An Announcement by the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, must be infuriating that we're right, having to resort to worn out one-liners.

I fail to see how you are correct. We're talking about an alliance that hid in peace mode the entire time last war and is also regarded amongst the worst alliances to walk the planet. And then we're talking about you, an old, shriveled up player who can't let go of a grudge that's 3 years old while the rest of his alliance has.

What I actually mean to say is get over yourselves, you're not convincing anyone.

Edit: Grammar. Edited by SoADarthCyfe6

I fail to see how you are correct. We're talking about an alliance that hid in peace mode the entire time last war and is also regarded amongst the worst alliances to walk the planet. And then we're talking about you, an old, shriveled up player who can't let go of a grudge that's 3 years old while the rest of his alliance has.

What I actually mean to say is get over yourselves, you're not convincing anyone.

Edit: Grammar.

Actually, we were talking about how your DoW was a joke and your whole 10-11 offensive Wars was an underwhelming entry. Also considering the better chunk of your bloc is in peacemode, that just makes the rest of your statement hilarious.

We've got to stop with the PM jokes, we all know why they are in PM. We all know if they pull off their plan it's going to hurt a lot more than randomly jumping in all over the place and getting over engaged in the wrong tier. Big risk, big reward. I am somewhat leery of mass PM exits because the coordination is so hard and opsec is so high, that ultimately it can end up as a huge fail. If done at the right time however and pulled off, it would be pretty epic :D

Actually, we were talking about how your DoW was a joke and your whole 10-11 offensive Wars was an underwhelming entry. Also considering the better chunk of your bloc is in peacemode, that just makes the rest of your statement hilarious.

Given your alliances history with peace mode you should really temper those comments. I can guarantee you that the majority of C&G nations in peace mode right now will end up seeing action by the end of the war.

Regardless. This was a very classy DoW. Anyone who ISN'T C&G has 0 right to be pissed off about it. After all, they're supposedly not coming to our aid, right? Unless you WANTED GATO to declare on you? Or you WANTED them out of PM? Now ask yourselves, why is this? Why would you want the entirety of GATO to be out of PM and war-ready as soon as they declare, knocking on your doors? And on (23 alliances now, right? Or are we being deemed worthy of more?) all of you at once? Well, the only logical explanation is that you figured with GATO in all its offensive wars, you could counter-declare on their defensive slots. Putting them at a huge disadvantage and winning you the war. So why would C&G be upset about their allies doing things intelligently and in a way that will help us win this already won war? :P In other words, GATO. Much love for you all. :3 Keep doing what you're doing, and bash some skulls in!

Regardless. This was a very classy DoW. Anyone who ISN'T C&G has 0 right to be pissed off about it. After all, they're supposedly not coming to our aid, right? Unless you WANTED GATO to declare on you? Or you WANTED them out of PM? Now ask yourselves, why is this? Why would you want the entirety of GATO to be out of PM and war-ready as soon as they declare, knocking on your doors? And on (23 alliances now, right? Or are we being deemed worthy of more?) all of you at once? Well, the only logical explanation is that you figured with GATO in all its offensive wars, you could counter-declare on their defensive slots. Putting them at a huge disadvantage and winning you the war. So why would C&G be upset about their allies doing things intelligently and in a way that will help us win this already won war? :P In other words, GATO. Much love for you all. :3 Keep doing what you're doing, and bash some skulls in!

Maybe because no one is scared of GATO?  And what is classy about this DoW exactly?  The entire thing is a list of bs about why GATO refuses to take on such and such alliance, finally settling on Sparta of all alliances and following it up with a mediocre blitz.  I mean seriously, passing on Avalanche because they've done no harm to GATO in the past?  Nor RoK/CRAP/NPL/etc because they have a neutral relationship at best? Who cares, all of them attacked GATO's alliance and GATO is giving them a freebie because GATO simply can't be bothered to adequately defend an ally.

Edited by MitchellBade

Maybe because no one is scared of GATO?  And what is classy about this DoW exactly?  The entire thing is a list of bs about why GATO refuses to take on such and such alliance, finally settling on Sparta of all alliances and following it up with a mediocre blitz.  I mean seriously, passing on Avalanche because they've done no harm to GATO in the past?  Nor RoK/CRAP/NPL/etc because they have a neutral relationship at best? Who cares, all of them attacked GATO's alliance and GATO is giving them a freebie because GATO simply can't be bothered to adequately defend an ally.

Because it shows what they think about the idea of, "An attack on one is an attack on all," statement everyone in Equilibrium has been spewing since this war started. And I, along with a good majority of other players, happen to agree.

Because it shows what they think about the idea of, "An attack on one is an attack on all," statement everyone in Equilibrium has been spewing since this war started. And I, along with a good majority of other players, happen to agree.

So then GATO shall be making further declarations by your logic.   We'll see about that then.

Actually, only TLR declared on Sparta. GATO opted to hit GOD/Invicta.

It's strategy when they hide with the better chunk of their bloc in PM, yet is totally cowardice when Sparta put its Top Tier in PM to focus instead on middle and low tiers where we actually had a chance at winning.  :rolleyes:

It's strategy when they hide with the better chunk of their bloc in PM, yet is totally cowardice when Sparta put its Top Tier in PM to focus instead on middle and low tiers where we actually had a chance at winning.  :rolleyes:

Heh you're right, my apologies for failing to read the entire OP.  So itt, GATO doesn't declare war on anyone but simply acknowledges who they wish not to fight.  Yeah, that's first class right there.

Edited by MitchellBade

Our nations will not sit in peace mode for the whole war unlike Sparta who in every war since Karma has put a majority of her nations in peace mode and left them there for the duration of the conflicts.

Our nations will not sit in peace mode for the whole war unlike Sparta who in every war since Karma has put a majority of her nations in peace mode and left them there for the duration of the conflicts.

I don't know, as someone who has been there since '09, I can safely say a majority of all of our nations saw at least some War during all but the last two conflicts.

At one point we did have banks who always sat in PM during Wars, but the banking system was done away with a while ago now, and even when going was at best 30 nations out of 300+. Either you like to exaggerate to make your story sound better, or you're just horrible at figuring percentages.

Edited by DeathAdder

Well, until you do come out of peace mode, I think we are well within our rights to have a little fun at your expense.  People on the other side of the web have sat through the the awful peace mode comments for the last several wars, surely you all can put up with a week's worth...

Looks like you managed to fool someone, congrats GATO. 

I understand the situation as it is. Maybe you are unaware of my status. I have a protectorate named the Mostly Harmless Alliance. They are free to move about in the world and make their presence known. MHA can redeploy wherever they want in this conflict and it is fine with me. I will be activating my protectorate with MHA after they are countered. I am not particularly interested in coalition warfare at this time. Sitting on the sideline waiting for the dominoes to fall is annoying.

In the long ago, two wars back now... GATO dastardly attacked my beloved MHA. I fought them to no avail, for they were victorious in their nefarious deed of wanton destruction for no good reason. In the Dave War the MHA declared on GATO in defense of R&R. I did not participate in that front directly, for I deployed later on those that countered MHA, but I was cheering for the Mostly Harmless Alliance as they were again defeated by GATO and friends. That there is a chance that my opponents could be different in this new year sounds like a blessing to me. Call me delusional all you want, I see it merely as an affirmation of my alliances founding principles.

nahhh the charges of cowardice came after Sparta tried to stiffarm people in peace negotiations from some perceived position of power at that point -- when that same top tier was still sitting in peace mode untouched.

nahhh the charges of cowardice came after Sparta tried to stiffarm people in peace negotiations from some perceived position of power at that point -- when that same top tier was still sitting in peace mode untouched.

I'll concede that's when it became popular was after (you say during) peace talks, yes. I wasn't involved in those, however, and never saw full logs, save for the ultimate end results, so Idk what was said.

It started a while before that, however. Pretty much day one, iirc.

Edited by DeathAdder