Request to the admin

Could you please let us know ASAP whether this round is really the last one or TE continues?

If you are making your decision on members' numbers only, it's pretty obvious by now, which direction is it going.

Knowing in advance is always helpful.

Thank you

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally i think it should last a few more rounds at least! Its more fun than SE and well... Tournament suggests its the best of the best? And it really is the best of the best, everyone fights and fights good!

I see games nowadays with hardly anyone playing, but it still continues for the few remaining people that enjoy playing :)

Dont take our fun amin :(

750 people isn't actually that small a game, and rule changes tend to increase the player count. Keep TE new and fresh by altering game mechanics, including starting position, round length, nuke damage, etc. 

...... and rule changes tend to increase the player count. Keep TE new and fresh by altering game mechanics, including starting position, round length, nuke damage, etc. 

I know this is the wrong place for this, but I'm too tired and lazy to go find the suggestion thread.  I've always thought the alliance rankings should have more to do with actual strength and not just the number of nations in that alliance.  For example, everyone knows an alliance with an average NS of 10,000 and 40 members is superior to an alliance of 45 members with an average strength of 7,500.

Lowered nuke damage for a round (or no damage, just killing stuff) actually sounds like it'd be fun. Additional wonder unlocks/rewards in SE would be cool, too. (Admin should really just read the thread.)

I know I would have 10 -20 more people if they werent involved with all the SE stuff.. numbers for the round might even go further up. TE needs to stay

Perhaps if people weren't complete tools all the time and raiding every single new player nation on minute one of every round to the point that only the same 650 people are alive after 6 days we wouldn't have this problem.

Perhaps if instead of curb stomps we had actual fun wars and encouraged a sense of challenge instead of horrible collusion/cheating/lopsided garbage we wouldn't have this problem.

Frankly the in game attitudes of most of the players I've faced in TE is downright despicable and not encouraging in the least to play another round. But it's apparently much easier to hide behind your "u mad bro?" and continue to wedge people out by nuking them to oblivion on day 20.

It's not so much that the rules need to be adjusted to make things more fun, it's an attitude shift and an improvement to the atmosphere of TE in general.

Perhaps if people weren't complete tools all the time and raiding every single new player nation on minute one of every round to the point that only the same 650 people are alive after 6 days we wouldn't have this problem.

Perhaps if instead of curb stomps we had actual fun wars and encouraged a sense of challenge instead of horrible collusion/cheating/lopsided garbage we wouldn't have this problem.

Frankly the in game attitudes of most of the players I've faced in TE is downright despicable and not encouraging in the least to play another round. But it's apparently much easier to hide behind your "u mad bro?" and continue to wedge people out by nuking them to oblivion on day 20.

It's not so much that the rules need to be adjusted to make things more fun, it's an attitude shift and an improvement to the atmosphere of TE in general.

It's a tournament, if you can dominate then by all means go ahead! Wars are wars.... Downdeclare, updeclare, who really cares? We are all here for a good scuffle and well.... Thats what we get!

If new nations wish to participate more, then they should maybe start looking at the recruitment messages they are sent. If not, then they should be raided.... Why let the tech go to waste?

I'm a fair player, if im coming down to hard on a nation all they have to do is simply just send a peace offer or if its an alliance war, they should seek peace! I enjoy helping new players aswel.... But if they dont want to learn, then i will gladly take their tech :)

I would have gave my time to post and put some effort in thinking more of how to improve this game ( I think i did gave couple of suggestions though )  . But our dear Admin isn't interfering with us , and no one is listening . 

Yeah Wasso.... I'm sure we could all come up with som ideas to improve things. But we cannot really make things happen, most ideas would be personal ones that each person thinks would help the game when really its just to benefit their strategy :/ and the problem with getting everyone from SE onboard would be politics getting dragged across both games.

The current state of TE is full of apathy, Look at the raiding of new of new players, and constant down declares. There is indeed a TE element that acts elitist, I may fall into that cetegory (i apologize), but many of the long standing AAs tend to Be more selective in the members they accept and the ones that aren't selective get rolled by the former. The cycle continues round after round and the suggestions continue on how to fix things. We appeal to the admin to change things but we, the players, continue the normative behaviors which punish new players and AAs.

My only suggestion is, if we do have another round or more, then i think all alliances must agree on some sort of peace agreement for the first 30 days! That way there is no complaining about downdeclares etc

30 days gives everyone more than enough time to prepare for wars.....

My only suggestion is, if we do have another round or more, then i think all alliances must agree on some sort of peace agreement for the first 30 days! That way there is no complaining about downdeclares etc

30 days gives everyone more than enough time to prepare for wars.....

No, 30 days isn't plausible lol

I've made a suggestion for all alliances (at least big/medium) to agree on not raiding Nones and smaller alliances - it was a while ago. As you can see, nothing has changed and most TE participants just can't be bothered.

Without significant changes we shouldn't expect any meaningful movements neither in TE culture nor in numbers, imho

Would be a lot easier to just close the gap on which nations you can attack. Make it so it is about 10% down and 50% up.

That should make a change in how many raids are going to happen as it would not make raids even worth doing. (though personally I have never thought they were worth the time or the effort for the little bit  you gain from them)

Do agree with what Chess Tyrant said about making the prizes here in TE "special" wonders (or something along those lines) in SE. There are quite a few things that could be the prizes for the top 10 nations. Just make them prizes that are not overpowered but still nice enough that they would make SE members want to try and win them.

For example:

Level 10 aircraft.

+ 5% could be added to other wonders such as the Pentagon,CIA or SDI just to name a few.

Could fire off a couple more cruise missiles a day or better yet one extra ground attack a day. (that would be a pretty sweet prize to win)

Changing how you win the prizes to something like 5 for the highest NS nation and 5 for those with the most casualties.(and again something along those lines)

You know how they are there in SE admin and you can sure as hell bet about any amount of money that once a couple people from SE get those wonders or other "perks" then everybody in SE is going to "have" to have some.

People from SE would be the easiest to get to start playing TE as they must like the game since they are already playing a game pretty much the same as TE.

Not really worried to much about TE becoming just like SE as all of us here playing round after round could crush just about any size alliance put together from new SE players. Not trying to sound cocky about that or anything but rather just plain confident as we have one large advantage on our side and that is knowledge.

I really don't want to see TE shut down admin and will help in any way I can to help make the game more profitable for you.

Will even start doing some major recruitment over in SE to get new people to play if that will help.

Would say I could help you change the code here for new changes. (that is if I just knew how)  :huh:

I say a limmit on down declare to be 15% and unlimmited % on up declare this will force nations to sand bag a bit to get that down declare going which will in turn cost them money when they expand beyond beleif..  3 day free zone for just starting nations for no wars unless they declare on a older than 3 day nation. 

I agree with the declaring gap.

And raiding is beneficial, if you are taking 12 tech and whatever land on top of 600k.... It makes a huge difference ;)

but as i said, if no raiding helps the numbers then im all ears :)

Edited by EddyH

Since this seems to be an OOC thread, here' to hoping I'm safe to post here.

I like the idea of the special wonder in SE.  That might build up interest and activity in both TE and SE.  As for the comment that we who play TE regularly will have an big advantage, that would only be so if we came together.  Are you suggesting a massive alliance or pacts between regular TE players?  ;)

Also, if there's another round, how about getting rid of the 5% rule for nukes?  Make it so that nukes can only be had with MP.

I disagree with the nukes part :/

I think nukes should be made easier to get a hold of, maybe increase the 5% to 10%?

And increase whats needed to have the nukes? 200 tech, 500 infra before nukes can be purchased?

The only way i see it is give an award to SE players who play TE and lets say get in the top 100 so that will get a lot of SE players to play TE. Top 10 players will of course get better awards like Chess said a new wonder award and the rest of the top 100 could get 500 tech or some like that.

Give almost everyone who takes part and shows a decent level of activity something like tech in SE and you will see significantly more interest.  There would have to be some sort of acceptable activity quota for this to work or you would simply get people parking a nation and looking at it once every 3 weeks to collect.

Activity could perhaps be judged by a combination of bill paying and collecting regularly as well as levels of attacking and defending casualties.  Which incidentally if the attacking casualties could somehow be linked to a required activity level might go some way to discouraging the persistent turtlers.  If finishing inside the top 50% got everyone some sort of attractive SE benefit there would cerainly be more participants. 

Say a few hundred tech or something for the top 5% then less for those over 5% up to 10% and gradually less for a top 20% finish decreasing each 10% up to 50%

But as I mentioned there would have to be some sort of activity measurement to qualify.  I don't want people just sticking a nation in and never playing.

I don't want to be the party pooper, but this thread was about asking Admin to clarify if this is or is not going to be the end.

Not to repeat suggestions that have been posted in the proper place in the past. (Not saying the suggestions are either good or bad).

Let's get back to the original reason for this thread.....

Kevin, is this the end or not?