Fifth Column Confederation - Reborn

BlackJackTalon

Dear CN'ers,

I, BlackJackTalon, formerly ruler of "Bjorkland", currently ruler of the "Empire of the Wolf", do hereby declare the rebirth of the Fifth Column Confederation here on Cybernations. 

A community under that name currently exists in the interwebs, and It is my desire (as a former cabinet member) to bring back the first alliance I ever belonged to here on Planet Bob. 

The Fifth Column Confederation, herafter known as the FCC, shall function as the FCC Forums CN presence. It shall be ruled according to the charter designed for said forum and body of gamers, and it shall be considered as founded on this day. 

The Charter will be posted in the post below, but we currently are in need of experienced players to fill the roles of Minister of Foriegn Affairs, and Minister of Defense especially. 

On Coldront IRC at #FCC

Our forums are located at : http://w11.zetaboards.com/FCC/index/

Our Wiki at :http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Fifth_Column_Confederation

My nation at : http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=505324

Please Pm me in game, or here if you have interest in joining as a lay member or in a leadership capacity. 

Alternatively, you may go to our forum and sign up, expressing your interest there.

We currently have positions in Defense, Treasury, Diplomacy, and Recruitment open.

Edited by BlackJackTalon

Preamble

Formed to represent the Fifth Column Confederations Ideals and Membership in the CyberNations arena, the FCC is hereby established with good will towards all gamers.

Ideals

The Fifth Column Confederation and by extension, the FCC stands for the ideals of community, independence, respect, and enjoyment of the pursuits it follows.

Article I: Government

The Government of the FCC shall constructed as follows. It shall be a semi-democratic alliance, ruled by a Director, a Ministry, and a Senate. They shall work for the betterment of the alliance, and of the Fifth Column Confederation at large.

Section I: The Executive Branch

Subsection i: The Director

The Director of the FCC shall hold the position until such time as he or she resigns, or is removed from office by a ⅔ majority vote of the membership at large, under the terms of impeachment. The Director is responsible for the ratification of any foreign treaties, the appointment of a Vice-Director, the setting of over all policy and strategies for the FCC, and as the deciding vote in any split vote by the Senate. The Director shall also have the right to grant an appeal in the case of a criminal case against a member of the FCC with regards to CyberNations infractions.

Subsection ii: The Vice-Director

The Vice-Director shall be appointed by and serve at the leisure of, the Director. He/She shall serve as the Director’s direct representative, and speak with the full power of the Director in the event that the Director is unable to fulfil their duties due to absence. The Vice-Director shall also serve as a member of the Senate in the event that a tie-breaking vote is required. The Vice-Director shall serve as the administrator of the FCC’s Tri-Annual Election cycles.

Section II: The Ministries

The Ministries shall be headed by a Minister, who is to be elected during the Tri-Annual Election cycle by the membership at large. They shall head the various operations of the FCC, and shall report directly to the Director. They may be dismissed by the Director for conduct unbecoming of an Fifth Column Confederate, or for gross negligence of duty.

Subsection i: The Minister of Foreign Affairs

The Minister of Foreign Affairs shall be in charge of operating our embassies in foreign forums, of maintaining and hosting others embassies in our forums, and of assigning diplomats to serve as our link to foreign alliances. They shall also be in charge of creating and submitting for ratification, treaties between our alliance and others.

Subsection ii: The Minister of Finance

The Minister of Finance shall be given the task of over-seeing the economic growth of the FCC. They shall, with the aid of the other Ministers, seek to enact the Directors over-arching vision for the FCC in the most efficient manner possible. They are to over-see the development of a Tech Dealing program, monitor the assignments of nations to their proper Trade Circle, and aid new nations in their understanding of economic growth.

Subsection iii: The Minister of Defense

The Minister of Defense shall serve as the Aide de camp to the Director, enacting his vision of the FCC Military in the most efficient manner possible. He/She shall work with the other Ministries to ensure that each nation is properly organized for the advent of war, train nations in the art of war, and assign subordinates to serve as military commanders in the event of war.

Subsection iv: The Minister of Internal Affairs

The Minister of Internal Affairs shall be responsible for the recruitment, training, and inclusion of all new members. He/She shall seek to to foster a sense of community through selection of active new members, personal efforts towards interacting with those members, and the expansion of the FCC. They shall also be in charge of monitering the efforts of FCC members, rewarding those who work for the betterment of the FCC with commendations that shall be created by the Minister of Internal Affairs.

Section III: The Senate

The Senate shall consist of members in good standing, elected to serve as representatives of the FCC. There shall be no less than two Senators at any time that the FCC membership is above twenty nations.  The Senate shall consist of a ratio of (1) senator to every (10) members after that point, with a new seat being created each time that the halfway point between two markers is reached. Eg. twenty members would mean two senators, and twenty-five members would mean three senators. The Senate shall be tasked with creating law to further the FCC goals, as laid down by the Director.They shall also serve as the Judicial Body in the event of a Cybernation centric action against the FCC. The Judicial Rulings of the Senate may be appealed to the Director for final judgement. The Senate is tasked with voting to put treaties into law (subject to Director approval), beginning the Impeachment Process in the event of gross misconduct by the Director, disseminating information to the membership at large, and working to foster a sense of community and activity in the FCC membership. The Senate should work to assist the Ministers in their tasks, serve as the moderation staff of The Citadel section of the Fifth Column Confederation forum board, and operate as ambassadors of the FCC in their dealings with other Alliances.

Section IV: The Impeachment Process

If the Director behaves in such a manner that it leads to great detriment to the FCC, A senator may call for an impeachment trial. A simple majority in the senate puts the matter of the Directors impeachment up to Membership vote. A ⅔ majority vote is then required of the membership at large to remove the Director form office.

Section V: The Election Cycle

The FCC shall hold elections every four months. Candidates shall have one week prior to elections to establish their platform, pm members about their candidacy, and run for office. The candidates must constrain themselves to good taste, and to the one week window for all campaigns. At the end of this period, the elections shall last for three days, with each member getting an opportunity to vote. Members may absentee vote if they are going to be on vacation, provided they let a government official know, and do so before the three day voting period opens. All candidates must have been a member of the FCC for at least one month to be considered for office. They may nominate themselves, or be nominated and accept in order to be placed on the ballot. The ballot shall be designed to give the FCC members a clear voting option.

Section VI: Amendments to the Charter

The FCC may amend its charter however it wishes. This must be done through the same process as the Impeachment Process. The only amendments that can not be made are any which seek to remove the FCC from the Fifth Column Confederation’s community at large.

Section VII: The Threshold Clause

Until such time as the FCC meets certain thresholds, it shall be run on an abbreviated government. Under twenty members, the FCC shall be run by the Director solely. Over twenty members, but under forty members and within four months of the twenty member mark, all positions will be assigned by the Director. At any point, the Director may call for the beginning of the election cycle and the formal use of the charter. Once it is put into effect, the charter may not be rescinded unless by aforementioned processes. After four months with over twenty members, Elections must begin, regardless of membership size. Upon the commencement of Elections, the Threshold Clause shall be removed from the charter.

Section VIII: Resignations from the FCC and Treason

Subsection i: Resignations

Any member has the right to resign from the FCC for any reason, at any time, without fear of reprisal. Unless they leave under the auspices of treason. Any member who has received AID in the previous month may be required to repay said aid, at the discretion of the Minister of Internal Affairs.

Subsection ii: Treason

Treason shall be defined as any action deliberately undertaken by a member of the FCC to cause detriment to the FCC. It shall be punishable by ZI or Perma-Zi, expulsion from the alliance and banishment.  Conviction and sentencing is dependant upon trial by the senate.

Edited by BlackJackTalon

As our forum is designed to cover more then just Cybernations, we have a number of different activites and competitions planned.

We have a Writing and a Photography competition about to begin, as well as a Confederate who works for Armor Games. 

We would love to have you, and hope you stop by!

We have had cookies.

I ate all the cookies, I'm sorry. They were yummy, however! :awesome: 

Those who are still interested may partake of my tea and crumpets, however. I assure you they are just as delicious. ^_^

Good news! we were fortunate enough to add 3 more nations last night! We are still seeking some experienced mid-level nations who want to be an active participant in the forging of a new alliance, and we'd also still love some younglings seeking a personal touch in their alliance. 

I'm glad to see the FCC making a comeback and hope for you success. The FCC is what kept me interested in CN for a long time, it was a shame to see it go.

Seeing you try to bring it back does bring back a lot of good memories, I still keep the FCC insignia on the nation flag for the Libertarian Empire in remembrance.

o7 FCC

Currently we're in the middle of a war, but after its over I'd love to get some tech dealing and other forms of cooperation going between our alliances. I have commitments elsewhere, so I can't join. Although I'll still stop by the forum.

Hey Methrage!

Happy to see someone else remembers the glory that was the FCC. I was a member for a year and a half back when I joined in '07. Under the nation Bjorkland. It was what made the game fun for me, and I always regretted leaving to start my own alliance. I left CN a few months later due to RL, and when I finally mustered up the time and energy to rejoin CN, I was absolutely heartbroken to see it had shuttered.

I started up an homage as a clan in a different game, and when some of the members expressed interest in CN, I felt that there was no true CN without an FCC for those few of us who still remember it. I left NATO (though they were a wonderful alliance) to found the FCC, and I am happy to say that we are growing well so far. 

We still stand for Strength, Liberty, Honor, Unity, and Growth. 

Our format is a little different, but the ideals that made the FCC live on. 

Please do stop by the forums, and if any others have lived on this long, they would be welcomed as honored guests as well. 

Best of luck to you, and it would be our pleasure to form a diplomatic relationship with your current alliance.

The Fifth Column Confederation is happy to announce that it has begun filling government seats. 

We have been lucky enough to secure several re-roll nations with prior experience, and a clear understanding of what the FCC is about. 

We still lack an experienced Minister of War however. If you are looking for an alliance, and in particular if you are a soldier first and foremost, you might just fit that role for us. Pm, join us on IRC at #FCC, or come by the forums for more information.