I have a question about EQ

Atmosfear

I don't think anyone on "this side" is claiming to have morals or anything- that'd be contradictory to years of diplomatic actions, treaties, war, etc.

The concern, instead, lies with the idea some people on the "eQ side" have of a moral prerogative to be attacking Competence alliances. Its a silly concept because it flies in the face of logic as well as your actions this war. Morality is dead in CN, and has been so for years- to claim otherwise is insulting to the intelligence of everyone here.

Speaking only personally, I can say that there is definitely a non-political aspect to my motivation to fight this war that you might call "moral." It basically comes down to the fundamental lack of OOC respect that certain parties bring to the table in this game. This is way worse in a way than what NPO had going on back in the day. There was a much clearer RP dimension during the Continuum era. DH (particularly GOONS and MK), as well as NG, on the other hand, approach the game from such a juvenile and lulzy angle that everything is reduced to the level of high school social conflict.

So even though I don't think an NPO-DR hegemony will be "better" in an IC sense, it is very satisfying to see the people who want to "ruin the game" from an OOC standpoint lose their ability to do so.

Edited by Prodigal Moon

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DH-NPO- completely unwarranted

Dave War- completely unwarranted

and that is just 2 of the wars fought by your side. I could go into others but let's face it, ever since Karma, most of the wars fought have been completely unwarranted (particularly if you state this war as being completely unwarranted).

So, for the love of all that is holy, unholy, and admin shut up. I am tired of y'all trying to take the "moral" high road because, despite being absolutely amusing, adorable, and delusional, it is now getting quite annoying. DH itself cannot claim any sort of moral high ground considering the CB's used by y'all to hit and roll alliance.

Y'all just need to suck it up and have fun, like y'all saying you are having.

DH-NPO was actually warranted. It was a cutoff of the strategy of "wait until we have a large amount of NS on our side [i]then[/i] let Pacifica come in because it'll give us a better chance"

DH-NPO was actually warranted. It was a cutoff of the strategy of "wait until we have a large amount of NS on our side then let Pacifica come in because it'll give us a better chance"

Careful there, that makes you look power hungry and opportunistic. Two accusations that are putting your coalition in the shitter right now.

Least we not forget, quite a few alliances got fucked in the ass so DH could do that. At the very least, that whole war was pretty stupid.

I
could ask why people like you specifically, continue to rail against
what I write, while nobody in relevant leadership does. There is a
reason for that. You can sit there and pretend like I speak from a
position of somebody not in the know, that is fine. The unfortunate
thing for you is that ignorance being bliss to people like you is
transparent and the vast , and I mean vast majority of people know that I
speak truth. Truth is uncomfortable for a great many people.

I don't have you on ignore, but I definitely make an effort to skip over your posts, even more than crymson I think.

Edited by Enamel32

Careful there, that makes you look power hungry and opportunistic. Two accusations that are putting your coalition in the shitter right now.

I don't think you understand how this game works. We didn't even mask what we were doing, Roq outright stated it quite a few times. Your coalition is the one operating on some sort of honor code that doesn't exist.

DH-NPO was actually warranted. It was a cutoff of the strategy of "wait until we have a large amount of NS on our side then let Pacifica come in because it'll give us a better chance"

So then you absolutely agree with the fact that this war was warranted for very similar reasons. Glad we could clear that up.

So then you absolutely agree with the fact that this war was warranted for very similar reasons. Glad we could clear that up.

This war is a charade, though. We were employing a war-time strategy that directly affected the outcome of an ongoing war. You baselessly hit somebody because you decided they were your enemy.

So, for Omniscient1, to use somebody you have to be stronger than them. Thank God I'm not Omniscient1, for that would require a lack of comprehension.

How did you get that out of "Roquentinsykes posts are bullshit"? It appears you have the comprehension problems.

@Rush: It was my understanding that your side and especially you; had represented DR and NPO as people with "no problems" with DH. You pretended all war talk was SF fanning the flames of imaginary problems in an attempt to " eat at the big table". Now one could argue who exercises power on who in such a situation; however it's pointless. Your stories are ever changing pure delusions. Since my post was mocking your fantasies, you'll have to forgive me if I did not dive into your hermeneutics to understand precisely what bullshit you were attempting to spoon feed us.

I don't think you understand how this game works. We didn't even mask what we were doing, Roq outright stated it quite a few times. Your coalition is the one operating on some sort of honor code that doesn't exist.

You don't wonder why you're getting rolled at night, do you?

Edited by Enamel32

I could ask why people like you specifically, continue to rail against what I write, while nobody in relevant leadership does. There is a reason for that.. 

Probably because they have better things to do than refute lunatics. With the exception of Brehon, who I never understand why he does, no "relevant leader" comes out in the middle if the owf to refute every criticism leveled against them.

Probably because they have better things to do than refute lunatics. With the exception of Brehon, who I never understand why he does, no "relevant leader" comes out in the middle if the owf to refute every criticism leveled against them.

Omni gets it.

How did you get that out of "Roquentinsykes posts are bullshit"? It appears you have the comprehension problems.

@Rush: It was my understanding that your side and especially you; had represented DR and NPO as people with "no problems" with DH. You pretended all war talk was SF fanning the flames of imaginary problems in an attempt to " eat at the big table". Now one could argue who exercises power on who in such a situation; however it's pointless. Your stories are ever changing pure delusions. Since my post was mocking your fantasies, you'll have to forgive me if I did not dive into your hermeneutics to understand precisely what bullshit you were attempting to spoon feed us.

I really do not know who or what you are babbling about but let me present you with some facts.

You see, I have allies in the other coalition. And my friends in NPO and our government and myself in TLR had a zillion conversations over the last 9 months as to what the next war would likely look like, who would likely start it what would happen in each possibility of who started it. We were also both keenly aware of the taunting from Umb to AI and AI to Umb, and were uncannily honest with one another that we knew it wouldnt take much of a CB to get things kicked off. For you to think we did not share this honesty with our allies in our present coalition is absurd. Everyone in the know knew almost exactly what and how this would go down. The only thing left to chance was the why. If you want to take 3 or 4 posts from people not in the know as representative of what those of us at and close to the top knew was factually accurate, or if you want to take assigned propaganda(for either side) and use it as a platform for you opinions in this thread, then let me point you to a quote from this thread that rings ridiculously true(it is just too bad the guy who posted it does not practice what he preaches)....

"You guys know this is OOC right? You can drop the propaganda."

Or it could be that there is nothing to refute because everything I speak is the truth. I am going to go with this. 

Also in regards to Enamel32... for someone who claims to skip over my posts and not read them, he is certainly obsessed with replying to them. His obsession with replying to me is only surpassed by Ogaden. They certainly are birds of a feather.

Dammit, this rivals my JA quote. Great, you have me considering a new sig.

Or it could be that there is nothing to refute because everything I speak is the truth. I am going to go with this. 

Also in regards to Enamel32... for someone who claims to skip over my posts and not read them, he is certainly obsessed with replying to them. His obsession with replying to me is only surpassed by Ogaden. They certainly are birds of a feather.

I quote the few I read, if it means I can get an easy one in on you.

Rush I reply to your posts primarily for my own amusement, your detachment from reality is such that debating with you is like going on Hannity and trying to argue for the science behind climate change.

Your efforts are a colossal failure. Only surpassed in level of fail by the wartime ability of your alliance. Another fact that cannot be disputed.

I think people are trying to point it out to you here, that are in fact the colossal failure, but we're getting wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy off topic.

Rush
I reply to your posts primarily for my own amusement,
your detachment from reality is such that debating with you is like
going on Hannity and trying to argue for the science behind climate
change.

ahahahahahahha, or limbaugh mid oxy contain abuse

Edited by Enamel32

Rush, I don't care who you're "connected with". No one is challenging that you can get back room info. So can any CNer with a pair of tits. The idea that SF was fanning the flames of non-existent anger is retarded. If your last post is agreeing with me GREAT! You've finally seen the light. If not, then no amount of top level friends you have can change the absurd to the unabsurd. I don't care if your prodigal_cheiftan and Electron Sponge's love child, you can't say something obviously at odds with facts and be taken seriously.

I think people are trying to point it out to you here, that are in fact the colossal failure, but we're getting wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy off topic.

If by people,  you mean an RIA member whom people have born witness to, and acknowledged publicly has been almost stalkerishly creepy to me in public IRC channels.... A joke of a former alliance leader who changes opinions and loyalties as often as I change my socks. And a former leader of a joke alliance whom is not respected by and is barely tolerated by even its closest of allies, and who is almost universally disdained by its allies of allies, then I would consider such opposition to be far more supportive of my knowledge than a detraction from it.

Brilliant! If no one says it's a lie them everything I say is true! Wow, talk about egotistical.

Rush, I don't care who you're "connected with". No one is challenging that you can get back room info. So can any CNer with a pair of tits. The idea that SF was fanning the flames of non-existent anger is retarded. If your last post is agreeing with me GREAT! You've finally seen the light. If not, then no amount of top level friends you have can change the absurd to the unabsurd. I don't care if your prodigal_cheiftan and Electron Sponge's love child, you can't say something obviously at odds with facts and be taken seriously.

It's like it's impossible for you to get it. Joe Average Player's musings about whether or not SF fanned the flames of war (hint: they did but it had 0 effect, the collision course was already on) is not the same what the leaders KNOW to be the truth. For your own sake and propaganda you take the words of Joe Average Player and present it as an overarching belief that our coalition has.That is the very definition of applying propaganda , in the very same thread that you cautioned others not to because this is OOC. Hypocrite much? Forget I asked that, we all know the answer to that.

Absolutism, heh?  Be careful.  That's a slippery slope to moralism.

It is not absolutism. I speak only on matters and conversations that I was intimately a part of. In so doing, I can not only assure myself that I am speaking from a factually correct standpoint, and I have the means with which to prove what I say. 

Brilliant! If no one says it's a lie them everything I say is true! Wow, talk about egotistical.

Intentional obtuseness in this reply. You are quickly reaching Ogaden and Enamel32 levels of jokeness. Or maybe just because I have a solid amount of once fond memories of you, I failed to realize quickly enough that maybe you actually surpassed their levels. I will give this some thought....

Edited by Rush Sykes

Intentional obtuseness in this reply. You are quickly reaching Ogaden and Enamel32 levels of jokeness. Or maybe just because I have a solid amount of once fond memories of you, I failed to realize quickly enough that maybe you actually surpassed their levels. I will give this some thought....

We're all out to get you Rush, it must be because only you know the truth