MFO (the web site) to shut down in two weeks

JoshuaR

Posted by Mr. Fixit today:
[quote]
The MAYANS were right! 2012 is the end for MFO!!
After 13 years of running the site, we have come to the end. I am setting up a Tumblr page as a place to post some thoughts and stuff from a historical point of view, but the active community-based site that MFO is will no longer be. I will post a link to the new site as soon as we have it looking ok and then on the 25th I hope that the URL will go there automatically, so we can stay loosely connected.
So keep on gaming and hopefully you retain fond memories of MFO. [/quote]

Since this is Cybernations, it is unlikely any of you still use the web site for anything, certainly not social visits since us CN-ers have long moved on to new homes throughout CN. That said, I figured if on the off-chance any of you ever used the site for calculators, guides, or otherwise, let this be your two weeks notice. Anything you want there, you should grab now. If by the time you see this and visit there, you find yourself in empty space, you may contact me to see if I have any copies of that which you desire.

The MFO web site address is mrfixitonline.com/cybernations. Of course the really sad part to see disappear will be the Chess section... And the web site had already been re-booted into phpbb when Mr. Fixit stopped trying to adapt his own BB software, so the really really good stuff (Age of Empires recorded games, including expert games) was already lost to the public. But now I'm drifting away from the topic because that certainly has nothing to do with CN.

Good JoshuaR

It is very sad to hear this. We have many fond memories of you and the MFO. We had many nice chats on your forums and still appreciate all the extra utility work your people had done. A final salute from us to all that MFO was and is.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

It really is sad to see MFO go. :(

For those who used MFO for the infra calculator, our MoIA, Caladin, has suggested an alternate website - http://cn-utilities.com/

Edited by Kurdanak