#1 admin

admin

Game Admin/Owner

• Admin
  • 5,721 posts
  • Nation Name:Great Nation
  • Alliance Name:CN Staff

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:19 AM

I'm working on an enhancement to the CN awards screen that will track actual records in addition to the "floating live" awards that we have now. I've added a number of record categories and designed it to allow for expansion. I have a concern on a few of the record categories that I've included as they reveal more information than is ordinarily made available. See the screenshot below, I've marked out the nations and values in question.

Couple questions:

1) Do you think the categories that I marked out in the screenshot would reveal too much? I'm kinda thinking its not going to be a problem since it only shows the single highest nations in the game and can serve as bragging rights.

2) Any suggestions for additional record categories?

Please no discussions on other suggestions in here. I want to add this a) cause it's neat b) to help give players more to aspire to and c) because these are the types of records that I've long wanted to track in the game.

#2 Avakael

Avakael

Things are about to get a whole lot stranger.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • Nation Name:Klaus Devestatorie
  • Alliance Name:MI6

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

Tax collections and bill payments we could already work out for ourselves with numerous calculators that people have created- we just have to run them against the person with the most infra ever. Most soldiers and most tanks are also easily visible on main nation pages as well. Defending and deployed soldiers could only be too much information for only the person listed- but it'd only be useful information to someone about to go to war or already in a war with that player, who could already figure that information out for themselves by cross checking the ground assault attack page and the nations information page. So in short, nothing is TMI there. Might even be able to get away with a "most cash on hand" category- even if you DID have that information, once again, what are you going to do with it, apart from keeping it as a note on who not to screw with? That's just free propaganda for whoever is in that top spot.

Edited by Avakael, 11 March 2013 - 08:11 AM.

#3 killjoy123

killjoy123

Just another guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • Nation Name:DAR LAND
  • CN:TE Nation Name:Based landia
  • CN:TE Alliance Name:OP

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

AVA GO AWAY!

Back on topic:

I think if you could add the most destructive AA that would be awesome. Then have sub group like for the year and the month

#4 Auctor

Auctor

Gone Crabbin.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,746 posts
  • Nation Name:Wyrdgar
  • Alliance Name:sudoku
  • CN:TE Nation Name:By popular demand
  • CN:TE Alliance Name:Auctormobiles

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

Anyone at war with these dudes can pretty easily figure out how many soldiers or tanks they have deployed or defending.

#5 SoADarthCyfe6

SoADarthCyfe6

Proud GATO'an

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • Nation Name:SoA Republic
  • Alliance Name:Global Alliance and Treaty Organization

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

I feel like a "I support change!" whore, but these are all really good additions to the game. Those categories marked out really don't mean much other then to the .01% of the game anyways. More bragging rights always adds more fun to any game.

#6 Mompson

Mompson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Nation Name:Mompson
  • Alliance Name:New Polar Order

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

Most slots of aid sent by an alliance in one day would be nice. (For the record, Polar currently holds this for the day we came out of terms after PB-NpO with over 400).

#7 Rooman33

Rooman33

Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Nation Name:Rooland
  • Alliance Name:Green Old Party
  • CN:TE Alliance Name:War Doves

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

Largest Navy would seem to fit into what you're doing, here.

But I like this addition :)

#8 Leet Guy

Leet Guy

Not an Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • Nation Name:Defender
  • Alliance Name:Mushroom Kingdom

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

Since you do alliance-wide categories, how about alliance with the most causalities?

#9 Irish Republic

Irish Republic

If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Nation Name:Irish Republic
  • Alliance Name:New Polar Order
  • CN:TE Nation Name:Nuclear Wasteland
  • CN:TE Alliance Name:New Desolate Order

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

I would suggest adding this enhancement to CN:TE. There isn't any awards that are a big give away to a nations military strength or how much cash they have on hand; it would be a useful feature as it is in the Standard Edition.

Edited by Irish Republic, 13 March 2013 - 12:26 PM.

#10 hartfw

hartfw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • Nation Name:NoSpecialCharacters
  • Alliance Name:Sengoku
  • CN:TE Nation Name:never meanin no harm
  • CN:TE Alliance Name:Specify Other???

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

Alliance wide casualties per day would be great.

For some of the categories, it might be nice to have something like is there now for the alliances gain: separate categories for most casualty losses yesterday, 7 days, and 30 days  (defensive and offensive also).  The race to 1st place is in all honesty way less interesting then seeing who had the most yesterday, especially considering one will be considerably less stale information. Similarly, don't just give us most destructive war ever, give us the most destructive war yesterday (damage done that day not cumulative), and most destructive on the week (cumulative).

After all, if these categories are going to add much, they should be something that you check when logging to see what is new versus something that primarily will not change for months.  

Also, with the newer attention to battle screens, I would love to see the following:  Biggest Ground attack underdog win (yesterday, 7 day, and 30 day also).  Who doesn't want to know who got lucky and at what odds?

#11 Indian Bob

Indian Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Nation Name:Indinoplace
  • Alliance Name:Anarchy Inc

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

Alliance wide casualties per day would be great.

For some of the categories, it might be nice to have something like is there now for the alliances gain: separate categories for most casualty losses yesterday, 7 days, and 30 days  (defensive and offensive also).  The race to 1st place is in all honesty way less interesting then seeing who had the most yesterday, especially considering one will be considerably less stale information. Similarly, don't just give us most destructive war ever, give us the most destructive war yesterday (damage done that day not cumulative), and most destructive on the week (cumulative).

After all, if these categories are going to add much, they should be something that you check when logging to see what is new versus something that primarily will not change for months.  

Also, with the newer attention to battle screens, I would love to see the following:  Biggest Ground attack underdog win (yesterday, 7 day, and 30 day also).  Who doesn't want to know who got lucky and at what odds?

I agree, these are excellent suggestions.  Maybe they should be added to the floating awards?

The only other thing would be if they could be separated into categories so it's not such a long list...but that's just an aesthetics thing.

Edited by Indian Bob, 13 March 2013 - 01:23 PM.

#12 wickedj

wickedj

No matching nation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts
  • Nation Name:wickedj
  • Alliance Name:NPO

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

How do you calculate alliance wide casualties? Is that just everyones casualties added up as of right now?

Most Alliance Casualties

1. 490,906,387 Soldiers Lost - New Pacific Order
  2. 456,813,130 Soldiers Lost - Anarchy Inc.
  3. 443,933,928 Soldiers Lost - Independent Republic Of Orange Nations
  4. 338,558,091 Soldiers Lost - Mushroom Kingdom
  5. 333,790,568 Soldiers Lost - Fark

#13 katashimon13

katashimon13

Not actually a dinosaur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Nation Name:katashimonland

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

something that lets me brag about recruiting >_<

most members gained in 7 days?

mergers would throw this off but...

meh D:

rawr

#14 D34th

D34th

The Reaper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Nation Name:Anarchism
  • Alliance Name:Neutral Menace

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

The number of members who joined an AA in one day.
The number of members who left an AA in one day.

Kata beat me  :((

Edit 2: Could all this statistics be displayed for each alliance individually?

Edited by D34th, 13 March 2013 - 10:56 PM.

#15 Rooman33

Rooman33

Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Nation Name:Rooland
  • Alliance Name:Green Old Party
  • CN:TE Alliance Name:War Doves

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:23 AM

I would suggest listing the person who's donated the most real $$$ - but that wouldn't be nearly as valuable to start measuring from now, given that some of us have already donated hundreds upon hundreds of dollars... 

#16 Scorponok

Scorponok

Herder of Sheep

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,148 posts
  • Nation Name:Dead Space
  • Alliance Name:The Imperial Order

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

I'm not sure if this was already suggested or has been implemented (I'm too busy to check).  But I would like to see Most Alliance Tech Sent / Received and Most Alliance Aid Sent / Received (if possible).

Also most damage dealt to opponents in 7 days

And most damage dealt by an alliance in 7 days (thats probably impossible, but cool)

#17 Hereno

Hereno

For Services Rendered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,016 posts
  • Nation Name:Lancashire
  • Alliance Name:NSO

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

While I like having more records, we honestly have too many at this point. Does anybody really care which nation has the most tanks? Do we really need to see the largest or strongest alliance listed when we can easily just check the alliances page? I mean, I don't want to spoil everyone's fun or discourage Admin to make changes or anything, but a lot of these awards are just... not award-worthy and rather boring. And you guys are suggesting even more! :facepalm:

#18 Israeli Land

Israeli Land

Think with your dipstick... Jimmy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Nation Name:Israeli Land
  • Alliance Name:Mortal Wombat

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

How about one for the alliance with the highest avg nation age

#19 admin

admin

Game Admin/Owner

• Admin
  • 5,721 posts
  • Nation Name:Great Nation
  • Alliance Name:CN Staff

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

While I like having more records, we honestly have too many at this point. Does anybody really care which nation has the most tanks? Do we really need to see the largest or strongest alliance listed when we can easily just check the alliances page? I mean, I don't want to spoil everyone's fun or discourage Admin to make changes or anything, but a lot of these awards are just... not award-worthy and rather boring. And you guys are suggesting even more! :facepalm:

The records only change when a higher (or in some cases lower) value is achieved. In a few months all the alliances may drop in strength and a new alliance may be on top, but the records will still hold the alliance that held the highest strength since the records were being collected. This will give players something to aspire to and in that case, the more record categories the better in my opinion.

#20 ShamWOW

ShamWOW

MI6 Towel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Nation Name:Colbert Nation

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

How about an alliance record for the highest amount of active wars at one time?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users