Request to the admin

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoops. Late night mathematical gaffe. Me make gaffe.  :facepalm:

Just give everyone 50 million dollars from the start. It'd be fun to watch things build up so quickly only to watch it fall down. Get rid of all this regulation on spying too. Let the worst player in the game attempt to spy the best player and vice versa. With more money and ish we should be able to buy H bombs too. Me want to make bigger boom. The H bomb wonder can be the mythical CNT wonder that we have been talking about.  Once again though, NO ENVIRONMENTAL burden. 

The most necessary change for TE is how the prizes are awarded. awarding prizes for highest NS goes against everything TE is suppose to be about. it encourages all the ills that currently plague TE.  uneven wars, war dodging, constant bickering on these boards. frankly its what drives so many people away.

change the system to reward the most successful fighters / honorable fighters / constant fighters.....some of type of formula that takes all this into account. might not get this formula right the 1st time, but thats what TE is for, to try new stuff out. just doesn't make sense to me that a nation's final NS is what is used to measure its success.

I've been saying this for rounds. We award individuals but this is a game all about alliances. The score should be recalculated and something should be awarded to the top alliance based on some of the things you said. Also, I would recommend narrowing the war dec range, especially on the lower end.

Whoops. Late night mathematical gaffe. Me make gaffe.  :facepalm:

Just give everyone 50 million dollars from the start. It'd be fun to watch things build up so quickly only to watch it fall down. Get rid of all this regulation on spying too. Let the worst player in the game attempt to spy the best player and vice versa. With more money and ish we should be able to buy H bombs too. Me want to make bigger boom. The H bomb wonder can be the mythical CNT wonder that we have been talking about.  Once again though, NO ENVIRONMENTAL burden. 

I'm not sure about 50 mil, but extra money would be cool. When Almighty Admin granted us extra startup cash from our original amount, it revolutionized TE and things took off for the better in both fighting and building.

I also love a potential H bomb. I always felt that we should have all WMD available to us one way or another. I think it would change war and would be exciting lol.  

I'm just spit balling but...

H Bomb

• You can only get it through a wonder (more expensive than MP) 
  • You can only buy one every 7-10 days
  • Costs 1 mil per bomb
  • Significantly increased economic and physical damage

Chemical weapons

• Able to use against attacking or defending forces
  • Reduces soldier efficiency 
  • Population happiness decrease 

Biological weapons (This should probably be a very hard weapon to attain as well)

• Effectiveness increases significantly with tech level
  • Able to use against attacking or defending forces/civilian population
  • Severe population happiness decrease 
  • Minor (1%) to severe (50%) soldier/population reduction (which would last like nuclear anarchy)

I think all of these weapons could be made available through a revamped WRC. Biological weapons and H bombs could have the potential to kill and maim--maybe for the first time, a single weapon could destroy an unlucky nation's power to wage war. It would be awesome.

I believe we should leave the current system as it is. There has always been flag runners and at the end part of my fun, and I am sure many others, is hunting them down and raining on their parade. Flag runners donate a lot of money and I am quite sure the admin is hesitant to turn off that flow, so for simplicity and the Admin's pockets leave it alone. I believe more interest needs to be garnered in both TE and SE ranks to keep the game more fun and more donations for the Admin.

I think adding banners that TE AAs and people could add to their SE AA page may help some. Their are many people in SE that feel the game is stagnant and boring, their are also many that would try for these things as a matter of prestige and we may very well see SE AAs coming into TE to win such banners. These banners would be team oriented and would require some refinement as to how they would be awarded but with the new battle tracker stats I don't think that it would be too difficult to award an AA for battle damage dished out, highest ave peak strength, and/or most wars fought ( or insert any of your favorites).

Just my thoughts on the subject and I know this thread is not for ideas but a question to the Admin but I saw others and figured I'd bounce mine out there. I think this is a simple approach and awards team play while not totally breaking what has worked so far. What people need is motivation once a few TE and SE AAs start getting some banners added to their AA page or flag (whatever is easiest) you will see others wanting them. One problem I haven't worked out is how to award banners to SE AAs from among TE winners especially in mixed AAs. OP has people from all over and I don't KingJames or a few others even play SE. My initial idea is that to be awarded a SE AA must have a set number of TE people submit the banner, I.E. OP wins highest peak strength and has 25 members 8 from SE AA A, 7 from SE AA B and 10 from SE AA C and say the number is set at 10 then only SE AA C would be able to get the banner uploaded from its 10 members and OP would get it in TE.

Instead of wishing for our individual "wish lists", I think that we all need to focus on the "prize"......

At least one more round of TE.  :P

Instead of wishing for our individual "wish lists", I think that we all need to focus on the "prize"......

At least one more round of TE.  :P

How about at least 5 more rounds of TE :P

We want BOOM, when do we want it? Now! :L

is TE not usually the breeding ground for new ideas which may further be used on SE? I think admin should just go ahead and try some new stuff out :P

I think the prices of stuff should drop and a bigger start up budget.... Rogues on TE? Where? Lolz... Rogues here are just normal nations.

I would love for there to be a cap on the amount of warchest funds that a nation can have on hand? It would certainly make things even on all levels?

I would love for there to be a cap on the amount of warchest funds that a nation can have on hand? It would certainly make things even on all levels?

Bad idea, you shouldn't penalize people that have perfected building in TE. Even though I don't like the RE guys with 150mil warchests, but that is their decision, it makes the end of the round fun just that much better. 

Bad idea, you shouldn't penalize people that have perfected building in TE. Even though I don't like the RE guys with 150mil warchests, but that is their decision, it makes the end of the round fun just that much better. 

Wait, there are 150 mil warchests out there? Can someone loan me some cash..my nation has a AAA rating lol. On a serious note though, I completely agree that there should be no cap. I think you can even things out by narrowing the lower end of the war dec range. Force nations to fight against almost equal NS or punch up.

Wait, there are 150 mil warchests out there? Can someone loan me some cash..my nation has a AAA rating lol. On a serious note though, I completely agree that there should be no cap. I think you can even things out by narrowing the lower end of the war dec range. Force nations to fight against almost equal NS or punch up.

I heard that someone spy oped the RE guys, they had 100-150mil a few days ago. Maybe just a rumor, but RE has fought 2 wars this round, and have had a month to build since their last war <.<

150 mil warchests? :O thats insane! I am lucky to pass 100 mil of total collections haha.... But yeah i agree with dropping the declaration range a bit. Its a pain in the ass when someone with double the infra decides to open up on you lol... Even better, when there is 3 of them

I say add a moral element.  Possibly introduce the option to possess a chemical weapon arsenal.  You'd not destroy infra but devastate the population and the ability for the people to live in a certain area  (a percentage of total land area unusable for 10 days or so).  Make it attachable to the CM's too.  It would allow people the choice of a ruthless dictator or regional menace. 

Of course it would have to have some downsides:

1. loss of trades (only secret trades would be allowed for 30 days after the first launch or conclusion of the war);
  2. population happiness drops in half immediately (on top of any reprisals)

It can be either, both or none (since this is tournament, most people wouldn't want to have an economic downside but if it is implemented in SE, this would be a good thing that allows the smaller nations to have a bigger impact on the game.)

I'm so far past the little guy side of things that some of the players may disagree with my thoughts.

oo/

Edited by deathcat

The downsides and damage are a bit extreme.... Rounds only last 90 days, so if you get hit with a chem 3 times, thats 1/3 of your time completely wasted.... And no one would ever buy them due to the economic side of things?

B-)

Yeah; TE is a way "cherished" Option for CN Gamers!  A real "Training Camp" for most of us, and an Action packed "Adventure-land" of sorts...!   CN-TE is needed!

Possibly some of the current programmed actions here can be changed for new ones that will add more fire and "brimstone" to the whole experience... The "H" bomb and the "Neutron" Bomb,for example; the possibility of adding a"Paralizing" effect on the Battle field, at least once per couple days of battle; some what better graphics!? Eliminating the less used or favored actions could no doubts allow for enhancements ...!  

But,by all means, please give us some more TE rounds...!   :nuke: :excl: :war: :( :D

I think spy operations should be expanded to include "steal nuclear weapon" and "terrorist nuclear attack" but that's just me.  Imagine the chaos, some nobody who managed to get a lot of spies steals a top player's nuke and then uses it on them with no war declared, and NO ONE has any idea...

If we're going for chaos here, that's the way to do it.

I think spy operations should be expanded to include "steal nuclear weapon" and "terrorist nuclear attack" but that's just me.  Imagine the chaos, some nobody who managed to get a lot of spies steals a top player's nuke and then uses it on them with no war declared, and NO ONE has any idea...

If we're going for chaos here, that's the way to do it.

Agreed, setting off nukes in Nuclear Silo, it'll make people think twice about buying nukes :D

I'm in the camp where prizes should be awarded for casualties or some other war related stat in addition to the top builders. That way you wouldn't get penalized for warring.

Maybe a system based on damage dealt during wars versus damage received based on strength loss could be factored in.  So if Nation A fights Nation B, points are awarded based on whichever nation thrashes the other one harder, scaled to the difference between total strength losses.  Suddenly, declaring war becomes fun again, and the raiding targets find themselves higher in the rankings, balancing things a bit between the micros/rogues and the established alliances.

I am going to have to sadly assume from the lack of any kind of response from admin here in this thread that this will indeed be the last round. Especially considering how long this thread has been going on.

Any chance you could let us know either way admin?

Only ask so that those of us recruiting can stop now so we don't look like too much of an idiot for recruiting for a game that is no longer going to exist.

Thanks in advance,

DD

I am going to have to sadly assume from the lack of any kind of response from admin here in this thread that this will indeed be the last round. Especially considering how long this thread has been going on.

Any chance you could let us know either way admin?

Only ask so that those of us recruiting can stop now so we don't look like too much of an idiot for recruiting for a game that is no longer going to exist.

Thanks in advance,

DD

If TE is truly at deaths door...   I will be quitting Cybernations all together...  I've enjoyed playing it for six years now..  but there is nothing of interest left for older nations such as my own...  TE gave me a reason to keep playing.  I've made a lot of friends in CN over the years.  While I hope it continues....  I do appreciate all that admin has done over the years..

If TE is truly at deaths door...   I will be quitting Cybernations all together...  I've enjoyed playing it for six years now..  but there is nothing of interest left for older nations such as my own...  TE gave me a reason to keep playing.  I've made a lot of friends in CN over the years.  While I hope it continues....  I do appreciate all that admin has done over the years..

I think i will follow you on that one... Made some good friends on both SE and TE, but SE is getting boring, collecting taxes and building a warchest until a war kicks off and then the same routine afterwards.

With TE we get to try new tactics every round and its more fun! But the community for TE has dropped a lot! I remember back in the early days when the community was as good as the SE community!

At least if its an issue with numbers... Then why not just cut out the awards for winning? And just let those that enjoy the game play for the sake of playing? Most of us dont even care about prizes.... I have been here since the first round and tbh if i even bothered with winning i would have tried a long time ago :P