This is something I do need to address as it isn't limited to just your alliance, nor your coalition

...when an alliance is fighting multiple other alliances, do realize that your alliance is not responsible for 100% of said damage done to the other. Unless miraculously you can somehow have GATO declare and receive every single war in the upper tier, you guys aren't responsible for an entire alliance not having an upper tier. In the very least say "when our upper tier nations finally did swag their way into the war, they joined with our allies/coalition mates to decimate ____'s nations".

100% ....no not exactly but for the last month and a half we have far and away been the primary people engaging those two with some great help from HB and Hooligans after a time. Some of RnR's up top damage was due to MK in the first week or so and it softened them up nicely enough. When we did take over on RnR they still had 18 nations above 80k. It didn't last long once we and our pals got into them. At one point they were down to 0 but they've been adamant about rebuying infra.Don't recall what they had over 60k but as you can see what isn't in peace mode has essentially been erased from the tier  Legion we had from the get go and they never stood a chance even between 60k and 80k.  

Good for you on giving up on the whole they must have just been defying orders talk when you heard the real numbers and story. 

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100% ....no not exactly but for the last month and a half we have far and away been the primary people engaging those two with some great help from HB and Hooligans after a time. Some of RnR's up top damage was due to MK in the first week or so and it softened them up nicely enough. When we did take over on RnR they still had 18 nations above 80k. It didn't last long once we and our pals got into them. At one point they were down to 0 but they've been adamant about rebuying infra.Don't recall what they had over 60k but as you can see what isn't in peace mode has essentially been erased from the tier  Legion we had from the get go and they never stood a chance even between 60k and 80k.  

Good for you on giving up on the whole they must have just been defying orders talk when you heard the real numbers and story. 

Honestly, I didnt even bother to reply to it as the other part is what annoyed me about the post. I picked 40 nations out of my ass because I remembered that GATO had over 100 sitting in PM. I was trying to give a relatively low number while still not allowing it to be too high either and try to give some sort of benefit of the doubt.

As for the story, plausible for a handful, but again, yoy can't honestly say that you expect us to believe that everyone was having issues. If my members knew that they had orders to carry out their duties in advance, they should notify of any issues immediately. Simple as that. As the screeny indicated, they didn't even give you that much. They pretty much just ignored it. (Also I'm giving benefit of the doubt that messages were sent to nations and not just a forum thread post)

Honestly, I didnt even bother to reply to it as the other part is what annoyed me about the post. I picked 40 nations out of my ass because I remembered that GATO had over 100 sitting in PM. I was trying to give a relatively low number while still not allowing it to be too high either and try to give some sort of benefit of the doubt.

As for the story, plausible for a handful, but again, yoy can't honestly say that you expect us to believe that everyone was having issues. If my members knew that they had orders to carry out their duties in advance, they should notify of any issues immediately. Simple as that. As the screeny indicated, they didn't even give you that much. They pretty much just ignored it. (Also I'm giving benefit of the doubt that messages were sent to nations and not just a forum thread post)

Maybe we should honestly just open up our forums to everyone. See for yourself. It's like a desert in there.

It was actually close to 40 we had over 80k at the start. Perhaps an EQ alliance made an early target list for GATO and knows an exact figure. That only 5 remain in peacemode is pretty decent. Especially for GATO. How many alliances got 100% participation? They didn't refuse orders...they were just late in execution and that was what got me riled up. AFAIK the 5 in peace still haven't checked in or anything else. Those guys aren't at all active on the forums or IRC. I doubt they even know what the war is about. So their non-participation has nothing to do with refusing orders on moral grounds like some would make it out. as for the 80k-100k Nations The angry forum post is actually addressing, I think we only had a handful 10 maybe that started out in the range most of our nations were over 100k (over 20 iirc) Somebody over there has the numbers. I think out of the 10-15 80k-100k guys I got initially like 5-6 to come out on the day I asked so yeah I was pissed. Some came with excuses after my angry forum post and messages to their nation. Some didn't even read my exit message until days later, etc. The usual hang ups. In the end 5 out of 40 never came out. Not bad. The day GATO gets 100% instead of 87% I will retire and delete. I would have seen it all. 

Edited by magicninja

I think it was clear well before this war started that the average man on the street in GATO was going to have a hard time getting excited about the prospect of burning for Doomhouse. Nothing unexpected there. GATO gov had few cards up their sleeve really... they either had to break from their bloc's stance which politically is very hard or push their members into a situation they simply didn't want to be in.

I think it was clear well before this war started that the average man on the street in GATO was going to have a hard time getting excited about the prospect of burning for Doomhouse. Nothing unexpected there. GATO gov had few cards up their sleeve really... they either had to break from their bloc's stance which politically is very hard or push their members into a situation they simply didn't want to be in.

True enough. GATO's membership has no great love for DH and will likely have a little less after this whole thing really shakes out. That makes the fact that only 5 abstained (inside joke) even all the more impressive. Schatt is selling a wolf ticket. He's trying to say "Lol! look at all those GATO nations that didn't fight because they hate DH!" Yes all 5 of them Schatt. In reality its "Look at all of those GATO nations who fought despite a distaste for DH!". All but 5 (even if some came out later than I asked)......not bad. So, when viewed objectively, and without bias and hope of sweet propaganda, GATO actually comes out looking far better than I think Schatt intended. Of course, detractors will try to spin it one way or another. The numbers simply do not lie in this case. 

Poor form IMO, GATO found itself in a tough situation with allies on all sides. They chose to support CnG and get beatdown when they had an easy way out of this war should they have taken it.

Chin up GATO, some people know what you guys just went through for your allies and slander like this post won't change anything.

o/ GATO

Magic is wasted at GATO and should come over to the other side.

The general membership of GATO dont deserve to exist and should all bugger off to a pacifist alliance.

Every alliance holding a treaty with GATO should react accordingly C&G should at least boot them into the ditch

Article II

We pledge mutual defense AND aggression in times of conflict, doing
so with the utmost trust in each other's motives and reasoning. We live
as one, and fight as one.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Edited by Alterego

Magic is wasted at GATO and should come over to the other side.

The general membership of GATO dont deserve to exist and should all bugger off to a pacifist alliance.

Every alliance holding a treaty with GATO should react accordingly C&G should at least boot them into the ditch

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Yeaaaah, nice try.

Poor form IMO, GATO found itself in a tough situation with allies on all sides. They chose to support CnG and get beatdown when they had an easy way out of this war should they have taken it.

Chin up GATO, some people know what you guys just went through for your allies and slander like this post won't change anything.

o/ GATO

GATO is one of the alliances on the "Competence" coalition that suffered less. Just sayin'. I think they experienced a 20% NS loss, maybe less.

o/ GATO

Beatdown? Get beatdown? GATO?

GATO chose to publicly and politically support C&G without commiting on the ground. That was the easy way out, to support their bloc without actually suffering many losses while also protecting allies on the other side by cock-blocking counters. And I'm not entirely sure what they 'just went through' for their allies. Not a great deal whatever it was.

Ermahgerd, I don't know why a lot of you seem intent on making entirely inaccurate statements. Is credibility is overrated? Is it easy to BS-yourselves?  This post probably won't do much for most of you who prefer to concoct fluff pieces (Shattenman). 

This looks more like membership just refusing orders than activity issues.

Join GATO and take a look for yourself?

1. There has been no refusal of orders at all on the grounds of disagreeing. None at all. 

2. MoD/AC collects 69 and 90% of the votes respectively in their positions (although, barely anyone bothered to actually go up against them, they were rather unanimous choices knowing that war was coming). The membership is arguably more satisfied with the government now than last election.

3. GATOans don't dissent in war, even those who have voiced their contrasting opinions in past wars have still fought in those past wars. (It's actually hard to find opinions of people who strongly or moderately disagree with this war, most are excited for war, some are cautious, others don't really care.)

4. Those who don't follow orders get sent to the High Court. As a high court justice, I have seen no cases put forward by the government. Nobody could be prosecuted because, as stated above, nobody has refused orders or been disobedient.

5. Every MoD makes a variation of that post every war. No matter how well or how badly we are going, we get that type of message. It's all about rousing up the activity. 

I will say this though, GATO is very united in enjoying what appears to be getting under Shatt's skin!

And trying to pin the problem on sheer inactivity? You're kidding right?

GATOans aren't exactly hard core gamers. A lot of the big oldies go inactive for months at a time. How did you go from 5 (the real number who didn't go out of PM when they probably should have) to 40? The entirety of those who did not come out was because of inactivity or military advice by the MoD. As magic has stated, most people who should have been out of PM, were actually out of PM!

Edited by Frederico Rodriguez