How to start my OWN alliance?

TeemuStew

[quote name='TeemuStew' timestamp='1357425095' post='3071773']
1.How can I create my own alliance?
2. Do I need a website?
3. Do I need at least 3 players to make it work?
[/quote]

Read this.

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=42130"]http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=42130[/url]

2. Do I need a website?
[/quote]

There is no "set" rules about this. Some people will say you need at least two people (including yourself). Some other will say you need twenty.

No you don't need a "website" to build alliance, although most alliances here have their own forum and IRC channel.

You need to convince (recruit) people to join your alliance affiliation (AA). Harder to do it to people already here, easier to recruit people from your RL friends who aren't already playing.

Good luck.

I believe more than anything you need active members other than yourself to make a successful micro. Even if you are the best at every CN subject, you can't do all of it by yourself.

I know this from a previous experience I had about a year ago. Long story short, my alliance failed.

2. Do I need a website?
[/quote]

1. Fill out your desired AA name in the Edit Nation tab
2. Yes.
3. Generally depending on your government you are going to need 4-6 active contributing members to build upon a base. This isn't a number set in stone just somewhat learned from experience

Edited by shirunei

Lots and lots of people think "I want my own alliance", much like yourself. And the vast majority of them don't know enough about the game to do it successfully. Much like yourself.

Even people who have played for a long time and who have experience in gov positions with other alliances often fail when they try to start a new alliance. A guy and a couple of his friends, with no experience, have such a low chance that saying "0%" is effectively true.

Find a good alliance. Play for awhile. Be active in that alliance, so you can learn. Then, when you've been around awhile, if you still want to start an alliance at least you'll have an idea of what is needed, which will vastly up your odds of success.

I've been playing for six and half years, i founded an alliance with one of CN's top guys ever, and a few others, all very experienced, history of gov service and combined about as much game experience as you can have, it was a re-founding of an old alliance one of the other founders had started before, so we had a charter, forums, ministers, deputy ministers and an overall leader. We also had a protectorate sorted.

That lasted about a month before failing. Starting a new alliance is tough, you need a good number of active, experienced people and even then a lot of them will fail

Edited by andyt2k