Quick Note from MK

chQb3.png

A few days ago, our senator, o ya baby, fulfilled a sanction request by Everfree Union against HeroOfTime as a rogue.  Apparently this was a mistake, as HeroOfTime hit EU as part of a legitimate alliance war as part of RIA.  We have no intention of sanctioning anyone for actions having to do with the present war, and apologize to HeroOfTime for the mistake.  At no point did RIA, GOD, or anyone else contact oyababy or Mushroom Kingdom government about the sanction, or to try to get us to remove the sanction.  

Today, GOD's Senator, Big Z, sanctioned two of our members, Lebubu and WhatOnceWas.  One of the reasons given in game was "roguery" even though our nation was on our AA and at war with an alliance who attacked our ally Umbrella. 

In any case, they had no excuse to sanction our members.  In the interest of diplomacy and keeping this contained, we have limited our response to sanctioning Big Z, as well as the nation who requested his sanctioning.  We do not desire a full blown sanction war with GOD, as that is not in the interest of either alliance or coalition, but will resort to that if we must.  Both of the sanctions will be lifted once the sanctions on Lebubu and WhatOnceWas  are lifted as well. Nobody wants a sanction war.

To avoid another issue similar to this, here is a list of alliances that MK is currently at war with:

AI, CCC, GOD, GDA, TPF, NATO, TIO, R&R, NADC, CoJ, Fark, RIA, LoSS, Molon Labe, GLOF and Guru Order

/s/
King: Archon
Crown Prince: Infinite Citadel
Prince: Azaghul

Lord High Treasurer: King Brandon
Lord High Vanguard: ArneS
Lord High Director: Gairyuki
Enclave: rsoxbronco1, Quiz, Teh 1337 Guy
Edited by infinite citadel

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight, the Mushroom Kingdom has declared war on the Cult of Justitia three days after attacking us--if you call listing us as an alliance they are at war with a "declaration of war." After weeks of gnashing their teeth over Equilibrium's one-for-all doctrine and wars without declarations, you'd think that MK would be posting their own declarations of war when they begin attacking new alliances, but you'd be wrong, because despite all that whining it has been the years-long policy of MK and its DH allies not to post such declarations when activating the DH treaty.  And so it came as no surprise when two MK nations attacked several Justitian nations without any declaration of war.

However, at this point in time, Mushroom Kingdom and its allies have wrapped themselves tight in legalistic arguments over Equilibrium's doctrines and actions (again, after years on their parts of deriding "e-lawyering").  In particular, MK has lately sanctioned HeroofTime55, a member of RIA, labeling him a rogue under the premise that even though HoT55's war against Everfree Union is in defense of an RIA ally, he is a rogue because the government of RIA has not declared war on EU.  In an attempt to wash their hands of this situation, MK has argued that GATO and/or Everfree Union requested the sanction; however, it is MK's senator who issued the sanction, and so MK has accepted as valid the reasoning regardless of its origin.  The MK Senator and the government of MK are in agreement with the legal argument for the sanction against HoT55.

While the Cult of Justitia has always hoped for the sanctity and impartiality of team Senates to be kept in tact in even the most vitriolic war, the actions of MK and its ~Competence~ allies have demonstrated positively that this hope for this war has been in vain.

And so we come to the rogues lebubu and WhatOnceWas.  Even as MK and its allies mocked HoT55 and made light of their sanctions, these two rulers attacked Cult of Justitia under the same circumstances for which they had issued sanctions: Individual nations responding without a governmental declaration in defense of an ally.

While I may disagree on many topics with the government of MK, I must put faith in their decisions as regards their policies toward their members.  Justitia's Cult respected the opinion of MK and its allies, and requested the sanction of the MK-defined rogues lebubu and WhatOnceWas.

MK is used to talking out of both sides of its mouth, of applying one standard to itself and another to everyone else, and getting its way.  Things are different now, but as you might imagine MK was highly upset by the sanctions which were issued in accordance with their own position. 

But Justitia is just: The sanctions--HoT55 included--have been negotiated, MK has issued a DoW as it has spent so much time whining that it should, and we will all be going about our business.

At no point did RIA, GOD, or anyone else contact oyababy or Mushroom Kingdom government about the sanction, or to try to get us to remove the sanction. 

Is that so? http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/115591-rogue-senators-and-the-sanction-war/

Edited by Schattenmann

flagAS6.png

Tonight, the Mushroom Kingdom has declared war on the Cult of Justitia three days after attacking us--if you call listing us as an alliance they are at war with a "declaration of war." After weeks of gnashing their teeth over Equilibrium's one-for-all doctrine and wars without declarations, you'd think that MK would be posting their own declarations of war when they begin attacking new alliances, but you'd be wrong, because despite all that whining it has been the years-long policy of MK and its DH allies not to post such declarations when activating the DH treaty.  And so it came as no surprise when two MK nations attacked several Justitian nations without any declaration of war.

However, at this point in time, Mushroom Kingdom and its allies have wrapped themselves tight in legalistic arguments over Equilibrium's doctrines and actions (again, after years on their parts of deriding "e-lawyering").  In particular, MK has lately sanctioned HeroofTime55, a member of RIA, labeling him a rogue under the premise that even though HoT55's war against Everfree Union is in defense of an RIA ally, he is a rogue because the government of RIA has not declared war on EU.  In an attempt to wash their hands of this situation, MK has argued that GATO and/or Everfree Union requested the sanction; however, it is MK's senator who issued the sanction, and so MK has accepted as valid the reasoning regardless of its origin.  The MK Senator and the government of MK are in agreement with the legal argument for the sanction against HoT55.

While the Cult of Justitia has always hoped for the sanctity and impartiality of team Senates to be kept in tact in even the most vitriolic war, the actions of MK and its ~Competence~ allies have demonstrated positively that this hope for this war has been in vain.

And so we come to the rogues lebubu and WhatOnceWas.  Even as MK and its allies mocked HoT55 and made light of their sanctions, these two rulers attacked Cult of Justitia under the same circumstances for which they had issued sanctions: Individual nations responding without a governmental declaration in defense of an ally.

While I may disagree on many topics with the government of MK, I must put faith in their decisions as regards their policies toward their members.  Justitia's Cult respected the opinion of MK and its allies, and requested the sanction of the MK-defined rogues lebubu and WhatOnceWas.

MK is used to talking out of both sides of its mouth, of applying one standard to itself and another to everyone else, and getting its way.  Things are different now, but as you might imagine MK was highly upset by the sanctions which were issued in accordance with their own position. 

But Justitia is just: The sanctions--HoT55 included--have been negotiated, MK has issued a DoW as it has spent so much time whining that it should, and we will all be going about our business.

Is that so? http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/115591-rogue-senators-and-the-sanction-war/

You use a lot of words to say so little.

AI, CCC, GOD, GDA, TPF, NATO, TIO, R&R, NADC, CoJ, Fark, RIA, LoSS, Molon Labe, and Guru Order

Does this mean that if anyone not on one of the above AAs was to attack a MK nation then they will be sanctioned?

Have you considered that a similar list made by alliances in EQ coalition would cause a big portion of your membership (not on MK AA atm) to become valid sanction targets?

Does this mean that if anyone not on one of the above AAs was to attack a MK nation then they will be sanctioned?

Have you considered that a similar list made by alliances in EQ coalition would cause a big portion of your membership (not on MK AA atm) to become valid sanction targets?

No, we'll recognize a state of war with said alliance and they'll be open to any counters that we are able to muster up. It was a clerical note to point out what alliances we're at war with, since we didn't post a DoW on a few of them and I don't recall any of them posting a DoW on us.

I'm confident we got your ear on this one. ;)

I actually read it all, which I normally don't do when I see a long post from you because I know most of it is crying about the unfairness of (insert whatever).  I wouldn't say you have my ear or after I hit reply anymore of my attention.

No, we'll recognize a state of war with said alliance and they'll be open to any counters that we are able to muster up. It was a clerical note to point out what alliances we're at war with, since we didn't post a DoW on a few of them and I don't recall any of them posting a DoW on us.

Does it mean that anyone on an AA that MK does not recognize as an alliance (one man AAs) would be categorized as a rogue? Once again you might have problems if EQ decided to respond with sanctions on AAs which are being used by DH.

Were oyababy's actions approved by MK at any time? If not, will he continue to be MK's senator?

so when queenhailee asked for the sanction on me to be removed, and I had to wait for big z to do so, it's perfectly cool that the sanctioning reason on me was a lie, but after you initated a sanction war and big z matched it, you're claiming GOD is starting the sanction war, this makes sense.

Does it mean that anyone on an AA that MK does not recognize as an alliance (one man AAs) would be categorized as a rogue? Once again you might have problems if EQ decided to respond with sanctions on AAs which are being used by DH.

No.

Were oyababy's actions approved by MK at any time? If not, will he continue to be MK's senator?

No, but I can't blame him for fufilling EU's request.  If it was wrong, RIA should have contacted us.  And yes.

so when queenhailee asked for the sanction on me to be removed, and I had to wait for big z to do so, it's perfectly cool that the sanctioning reason on me was a lie, but after you initated a sanction war and big z matched it, you're claiming GOD is starting the sanction war, this makes sense.

We never sanctioned you.