Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

topflagnt2.png

It is with regret that, a little over 72 hours ago, we have notified Old Guard that we were activating Article 5 of the MDoAP that tied our two alliances together. The terrible disease known as apathy has apparently engulfed them for too long; we barely had a word in over two years and when time came to fight side by side once more, their banners stayed in their halls, collecting dust.

As a relic of a forgotten era, our treaty stipulated that, if cancelled, a Non-Aggression Pact would take its place.

As we were Old Guard's last partners, we have decided to extend our protection over them for a period of sixty days. We hope that this time will give their last active members time to figure out what they want to do with their alliance: find a new home or take up the challenge of reviving it.

To old friends,

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this makes sense on TOP's part. I had some friends at OG and was the driving force behind the treaty between them and Symphony. By that time, apathy had already taken root in OG, but I remember some comments that our presence and discussions helped breathe some life back into them. As it turns out, they outlived Symphony. Anyway, I wish my old friends at OG all the best. Good and classy move by TOP to extend 60 days' protection. 

Sadly, Old Guard exists as an alliance in name only. The few still around are inactive, and those I knew from my time there have either left CN or moved on to other alliances.

I'd encourage those who still collect taxes every 20 days to bring the Old Guard to a dignified closure and move on as the rest of us have.

A sad day indeed. TOP and OG have walked along for a long while and I know it must have been a difficult decision made easier due to our inability to keep up with our end of the conversation.

Old Guard has been blessed over the years with great allies but for a time it appears we will walk alone.

Best of luck TOP