War from Deinos

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the fact that people always refer to that war as if Fark won. They certainly performed well (hell, probably some of the tougher opponents I've ever fought) and they had us outnumbered in the lower tiers, but that stalemate was signed 24 hours before a coalition counter to finally put them down. The stalemate was a respectful gesture to Fark, who had adopted a surprisingly effective strategy, and they took it. Deinos fought WAY harder than any of the other alliances on FARK (TLR included) so I don't understand how anyone can say they don't pull their weight.

Bah, this war blows.

Edit: why oh why forum do you forget my spacing! :(

Edited by Devilyn Caster

Oh please, no one in SF/XX, especially not R&R, has the right to call anybody a modern GGA. You guys literally hide from fighting, try to take credit for winning when you contribute nothing, then to top it off you guys join a block with two of the most cowardly alliances ever to grace admins earth on top of already being in SF. But props to you guys I guess, it takes a lot of talent to @#$% up being a meatshield but yourselves, Sparta and MHA manage to do it every time, and not even GGA could claim they got that wrong.

This man speaks the truth. 

Seriously, if Deinos is the kind of alliance you call a "modern day GGA", I'd take that GGA over the weak-willed gaggle of mouthbreathers your alliance consists of. 

Oh man, my very own wall of text :>

I don't have the time nor desire to deconstruct it so I'll just say that I'm not saying Deinos deserves praise for the war, I'm just saying that a lot of the party line trumpeting about our "incompetence" is quite hilariously false and your unfortunate GGA reference speaks volumes of how you remember the past.

The Fark nations I fought against were the toughest I've faced since WoTC and my only regret is that I didn't get down into Atanatar's range to get a piece of dat.

Edit: Spacing ffs

Edited by Melancholy Culkin

Last but not least: I know its good PR (and this goes to all) to talk about the attack one attack all. Play the role of what it means and what it doesn't mean. But I will tell you those in DH have zero, absolutely zero reason to talk about it all. Specifically and exactly because in the Dave war (thats all I have to go back to) it was used by DH to authorize hits on anyone they felt it gave them an advantage for. I am not going to debate better or best use, I am saying stop crying like a child, stop claiming some moral superiority over it just because it was used against you. Things could have been done better. Same goes for your side. Deinos hitting NPO was tactically meh at best.

Brehon hit it on the head. Repeatedly I might add.

Oh please, no one in SF/XX, especially not R&R, has the right to call anybody a modern GGA. You guys literally hide from fighting, try to take credit for winning when you contribute nothing, then to top it off you guys join a block with two of the most cowardly alliances ever to grace admins earth on top of already being in SF. But props to you guys I guess, it takes a lot of talent to @#$% up being a meatshield but yourselves, Sparta and MHA manage to do it every time, and not even GGA could claim they got that wrong.

Always great to see a spot on post that everyone agrees with.

Dear NPO,

Please smash their faces into the ground, and keep JA warm for me!

Best regards,

-E32

EDIT: DAPHOQUE? NO FORMATTING? WHAT IS THIS BULLHONKEY?

EDIT 2: Ok there it is. dat jacked.

You're an idiot. There were few people who fought as much as JA so you wouldn't be thrown to the wolves in the first XX/SF war. What happened to you is the responsibility of alot of people but certainly not JA's.

Edited by Lusitan

I don't have the time nor desire to deconstruct it so I'll just say that I'm not saying Deinos deserves praise for the war, I'm just saying that a lot of the party line trumpeting about our "incompetence" is quite hilariously false and your unfortunate GGA reference speaks volumes of how you remember the past.

My main point was in fact that Deinos doesn't deserve praise and doesn't deserve bragging rights for the fight against Fark. Perhaps it was not the intention, but it certainly came across as that's what you all were doing. You fought Fark without too much backup. Sure, took some solid cajones, good job, but it simply came across to me as the Fark fight being held up as a trophy of Deinos's prowess... which is fairly idiotic. You could've done worse, but you don't brag about it. You shrug off the shots of ineptitude and you just go out and prove them wrong unless you really do have some magnanimous accomplishment to unveil.

I was one of the first on FARK and the last to leave the FARK front.  I am the exception though :D

I remember fighting FARK longer than you were, but thats symantecs.

Wasn't I the one that fought you right from the beginning, the final end and once or twice in the middle?  I thought we were going to get married at one point.  That was fun.  Got both our casualty count up.

:awesome:

My main point was in fact that Deinos doesn't deserve praise and doesn't deserve bragging rights for the fight against Fark. Perhaps it was not the intention, but it certainly came across as that's what you all were doing. You fought Fark without too much backup. Sure, took some solid cajones, good job, but it simply came across to me as the Fark fight being held up as a trophy of Deinos's prowess... which is fairly idiotic. You could've done worse, but you don't brag about it. You shrug off the shots of ineptitude and you just go out and prove them wrong unless you really do have some magnanimous accomplishment to unveil.

The next time - if ever - you take on an opponent that is bigger or stronger than you, for the sake of your friends, let me know. Until then, maybe stick to the back of the room. Edited by New Frontier

Have fun, both of you. And everyone else, quit with the silly peace mode criticisms. This game is dying because you people wont talk about anything else.

EDIT* Oh, and one more thing, stop crying like babies. That's killing the game too.

Edited by wes the wise

We're not bragging. We're not actively going out and saying HAAAA WE'LL MESS YOU UP LIKE WE MESSED UP FARK!!!!1!1!one!

We're simply defending our record against people who have their heads up their rears. There's jabbing at alliances for the sake of trash talk, and then there's rewriting history for the sake of being a subterranean bridge dweller. Just stop - you even have old members of Fark telling you you're wrong now, or at least misguided.

and talking about killing the game is also killing the game! Also as a member of VE I look at all of the big dog alliances on EQs side and say, why you got so many people in PM mode?

Touche....

You're an idiot. There were few people who fought as much as JA so you wouldn't be thrown to the wolves in the first XX/SF war. What happened to you is the responsibility of alot of people but certainly not JA's.

Thanks for only sitting idly by in the first war (defined as hitting everyone else so that your bloc mates could hit your treaty partners,) and then participating in the second war (Hitting one of your allies MDoAP partners "for fun," after launching the initial strike yourself on their bloc mate et al)?

I don't know where you think anyone owes you any favors for the knives you all placed in their backs.

Edited by IYIyTh