Player of the Year 2012

Sephiroth

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I nominate the entirety of GPA, TDO, and WTF.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1354979659' post='3061764']
Collectively the Triumvirate of Anarchy, Inc., who forged a collection of smaller alliances into a monster to be reckoned with and in doing so changed the political game.
[/quote]

While I do like those three, it is incorrect to say that they changed the political game. The three alliances that formed into Anarchy Inc. were all allied to each other already, and all were members of Duckroll.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1354988851' post='3061807']
Brehon
Centurius
Comrade Trotsky
Domisi
King Xander the Only
Leet Guy
MCRABT
[/quote]
[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1354999748' post='3061913']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Comrade Trotsky[/font][/color]
Brehon
Infinite Citadel
EgoFreaky
Scorponok
SirWilliam
TronIX
[/quote]

These are the two best lists so far.

Not sure who I'd put... would have to include

Brehon
Centurius
Tronix
Scorponok

though.

People really aren't giving enough credit to TIO for grabbing that sanction spot out of nowhere.

[quote name='Max Power' timestamp='1355014757' post='3061973']
People really aren't giving enough credit to TIO for grabbing that sanction spot out of nowhere.
[/quote]
I LOVE TIO and if anything were to ever happen to send me out of the Sith [aka . some !@#$% like Goldie appears in our ranks with more influence than a fart in a wind tunnel], then I may hate them - but I can't think of anything to make me agree .. They didn't grab it out of nowhere, they made efforts to seize and hold.

If there is a member of TIO who did most of the work getting them sanctioned and coming up with their design,he would be a strong candidate for player of the year, but player of year by design focuses on the individual rather than all their supporters.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1355018528' post='3061983']
If there is a member of TIO who did most of the work getting them sanctioned and coming up with their design,he would be a strong candidate for player of the year, but player of year by design focuses on the individual rather than all their supporters.
[/quote]

Scorponok

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1354989087' post='3061809']
Sardonic
Ardus
Jonathan Brookbank
Isaac Mathew
Sir William
Winner12345
[/quote]
Sardonic, Ardus, Sir William, or Winner12345. Hmmmmmmm That's a tough decision. Makes me realize how dry this planet has become. I'll nominate Electron Sponge in all his timeless glory.

Shouldn't we be doing CN awards at some point? I forget what time of year we do those. Rush Sykes. WPE 2012!

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1355019603' post='3061987']
Terrible posters are nominating some of us ironically because they don't get along with others and we hurt their feelings. How droll.

On the reals, this and similar awards lost any semblance of prestige years ago. Thanks for the (serious) nomination though!
[/quote]
Nah, I just voted you because you're !@#$, deal with it.

Scorponok- leader of TIO who kick ass all year
LSF- these guys kick ass, its hard to pick one.
Hereno- a true friend could not be found. went and joined LSF to fight NoR knowing he would be ZI'ed and still went in guns a blazing that gets props from me.
D34th- gatta enjoy his propaganda

Terrible posters are nominating some of us ironically because they don't get along with others and we hurt their feelings. How droll.

On the reals, this and similar awards lost any semblance of prestige years ago. Thanks for the (serious) nomination though!
[/quote]
"On the reals" this has nothing to do with the MK forum hosted competitions where every stain on someone's past was brought up while you gather around and vote on who deserves the title of worst at various things,

These proceeding will occur openly and not take place at some shady alliance forum with strange rules.This doesn't require you to sign up on a separate forum at all!

Also while I realize MK and GOONS have given out fake rewards before, like holding competition for worst poster ever, etc. Which aren't actually real prizes, what we are doing here is something completely different, as it is a purely positive reward to get

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1354996969' post='3061887']
Since self nomination is not allowed, I'll allow a loophole. I'll nominate those who nominate me in most cases, so people don't need to nominate themselves.
[/quote]
Pretty conceited. If you were/are player of the year, you'll be nominated by someone.

If you aren't, then you won't be nominated and there's no point in putting yourself on the nomination list to pat yourself on the back.

[/quote]
Are you really going to criticize someone for this? This has been a hallmark of you and your friends for the past few years. Sarcasm is cool right bro?

Only cool when they do it. Cool guys. We all wish we were cool and original like you.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1355024493' post='3062001']
"On the reals" this has nothing to do with the MK forum hosted competitions where every stain on someone's past was brought up while you gather around and vote on who deserves the title of worst at various things,

These proceeding will occur openly and not take place at some shady alliance forum with strange rules.This doesn't require you to sign up on a separate forum at all!

Also while I realize MK and GOONS have given out fake rewards before, like holding competition for worst poster ever, etc. Which aren't actually real prizes, what we are doing here is something completely different, as it is a purely positive reward to get
[/quote]

No need to get butthurt here, it's just pretty obvious that this will be as inclusive and objective as MK-led awards were. I may be mistaken but awards were initially undertaken not by MK but by some other party (before MK grabbed the ball and ran with it).

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1355025023' post='3062004']
Are you really going to criticize someone for this? This has been a hallmark of you and your friends for the past few years. Sarcasm is cool right bro?

Only cool when they do it. Cool guys. We all wish we were cool and original like you.
[/quote]

Am I going to criticize someone for voting ironically? Yes (especially when it's clear they actually have nothing on me other than disdain). Feel free to actually bother backing up your claim with proof that I have done so myself. Otherwise it appears you're, even partly by your admission, judging me only on others' actions. Good, good on you. :rolleyes:

Edited by SirWilliam

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1355025595' post='3062008']
No need to get butthurt here, it's just pretty obvious that this will be as inclusive and objective as MK-led awards were. I may be mistaken but awards were initially undertaken not by MK but by some other party (before MK grabbed the ball and ran with it).

Am I going to criticize someone for voting ironically? Yes (especially when it's clear they actually have nothing on me other than disdain). Feel free to actually bother backing up your claim with proof that I have done so myself. Otherwise it appears you're, even partly by your admission, judging me only on others' actions. Good, good on you. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Are you going to state that you've never sarcastically praised, voted, or made statements about others? Because, that's what I'm alluding at. I'm not going to search all 3800 posts you've made, but myself, and everyone reading this, knows you've done so.

Not to mention, all of your friends have, thus making you a hypocrite for ridiculing others for doing it, while saying nothing other times.

Something to said about the inconsistencies of people in CN.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1355026514' post='3062014']
Are you going to state that you've never sarcastically praised, voted, or made statements about others? Because, that's what I'm alluding at. I'm not going to search all 3800 posts you've made, but myself, and everyone reading this, knows you've done so.

Not to mention, all of your friends have, thus making you a hypocrite for ridiculing others for doing it, while saying nothing other times.

Something to said about the inconsistencies of people in CN.
[/quote]

I'm sarcastic, like 97% of CN posters. That means I can't be critical of others', in differing circumstances, in your imagining of this world. Neither can the majority of rulers mind you. Interesting.

In keeping in line with made-up statistics, you, like 43% of posters, fail to actually grasp what hypocrisy means. Hypocrisy, in this instance, isn't being being supportive of sarcasm in some instances and not others (Why that would be double-standards! Course, as highlighted above, such an application doesn't quite work.).

You may want to think this through. Like, all the way through. Or not, I'll be around for a couple more hours should you like to continue.

[I'll note that I'm not actually terribly bothered at Hiro's nomination, even if my posting may seem to indicate otherwise. I was simply tickled, hence my responding.]

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1355025595' post='3062008']
Something about MK...
[/quote]
I get the whole MK is the center of the Universe from some perspectives thing, so everything revolves around them for some people. However MK did some joke contests/rewards while having people sign up on their site to vote on awarding negative titles. What we do is nothing like what MK does, we don't have you sign up on another site We don't have people voting on giving out negative titles like Worst Poster Ever. We all know MK did it poorly and badly in the past, but the community has evolved since then,

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1355028014' post='3062018']
I get the whole MK is the center of the Universe from some perspectives thing, so everything revolves around them for some people.
[/quote]

Indeed. That's why you brought them up first, dedicated several more sentences to them than I did, and then brought them up again, right?

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1355028014' post='3062018']
However MK did some joke contests/rewards while having people sign up on their site to vote on awarding negative titles. What we do is nothing like what MK does, we don't have you sign up on another site We don't have people voting on giving out negative titles like Worst Poster Ever. We all know MK did it poorly and badly in the past, but the community has evolved since then,
[/quote]

Perhaps if you replied to the content of my posts instead of to the poster you would notice that nowhere here did I praise the old system. I just don't feel this will be much better. Certain parties will participate, certain parties won't. Some will think objectively, some won't.

But really, it wasn't my intent to pee in your cereal. Just saying what I gots'a say.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1355018074' post='3061981']
I LOVE TIO and if anything were to ever happen to send me out of the Sith [aka . some !@#$% like Goldie appears in our ranks with more influence than a fart in a wind tunnel], then I may hate them - but I can't think of anything to make me agree .. They didn't grab it out of nowhere, they made efforts to seize and hold.
[/quote]
You realize aside from saying you don't agree with me, you've completely agreed with me, right? "out of nowhere" doesn't mean what you seem to think it means.

(Okay, now I get it.)

Edited by Max Power