't even remember fighting you last round, so I have no idea why you would think we entered that first war with some ax to grind. 

It was you that was completely unprepared for war when you should have been and it was you who balled up in a corner and didn't coordinate when we brought war to your door. 

Now I know you are too caught up in your own little world to process all of that but hear me now:

TE's history is nothing but a tablet of crimes, follies, and misfortunes. What goes around inevitably comes around. When TPC and others have made mistakes, we've paid for them. That won't change. You crossed the line this round. I don't know when and I don't know who or how, but you will pay dearly for your utter contempt for the TE rules of war.

Lol... Talk about crossing the lines huh lolz