• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Thugnationleader

Thugnationleader

No matching nation

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Nation Name:New Syr(Syndicate yessira Rhienland)
  • Alliance Name:Monarch Order

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

Instead of having to collect taxes to come out of peace mode you should have the right to come out of peace mode with out collection. I got an issue with this with building a warchest and other nation stats with my commin outta peace mode. I can barely pay my bills.

Just make it so that we can come outta peace mode with out collection's

#2 Mompson

Mompson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Nation Name:Mompson
  • Alliance Name:New Polar Order

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

Then the economic effects of PM are nearly useless.  If you're worried about not being able to pay bills, don't be in PM.

#3 Thugnationleader

Thugnationleader

No matching nation

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

Then the economic effects of PM are nearly useless.  If you're worried about not being able to pay bills, don't be in PM.

how about not wanting to be attack by a bunch of flaming bafoons like yourself? is that a good enough reason to be in peace mode?

#4 Icewolf

Icewolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts
  • Nation Name:Icicle City

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:19 AM

If Peace Mode had no penalty then every nation would live in it apart from one day in 20. Life would become extremely dull. If you enter peacemode in war time then the economic penalty serves to match the costs of having to maintain a full military and GCs (to an extent) whilst sitting out of it. 

Peace Mode gives a substantial advantage. It is only fair that you must pay for it.

#5 Mompson

Mompson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Nation Name:Mompson
  • Alliance Name:New Polar Order

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:24 AM

how about not wanting to be attack by a bunch of flaming bafoons like yourself? is that a good enough reason to be in peace mode?

I commented on your suggestion.  That's really not necessary.  But if you're going to be that way, there are multiple options for war dodging.  Join a neutral for example. 

Edit: Also you realize that I am on the same side of the war as you?

Edited by Mompson, 13 February 2013 - 07:27 AM.

#6 Tom Marvolo Riddle

Tom Marvolo Riddle

I'm Back!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • Nation Name:Winner12345
  • Alliance Name:RECRUIT ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

What i we just took peace mode out of the game? I mean, if Iran, who is developing a nuclear weapon, says "We dont want to be attacked" are we going to listen? No. Why couldnt we still be able to attack people in peace mode but we are penalized by having to pay 5 days of taxes collected?

#7 Icewolf

Icewolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

Because peacemode does serve a purpose. It can be used effectively as a tool of war. It can be useful for those who are going on holiday and don't want to use a nation sitter. 

Furthermore, I would happily lose 5 days of taxes for the chance to hit a peacemode nation. With Nuclear anarchy that is all of about 150 thousand. 

#8 Thugnationleader

Thugnationleader

No matching nation

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

whoops didnt read allaince aff... sorry to mompson

#9 Tom Marvolo Riddle

Tom Marvolo Riddle

I'm Back!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • Nation Name:Winner12345
  • Alliance Name:RECRUIT ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

whoops didnt read allaince aff... sorry to mompson

Look, either you make radical changes to this idea or you will have to copletely abandon it. As Icewolf explained PM serves a great strategical advantage along with a major penalty for the person in PM.

#10 Thugnationleader

Thugnationleader

No matching nation

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:18 AM

im goin g to revise it. maybe 50% less damage to the economy. alot of nations are afraid to come out of peace mode becuase of that reason.

#11 GuMMyWoRm

GuMMyWoRm

ex MK'er

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Nation Name:UHP Pulpit
  • Alliance Name:Orange Defense Network

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

im goin g to revise it. maybe 50% less damage to the economy. alot of nations are afraid to come out of peace mode becuase of that reason.

Looking at your nation i see you yourself declared on two nations. I guess they feel you are one of these bafoons also as you talk about? Every post you've made makes less and less sense. Its ok for you to attack other nations but when they do it to you, your upset. Wow please stop posting. Your making a fool out of yourself pal.

#12 Icewolf

Icewolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

Peacemode should never be cheaper than 5 guerrilla camps (pre-requisite of being in war mode atm). So no. 

#13 Baldr

Baldr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • Nation Name:Breidablik

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

Thug Nation, there are neutral alliances like GPA or GOP that avoid war.  You didn't join one of them, you joined NADC.  NADC is involved in a global war.  You joined them after that war began.

Planet Bob has a lot of war.  Many of us would not be here if it were not for that.  And nations who do not want war have options, such a going to peace mode, or joining a neutral alliance.

Maybe this will help.

http://cybernations....utral_Alliances

#14 HHAYD

HHAYD

Friendly fire, isn't

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,884 posts
  • Nation Name:Heska
  • Alliance Name:The Phoenix Federation

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

What i we just took peace mode out of the game? I mean, if Iran, who is developing a nuclear weapon, says "We dont want to be attacked" are we going to listen? No. Why couldnt we still be able to attack people in peace mode but we are penalized by having to pay 5 days of taxes collected?

When Iran's president goes on vacation or has an emergency, he has someone else to easily take over temporarily.

In CN, if you have to go on a vacation or get ready for the finals week, finding a nation sitter takes a lot more work than selecting "Don't want to be raped while I'm away".

#15 Rayan Thomas

Rayan Thomas

Resident Smoker & Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 918 posts
  • Nation Name:Republic of Tropico
  • Alliance Name:Atlas
  • CN:TE Nation Name:Darkwater1
  • CN:TE Alliance Name:SKARO DALEK KILL YOU AA OF DOOM THINGY

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

I will spend half of my time laughing over these posts when CyberNations eventually moves forums, again...  :popcorn:

As for the suggestion. No. It's not realistic and removes the penalties involved.

DON'T HATE ON MOMPSON!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users