The South American Accords

Captain Enema

"Yes, that does seem to be an issue," De Juagari replied as he looked back at Otero from Argentina through the computer screen without commenting on the obvious. Still, it was difficult for De Juagari to comment on Argentina's expansion when the expansion was in motion prior to the beginning of the entire conference and further from all reports coming in from his TiT unit and 5th Special Forces group inside of Argentina, none of the locals seemed to mind, quite the contrary, they all seemed rather enthusiastic about the change.

That being considered, De Juagari wasn't likely going to accept any further expansions from Argentina or anyone else without a internationally supervised election beforehand. With a bit of consideration he says, "Perhaps there is another option for who can run the South American Organization. I'd like to nominate my Chief of Staff Montessori at this time. He's a veteran of the Santiago Police Department, A Holy American Empire Military Intelligence Officer, and holder of two advanced degrees. One in international relations and the other in business management along with his military intelligence and police training, making him a viable candidate for the job. With this in mind I withdrawal my support for Silvio at this time and nominate Montessori."

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I think it goes without saying that nothing decided by this conference or by the organisation borne of it is worth much if it does not have the popular approval of its constituents," Isabel remarked, as a general comment, and perhaps partially in responce to Otero-- though that was more particularly covered by her next statement. "That applies also to any expansion by any established nation, if that's what you're commenting on. These are not principles, I think, we need to worry about, as I think most of us here not only abide by those principles but recognise that it simply stands to reason that, in these kinds of discussions and decisions, the voice of the people of the territory in question deserves to speak with the greatest authority."

At the mention of Montessori's HAE service, Isabel had to resist the urge to ask whether he'd been a loyalist during the Civil War. It wasn't an inquiry she felt would go down well in this context, however, so she merely remarked, "In light of Montessori's evident qualifications, I'm compelled to voice approval instead for him. I'll be sure to have a more in-depth look into these individual's qualifications and history when I have the opportunity."

"I see we have a majority in favor of Montessori. I will notify him of his change of employment status and authorize the Chilean Corp of Engineers to begin immediate construction of a multinational data center for the compiling and distribution of all reports and inventory requests made within the South America Organization," De Juagari said as he pondered the best location for such a place. 

Part of the funds provided by the Chilean government is authorized for the contracting of a central server to collect and organize all the reports and requests made through the local police and civil services organizations that the South American Organization would eventually embrace. The rest are used by Montessori for hiring a staff and buying vehicles which mostly are purchased off the open market. Montessori begins his work in Santiago for the time being and a website is set up at www.southamericanorganization.gov for the purposes of transparency and recruiting local staff. For the time being Montessori finds himself content utilizing the data flow coming from the Chilean Forces already in the South American Protectorate, but hopes to drastically downsize those forces as soon as possible to lend an air of credibility and independence to the organization.

The shared server comes online and access is given to all the South American governments who are participating in the South American Organization. The reports showing the police functions and civil services begin to flow into the system. The reports very clearly list military overflights from Chilean Army that are being used to resupply Chilean Army troops in the protectorate. These reports also show those same troops being rotated out district by district and returned to Chile as police and civil authorities begin to assume control of their own territories. 

"Passports for the South American Organization zone will be issued to those requiring them for travel. Birth certificates and other documents will be required before a passport is issued." 

The recent growth of new nations in South America has resulted in the final pull out of all Chilean troops as the police and civil services departments of the South American Organization ramp up to full capacity. 

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

"I certainly hope you mean donate their time, but yes it would be most welcome. We are in the process of finishing the creating of a volunteer organization much like the old Norte Americano Peace Corp but more geared for professionals. Funding and volunteers would be most welcome."

- Montessori

"The Chilean Government has been watching the growth of the South American Organization with a great deal of pride in its good work. It is a young organization, but it is living up to the tasks assigned to it. However, it is clear that for the SAO to fully serve the needs of those within the South American Organization Protectorate there has to be a visible and constant source of support for the education of proffesionals. The sort of training that produces doctors, teachers, and other skilled persons. With this in mind the Chilean government has authorized the funding of the South American University. The SAU will be free to all who can pass the enterance exam and for those who can't there will series of regional one year prepatory schools established to help them prepare for the exam. The Chilean Government has authorized a 1 percent luxury tax on liquor, cigarettes, and candy to pay for Chile's share of the costs for this University and the prepatory schools. Further, the fees for students from the South American Protectorate in Chilean Universities are hereby reduced by 75 percent of the normal International Student fee.

The offer of the Zulian government exemplifies the spirit of young vibrant nations in South America standing up to do their part for their brothers. We applaud the Zulians and invite those teachers and doctors to Santiago for a four week professional training at the government of Chile's expense prior to their departure to conduct their work in the protectorate."

The South American United Charity Front, in addition to its current projects within the South American Protectorate, offers free transportation for all students, staff, and faculty from within the Protectorate to this new University. It also would like to note that while it's projects have been mainly focused on feeding the homeless and less fortunate, and providing volunteer medical workers and the like, that it can call for a new drive for teachers from Argentina if needed.

The Federal Republic of Peru has acted to secure the land corridor from the Panama border into South America and the coastal areas as we see these to be a strategic weakness. We apologise that we did not consult the SAO before moving but we felt that due to current situations, the area was seen as an potential open flank. We have recently transferred Bolivia to Chilean control as per their people's rights to choose what path they seek. We will keep an open dialogue and will inform the organisation of what we plan to do.

Ooc:  you moved faster than I anticipated...lol. 

IC: "Chile is somewhat surprised by all of this but I think together we can work to resolve all of this in a civilised manner. I remind you all, we are not Norte Americanos, there is some expectation of civility between us. Let us speak with great passion from the heart for the people of the former Colombia region yet with great respect for the sensibilities of each other regarding this manner."