Warriors war

I wasn't happy because I thought it was a chump move to hit us (Citadel and Hades) when both alliances haven't had a full week since both of our wars expired.  Not because of down declares (the game sets nation ranges for attacks and anyone who really complains about this sings a tired old song) but because if somebody wants a real challenge they either declare war early when all things are equal or they do the "up-declare" to push themselves by hitting more nations or somebody they know is prepared for war.  Maybe it's not even the fact you did it, but that you couldn't even admit it and instead tried to pretend it didn't fly in the face of traditional TE norms that have been established and that you didn't have an advantage waiting 24 days to declare and hit nations who had low warchests.

Now that the conversation is drifting to previous butthurt in previous wars elsewhere I really wish I hadn't said anything.  I don't want to be lumped into that group.  If I had any kind of warchest I'd barely have any damage this war (nuke and cm only) because I'd be able to afford to rebuy air force.  The lack of coordination from my opponents is impressive.  You almost have to post when you are going to hit so other people don't accidentally attack at the same time to reach this level of coordination.  With my lack of cash available, I appreciate the consideration.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have never been one to post in here as I try to stay out of the politics of the game as much as possible and just fight like the game was disigned to do.

But I just had to say something as I have had some humorous pm's from Clash and actually think he is  pretty good guy from what I know of him so far.

Though I definitely can't say the same for PolarBear as apparenty he has such a hard on (forgive my french) for Citadel that he actually believes that he should try and hinder our rebuild efforts this early in the round by doing spy attacks that I always thought were reserved for those that you absolutely hated or near the end of round you used to try and keep them from the flag.

To:

JesusKitten   

polarbear   

Date: 4/14/2013 12:06:57 AM

Subject: Spy Operation Attack

A spy operation has been launched against yournation. In the attack the enemy spies targeted your population andmanaged to incite new government propaganda. In the attack your counter

spies managed to kill 20 enemy spies and your attackers identity has
been publicly revealed.

So this is the new standard for fighting from the "Elite" alliance named "the Warriors"?

Or are you now picking up members that no other alliance wanted Clash because of their underhanded gamplay?

I could accept the down declare that you guys did to us as I have always loved a challenge when it comes to fighting here in TE and actually thought it was a pretty fair fight is why I never said anything negative like the others have about the "huge down declare" as I just didn't see it.

With 550 spies I could pull the same dirty stunt on every one of my opponents but have choosen not to as it is just not in me.

I will however keep on trying to do the same mission on PolarBear as in my mind he does wholeheartedly deserve that mission inflicted upon him and all the damage that I can possible muster against him for the remainder of the round.

Just remember Mr PolarBear that "Hell hath no Fury as a Woman Scorned" sweety.

Gets even worse when that woman has lots of friends here in game. :mad:

Edited by JesusKitten

maybe next time instead of declareing and then just sit there turtleing for 2 days you will actuall attack instead of just sending nukes my way.  ther are not many ways to annoy me in this game but turtleing is right there at the top.  Next time fight a proper war and you will get treated proper

maybe next time instead of declareing and then just sit there turtleing for 2 days you will actuall attack instead of just sending nukes my way.  ther are not many ways to annoy me in this game but turtleing is right there at the top.  Next time fight a proper war and you will get treated proper

You are a really funny fella, Polarbear. What do you expect from us, when most of us have no warchests? That's why you have decided to attack us in 5 days. You know it's not possible to prepare.

Surely you'll have the same experience like that as well and then let us see, how you will be not turtleing.

I found out only yesterday, that it's not Clash who is leading the Warriors atm. lol

No wonder- he never would've done such crap. I guess each alliance has to show now, how to fight a war with only 5 days of peace - new standrds set by "the Warriors" under new management.

I see that the only thing that surpasses your cowardly fighting style is your lying sweety.

Nation Name:

Feline

Mithgar
         Ruler Name:
        JesusKitten 
        message_compose.png

polarbear 
        message_compose.png
         Alliance:

Citadelalliance_statistic.gif

Warriorsalliance_statistic.gif

Soldiers Lost: JK = 27,431 / Mithgar = 26,211

Tanks Lost: JK = 1,332 / Mithgar = 2,180

Cruise Missiles Lost: JK = 3 / Mithgar = 0

Aircraft Lost: JK = 27 / Mithgar = 64

Navy Lost: 0 / 0

Infrastructure Lost: JK = 246.09 / Mithgar = 369.48

Technology Lost: JK = 66.70 / Mithgar = 118.55

Land Lost: JK = 95.255 / Mithgar = 334.026

Land/Tech/Infra: JK = 1,214.65 Strength Lost / Mithgar = 2,202.22 Strength Lost

Destruction Rank: Of 1,188 existing wars this war is ranked #45 in destruction.

Amazing how I have done the damage to you that I have by "turtleing".

Good thing I have been "turtleing" because if  I wasn't you would be ZI'ed by now. :P

I am certain you can ask around nd there will be tons of people that will let you know just how much I "turtle". B-)

Edited by JesusKitten

Have never been one to post in here as I try to stay out of the politics of the game as much as possible and just fight like the game was disigned to do.

Though I definitely can't say the same for PolarBear as apparenty he has such a hard on (forgive my french) for Citadel that he actually believes that he should try and hinder our rebuild efforts this early in the round by doing spy attacks that I always thought were reserved for those that you absolutely hated or near the end of round you used to try and keep them from the flag.

With 550 spies I could pull the same dirty stunt on every one of my opponents but have choosen not to as it is just not in me.

Just remember Mr PolarBear that "Hell hath no Fury as a Woman Scorned" sweety.

Gets even worse when that woman has lots of friends here in game. :mad:

Seeing that you do not post often, one of your few posts should not be so full of hypocrisy.

During the Cit/TPC thinly veiled curbstomping of OP, I received every possible spy attack...

- Destroy Land
- Incite Government Propaganda
- Incite Religious Propaganda
- Sabotage IRS Proficiency

But then there were these:

Message: A spy operation has been launched against your nation. In the attack the enemy spies targeted your federal reserves and managed to destroy $182,789.34 money. Your attacker was able to return home unharmed and unidentified.

Message: A spy operation has been launched against your nation. In the attack the enemy spies targeted your federal reserves and managed to destroy $190,830.89 money. Your attacker was able to return home unharmed and unidentified.

Message: A spy operation has been launched against your nation. In the attack the enemy spies targeted your federal reserves and managed to destroy $214,248.92 money. Your attacker was able to return home unharmed and unidentified.

Message: A spy operation has been launched against your nation. In the attack the enemy spies targeted your federal reserves and managed to destroy $297,845.62 money. Your attacker was able to return home unharmed and unidentified.

So I guess that Cit finds it distasteful to have their Government setting changed to "try and hinder our rebuild efforts this early in the round", but find no problem is changing all the settings of their opponents PLUS destroy nearly $1 million much earlier in the round.

What does a "scorned women" have to say about that hypocrisy?

Edited by Thomasj_tx

well considering i had to piss you off to get you to do anything besides send nukes my way little kitten yes i do consider what you did turtleing. all that damage you are proud of is just from the 2 nukes you sent my way.  also dont be too proud of the ns i lost remember i was fighting 3 others who were actually fighting me back.  btw props go out to snapcrackle, Taeyon, and Eumirbago you all have put up one hell of a fun fight. 

Also btw Kongland remeber she attacked me not the other way around your arguement about no wc is invalid if you dont have one dont start a war you cannot afford to fight, would have been differnet if i had attacked her then i would have had no room for my complaints about turtleing

Edited by Polarbear

- Destroy Land

You should have complained at the time. Maybe you could have gotten somebody to run more Destroy Land ops. :P

Well, I remembered my password so I'll post. I generally hate the owf, it's awfully depressing reading in general. I'm busy enough these days I should be asleep by now anyways, so I'll throw a bunch of crap in this post them probably not post again.

As far spy gov ops and the like go, I had this very conversation with a Hellas guy (finnandjake?) just the other round. I kinda forget which one, those Hellas guys all sort of blend together after a while :awesome:

By now I have fought against nearly every alliance there is in TE except the newest ones, and 3 times as many alliances that don't exist anymore. They are very common spy attacks and have been used against me many times. I had reports that RE, OP and Hellas all did them against us when we fought them last round. As does Citadel, it seems. Pork Shrimp used to use them as an alliance-wide tactic (more so back when they were flag running regularly), and the PS-influenced Muscle Hamsters used them against RE last round when we fought together. As does TPC.

I argued with King James about them the last time we fought TPC a few rounds ago, and he basically said get over it lol. When we fought alongside TPC against Hellas, TFK and Catharsis two rounds ago, it was the first time I remember ever seeing spy gov and spy religion columns put on a target list. TPC were very systematic about making sure opposing nations got them both. Apparently TPC sees war as not only how much damage you dish out in a war, but how fast you rebuild from a war. I have seen TPC accused of turtling at times in wars that aren't going well for them (I think Hellas mentioned it last round's war with them), and it might be explained by this philosophy.

Myself, I tend to agree with the Jesuskitty and Jake. They are not really even part of the war being fought, especially not for nations that have been nuked and usually won't be collecting until some time after the war. They are used to weaken nations post-war rather then at war. I actually WANT my opponents to rebuild well. In Warriors' history, we have often times fought alongside an alliance after we have warred against them, as part of our Friends Through War policy. Such attacks are likely to leave a sour taste in your opponents mouth that inhibits future cooperation. They are really more one of those SE carryover things, where spiteful grudges can last literally years, as opposed to just a round or 2.

Anyways. Gov, religion, IRS, I've never been one to do those very often and I won't use them this war either. The exceptions are when someone does them to me and gets caught, or when someone (usually flag runners) has a whole crapload of warchest yet turtles anyways. In both cases, they have earned it. As I said to Jesuskitty in pm, I officially crap upon the flag, so there you go.

However. While we do not practice them as an alliance-wide policy, many many Warriors have had these spy ops used against them systematically over the rounds. Some of them have picked up the practice and use them as they see fit, and I do not think it right to tell them differently. After all, it's used by just about somebody in every war, and by just about everybody is some wars. They are a legal part of the game. So we leave it up to the individual to decide when to use them and leave it at that.

----

As far as this war choice goes, meh. Sometimes you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. We got left out of the early wars this round and you have to war somebody or someone snivels about it. Yet as everyone else has warred already, it would have to be our 1st war against their 2nd war. I think that happens to someone every round. it happened to TPC two rounds ago and to RE and tW last round. So screw it.

We picked out a couple alliances that didn't seem to take a lot of damage in their first wars, both of whom had a higher average ns than us and who had more combined nukes than us (even tho they were pretty much all Citadels, who STILL has more nukes than we do.) If we had been a bit bigger, maybe we would have warred TPC or Hellas instead of Hades. I think someone was going to be unhappy no matter what and no matter who we attacked, that was inevitable. At least we picked worthy opponents, and as the always honorable Getabeer said, it turned out to be quite a heavyweight match-up.

Even though I was a couple days late due to being an inactive slacker and slug, I still managed to get in some fun. Here's props out to Jesuskitten, Warhammer, mr pink, Arostock and theBOOM of Citadel, all of whom did their alliance proud in blowing me up. Especially to the first two for hitting me and waking me up, as too often the only wars I get are the ones I pick. Also my gratitude to Lord Hersey of Hades who took my last nuke, which saves me on bills during rebuilding. Thanks bro!

Cowboy of Texas is mostly running tW this round, and he's doing just fine so far. Cowboy has all my support, as do the rest of our gov this round. I've got just too much going on right now in life to do much more than fight and this wall o' text will probably be my last post for a while. I hate this place anyways lol.

Carry on, folks.

Edited by Clash

You should have complained at the time. Maybe you could have gotten somebody to run more Destroy Land ops. :P

And this is the only thing that you took away from my post?  Or did you selectively ignore and deflect from the rest of the post?

I strongly suspect that it is the latter.

I have never had a Destroy Cash spy op run against me in my 21 rounds and I have never run a Destroy Cash spy op.

Have you E?

And I suspect you will claim that you have had them run against you, so I ask, you ever had them run against you in the first 2 weeks of a round?

when it comes to spy ops, i think the only 4 worthy ones are 1- change DEFCON, 2-  destroy nuke 3- change threat levels, 4- destroy money

literally in that order too. while this is TE and war is to be fun, it's still a war guys. you still set out to do damage to the other. you set out to not only have fun, but to make sure the other alliance(s) don't have the opportunity to run for the flag. if that means putting a bit of lasting that will last a few days, sure why not? it's not like rounds end every 30days anymore.

people, grow a pair and fight. if you're complaining about spy ops during a war of all fucking things there's something wrong with you. spy ops during peace time is an entirely different thing and should be treated with scorn, not mid-war ones.

btw, Clash, I looked for you on the battlefield but you were too big, stop growing your damned nation! :P

Well, I remembered my password so I'll post. I generally hate the owf, it's awfully depressing reading in general. I'm busy enough these days I should be asleep by now anyways, so I'll throw a bunch of crap in this post them probably not post again.

As far spy gov ops and the like go, I had this very conversation with a Hellas guy (finnandjake?) just the other round. I kinda forget which one, those Hellas guys all sort of blend together after a while :awesome:

By now I have fought against nearly every alliance there is in TE except the newest ones, and 3 times as many alliances that don't exist anymore. They are very common spy attacks and have been used against me many times. I had reports that RE, OP and Hellas all did them against us when we fought them last round. As does Citadel, it seems. Pork Shrimp used to use them as an alliance-wide tactic (more so back when they were flag running regularly), and the PS-influenced Muscle Hamsters used them against RE last round when we fought together. As does TPC.

I argued with King James about them the last time we fought TPC a few rounds ago, and he basically said get over it lol. When we fought alongside TPC against Hellas, TFK and Catharsis two rounds ago, it was the first time I remember ever seeing spy gov and spy religion columns put on a target list. TPC were very systematic about making sure opposing nations got them both. Apparently TPC sees war as not only how much damage you dish out in a war, but how fast you rebuild from a war. I have seen TPC accused of turtling at times in wars that aren't going well for them (I think Hellas mentioned it last round's war with them), and it might be explained by this philosophy.

Myself, I tend to agree with the Jesuskitty and Jake. They are not really even part of the war being fought, especially not for nations that have been nuked and usually won't be collecting until some time after the war. They are used to weaken nations post-war rather then at war. I actually WANT my opponents to rebuild well. In Warriors' history, we have often times fought alongside an alliance after we have warred against them, as part of our Friends Through War policy. Such attacks are likely to leave a sour taste in your opponents mouth that inhibits future cooperation. They are really more one of those SE carryover things, where spiteful grudges can last literally years, as opposed to just a round or 2.

Anyways. Gov, religion, IRS, I've never been one to do those very often and I won't use them this war either. The exceptions are when someone does them to me and gets caught, or when someone (usually flag runners) has a whole crapload of warchest yet turtles anyways. In both cases, they have earned it. As I said to Jesuskitty in pm, I officially crap upon the flag, so there you go.

However. While we do not practice them as an alliance-wide policy, many many Warriors have had these spy ops used against them systematically over the rounds. Some of them have picked up the practice and use them as they see fit, and I do not think it right to tell them differently. After all, it's used by just about somebody in every war, and by just about everybody is some wars. They are a legal part of the game. So we leave it up to the individual to decide when to use them and leave it at that.

----

As far as this war choice goes, meh. Sometimes you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. We got left out of the early wars this round and you have to war somebody or someone snivels about it. Yet as everyone else has warred already, it would have to be our 1st war against their 2nd war. I think that happens to someone every round. it happened to TPC two rounds ago and to RE and tW last round. So screw it.

We picked out a couple alliances that didn't seem to take a lot of damage in their first wars, both of whom had a higher average ns than us and who had more combined nukes than us (even tho they were pretty much all Citadels, who STILL has more nukes than we do.) If we had been a bit bigger, maybe we would have warred TPC or Hellas instead of Hades. I think someone was going to be unhappy no matter what and no matter who we attacked, that was inevitable. At least we picked worthy opponents, and as the always honorable Getabeer said, it turned out to be quite a heavyweight match-up.

Even though I was a couple days late due to being an inactive slacker and slug, I still managed to get in some fun. Here's props out to Jesuskitten, Warhammer, mr pink, Arostock and theBOOM of Citadel, all of whom did their alliance proud in blowing me up. Especially to the first two for hitting me and waking me up, as too often the only wars I get are the ones I pick. Also my gratitude to Lord Hersey of Hades who took my last nuke, which saves me on bills during rebuilding. Thanks bro!

Cowboy of Texas is mostly running tW this round, and he's doing just fine so far. Cowboy has all my support, as do the rest of our gov this round. I've got just too much going on right now in life to do much more than fight and this wall o' text will probably be my last post for a while. I hate this place anyways lol.

Carry on, folks.

Didn't read the entire thread so I don't know what's going on lol.

We've learned long ago that war is war. Absent pressing circumstances you give all you have. Spying is a weapon of war that can be used during wartime. 

As for talk of TPC turtling, we didn't quite put our heads in the sand last round when Hellas came knocking.  ;)  

So CowboyTx, I went over and had a look at your nation..

Infrastructure: 2,594.99

Number of Soldiers Lost in All Wars.   0 Attacking + 5,694 Defending = 5,694 Casualties

Maybe they wouldn't have run those ops if you'd actually bothered to do something besides zero your defenders and turtle it out, eh? And oh man, these new war stat screens are great. How else would I know that your opponents lost -ZERO- infra while fighting you? You didn't even send CMs! If you're going to sit there and protect your precious warchest so that you can build back to 2594 infra (and 31 tech, sandbag much?), then I think your opponents are justified in sending a few love taps.

So CowboyTx, I went over and had a look at your nation..

Maybe they wouldn't have run those ops if you'd actually bothered to do something besides zero your defenders and turtle it out, eh? And oh man, these new war stat screens are great. How else would I know that your opponents lost -ZERO- infra while fighting you? You didn't even send CMs! If you're going to sit there and protect your precious warchest so that you can build back to 2594 infra (and 31 tech, sandbag much?), then I think your opponents are justified in sending a few love taps.

Much as I have disdain for OP, Turtling IS a valid tactic IMO.

But then again, I am in favour of using as many spy ops as possible to damage the enemy now and future collects where they can come back at you stronger. Thats always been the way as far as I am concerned. I wouldnt expect the enemy to do any less.

Seems the Warriors gov. is extremely shy to post much, it seems we have peace.

o/Citadel

o/Hades

o/ those Warriors members, who knew what this war really was and let me know their "special" opinion about it

To clarify. War ending update of 15/16. As original wars expire. No further attacks after that. Peace has been sent out from yesterday though.

You see how it's being done? There was no real clarification from Cowboy even after I've asked. Very odd

I guess I'll have to step up for Warriors and be their unofficial spokesperson again. 

We Have Surrendered on  this 15/16 Update

Many of our proud Warrior nations have already laid down their arms due to a brilliant Citadel victory. Despite our best evil and conniving efforts to attack Citadel and Hades when they were fresh out of war, we were simply out maneuvered and outclassed on the battlefield by Citadel and Hades. Like the gracious winners they are, both alliances have accepted our surrender. Let there be peace until we get embarrassed again. 

unOfficaly spokesman of Warriors,

Swazz 

The Lawyer and Spokesperson for Warriors: 

3695hHy.gif

I have been pretty inactive this round. I didn't even log in for the first couple days after the war ended, just as I missed the first twos days of this war for the same reason. The last time Cowboy and I talked was after TPC/Citadel's first war and the Hellas/TFK war were both looking very decided, if not officially over. We'd not warred yet but we were going to have to war soon.

I think the end result of a war says as much as anything about how hard a war was picked. Citadel took almost no damage in their first war, nor did Hellas or TPC. Citadel had more nukes than we did in this war, in part, because their top nations were able to keep buying nukes throughout their war and after it. Citadel's top nations weren't knocked out of the top 5%, because they took almost no damage - and they rarely got nuked. It worked out the same way for TPC and Hellas, of course.

We were going to war someone, and sooner rather than later. Solely because of the way those wars went down, our top 3 potential targets were going to have be Hellas, TPC, Citadel or some combination of them. That was both mine and Cowboy's decision, before their wars were even over. None of them took enough significant damage to take them off our potential targets list. We have 50+ members after all. We need a lot of nations to fight anyways.

Aside: The warchest whining? I answer that with the wise words of Einer. We were going to war someone, make no mistake about it. If Citadel had more warchest and less infra and nukes, it's ns would have been lower and we might have had more nukes than Citadel did. That's generally unacceptable for us. Cowboy would probably have paired Citadel up with Hellas instead of Hades.

If I had a bunch of free time and was in charge this round, and the final choice for this war had been mine? In the interest of finding a hard war against deserving opponents, I'd probably have tried to get someone smaller to go with us (WAPA maybe?) and hit both Citadel and Hellas OR perhaps more likely, hit TPC and someone else. Or, if luck was really with my deal-making skills, I'd have found enough nations to hit all three alliances. Whoever we war, whoever our leaders are, our targets generally need to have bigger average nations than ourselves and more nukes, or they aren't worthy of our war.

To: Cowboy From: kong92 Date: 4/15/2013 5:52:49 PM

Subject: RE: Warriors having attacked
Message: What you did I would't have done even to the worst of the enemies.

Let's not pretend we are friends.
I've approached you as a friend at the round start, as I used to do it with Clash each round.
You didn't say anything to me directly whether you like my suggestions or not.
Instead, you've chosen to hit us when we were just out of war.It's a treacherious act of a snake..

Don't ever pretend to be a friend.

NO need to continue those conversations.

There is no integrity in the Warriors left, once you are in charge

Tread more carefully, kong.

In this war, both alliances we warred against had higher average nation strength than we did. You can't say the same. In this war, our targets not only had more nukes than we did to start, they still do after the war is over. You absolutely can't say the same. Swazz can stuff this reality up his Lohan: For our first war, we picked a significantly harder war than you did in your first war.

Cowboy did just fine. In Warriors' tradition, he picked a legit updeclare,

Cowboy and the government he has assembled has my fullest support.

./gargantuan wall o' text

Edited by Clash