Vhalen

I'm just a part time electrician...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Nation Name:Longitude/Latitude
  • CN:TE Nation Name:Changes each round

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

First off, nice job with the War Details listing. I'm not sure how everything's totaled up, but it's interesting regardless. Now, on to business:

I have two suggestions here, but they're of a similar nature so I didn't figure there's much point making two threads.

1) Add "Most Destructive Wars" to the CN Awards page. This was the first thing I thought when I saw the listings, and since the war details already ranks wars, it can't be that hard to list and link the winners there.

2) Consider an alliance v. alliance war details listing that totals up current wars between two alliances.

#2 Lord Bdub

Lord Bdub

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Nation Name:Welch

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

I was wondering if adding defeat alerts would be possible.

Didnt know if i should make a new topic or not.

#3 admin

admin

Game Admin/Owner

• Admin
  • 5,656 posts
  • Nation Name:Great Nation
  • Alliance Name:CN Staff

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

I've modified the Wars Across the Globe screen to accommodate your first suggestion. I'm still thinking on alliance war details.

I was wondering if adding defeat alerts would be possible.

Didnt know if i should make a new topic or not.

The game wasn't totaling defeat alert stats. It is now.

#4 Dschinghis Khan

Dschinghis Khan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Nation Name:Arachosia
  • Alliance Name:RnR

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

I have a suggestion for the "Outcome" column. 

Instead of having "War Expired" or "Peace Declared", it could have "Victory" or "Defeat" depending on how much nation strength lost.

#5 Vhalen

Vhalen

I'm just a part time electrician...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Nation Name:Longitude/Latitude
  • CN:TE Nation Name:Changes each round

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

Destruction ranking's neat. Nice.

Also, not entirely sure, but I think expired wars are still showing up in the rankings. I'm not sure whether that's intentional or not, but the way it reads, it feels like they shouldn't. I guess most expired ones'll disappear after a while, but I can see people keeping "trophy wars" around.

Edited by Vhalen, 30 January 2013 - 12:43 AM.

#6 JoshuaR

JoshuaR

Philosopher King

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts
  • Nation Name:Chana
  • Alliance Name:Umbrella

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:16 AM

I have a suggestion for the "Outcome" column. 

Instead of having "War Expired" or "Peace Declared", it could have "Victory" or "Defeat" depending on how much nation strength lost.

I like this.

#7 Infopowerbroker

Infopowerbroker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Nation Name:Maggie Walkerville
  • Alliance Name:Invicta

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

It would be fantastic if the "Soldiers Lost:" tracking was broken down into attacking casualties and defending casualties (to be able to track that specific war's contribution to the attacking/defending casualties on a nation's main page).

#8 Lord Hershey

Lord Hershey

The Messenger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Nation Name:Lord Hershey
  • Alliance Name:Doom Squad

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

Alliance war details would be terrific, Admin. Could you provide destruction information between two alliances like you did with two nations, just on the alliance scale?

#9 andyt2k

andyt2k

Dark Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts
  • Nation Name:Veritas
  • Alliance Name:TIO

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:56 AM

Alliance vs Alliance would help a lot

However if it's search one, the text limit would have to be expanded as many alliance names are pretty long, so you end up with

Global Alliance and Treaty Organistion vs Globa

If that function is added, a MASSIVE help would having the additional Offensive and Defensive wars, so say

LoSS is in 200 wars, you can see 150 of them are with GOONS, 120 are Offensive and 30 are Defensive

This would change a lot of things because you could see potential available slots.

The Alliance vs Alliance wars would also make war slot filling infinate times easier to spot. Just check say NPO vs NPO and you get a list of their wars on themselves, there will be some ghost busting but you're like to see like 12 results, checking those for damage via the VERY helpful charts page would be a piece of cake

#10 Indian Bob

Indian Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Nation Name:Indinoplace
  • Alliance Name:Anarchy Inc

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Since we're spit balling additions to this very cool feature, nukes launched and landed would be good.  As it stands, wars won and lost are nation to nation and if you're not the one who gets to fire the nuke each day but you're taking one the stats look very lopsided.

#11 JoshuaR

JoshuaR

Philosopher King

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts
  • Nation Name:Chana
  • Alliance Name:Umbrella

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

One stat to sort that could be interesting is individually most destructive wars. e.g., how bad one side was messed up, which could highlight some of the lopsided fights in addition to the current system highlighting many of the evenly brutal slug fests.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: war details, awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users