Player of the Year 2012

Sephiroth

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel loved. :wub:

Either that or I'm just a massive !@#$%. Either way, I'll take it. :P

So many deserving people to choose from... I'll edit in some names when I've given it a bit more thought.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1354981840' post='3061773']
I would agree with you on most of them, but you need to list their names for it to count. The Pansy I probably know the best from Anarchy Inc, but I think you guys have many members worthy of a nomination
[/quote]

Fair enough.

I hereby nominate:

TRON IX
QueenHailee
Nobody Expects

Also, a posthumous nomination for Jack Tarr for his tireless work for FAN.

[quote name='Biff Webster' timestamp='1355032842' post='3062029']
Well, you've touched a lot of lives. 8 or so alliances worth of people.
[/quote]

I'll take that as a nomination.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1355027659' post='3062017']
I'm sarcastic, like 97% of CN posters. That means I can't be critical of others', in differing circumstances, in your imagining of this world. Neither can the majority of rulers mind you. Interesting.

In keeping in line with made-up statistics, you, like 43% of posters, fail to actually grasp what hypocrisy means. Hypocrisy, in this instance, isn't being being supportive of sarcasm in some instances and not others (Why that would be double-standards! Course, as highlighted above, such an application doesn't quite work.).

You may want to think this through. Like, all the way through. Or not, I'll be around for a couple more hours should you like to continue.

[I'll note that I'm not actually terribly bothered at Hiro's nomination, even if my posting may seem to indicate otherwise. I was simply tickled, hence my responding.]
[/quote]
There's being critical of others for something they do, and being critical of others for doing something they do, that you do as well. Do you not see the difference here? I understand that you see yourself as some sort of superior genius here, but you're vastly overestimating yourself. Again, this is on par with your personality, but I would still reasonably expect you to not be so confused by such a simple concept.

You must be cool on the internet.

I really can't help you, Starfox, if you're incapable of reading, understanding, or admitting to the part where I stated my actions don't mirror those I criticized, a claim which you summarily refused to back up (instead simply rewording but restating your initial belief).

I'm being cool because I'm challenging you to put up or shut up? That's all it takes?

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1355018074' post='3061981']
I LOVE TIO and if anything were to ever happen to send me out of the Sith [aka . some !@#$% like Goldie appears in our ranks with more influence than a fart in a wind tunnel], then I may hate them - but I can't think of anything to make me agree .. They didn't grab it out of nowhere, they made efforts to seize and hold.
[/quote]

Coup Goldie 2013 imo.

Brehon
MCRABT
Leet Guy
Dave93
domisi
KingXander
Impero

I don't get some of those nominations. They're meant to be for the player of the year. THIS year. Now, I understand some of them are good friends of yours and/or did a lot for your alliance but are they actually the player of the year 2012 for the entire planet Bob?

Also, Methrage, limit the votes: there's no need to put the top 50. The ten most nominated should be in the running, not someone who had 2 nominations.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1354979659' post='3061764']
Collectively the Triumvirate of Anarchy, Inc., who forged a collection of smaller alliances into a monster to be reckoned with and in doing so changed the political game.
[/quote]

How exactly has the political game been changed by that? (genuinely asking, i've not long been back on bob after a fairly long hiatus)

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1355047358' post='3062071']
How exactly has the political game been changed by that? (genuinely asking, i've not long been back on bob after a fairly long hiatus)
[/quote]Not enough to warrant a nomination for this. Sure AI is a big deal in some circles, but those alliances that merged to form AI were already allied to each other and already in Duckroll, they were already allies so not much politically has changed it just got rid of a few more AA's and put more people in the same AA.

Also JackTarr gets my vote. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

Oh, also [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Winner12345. Can't forget that.[/size][/font][/color]

Edited by Caliph

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1355048834' post='3062075']
Why the hell have I been nominated...

[img]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa159/tlgf1968/myspace%20graphics/family%20guy%20myspace%20graphics/Stewie_Griffin.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Alright, when did I take acid, and end up in family guy hell?

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1355047514' post='3062074']
Not enough to warrant a nomination for this. Sure AI is a big deal in some circles, but those alliances that merged to form AI were already allied to each other and already in Duckroll, they were already allies so not much politically has changed it just got rid of a few more AA's and put more people in the same AA.

[/quote]

All true but for some reason changing our name and unifying caused MK to declare us the next enemy. It has also resulted in the shrinkage of DH balls. A few months ago it was everything must die, who needs a CB etc and now its dont make a mistake dont take any unnecessary chances. The world is a safer place and everyone does not have to die because short attention spans have given way to small testis. Things have changed and the bullies are back in their box.

edit: give it to someone in MK they are always desperate to win these polls.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1355047358' post='3062071']
[/quote]

While the alliances that came together to form Anarchy, Inc. were allies, combining them into one meant that they would now always fight together as a single force, since they could no longer be split by treaty conflicts. It took many hours of negotiations to bring about Anarchy, Inc. as we may have been of a similar mind on many things, there were variations in style and management that had to be resolved and compromises made, particualrly in the area of FA.

But the stats also say this--out of the box, AI had the highest nuke total on Planet Bob, an honor it held for mony months until it was finally passed by IRON (it is still in a virtual tie with NG for #2). It was immediately sanctioned and became a top tier alliance in an era of when the consensus seemed to be that no new major alliiance would ever appear. Indeed, Anarchy, Inc. has bucked the trend of fading large alliances, maintaining its number and growing in relative and absolute strength.

Alliances now seek out AI for treaties and negotiations in a way that they never sought out the individual alliances in the past. "What about AI?" gets spoken in the backrooms where people plan those things that can't be spoken of for OPSEC reasons. Our friends are very glad to be our friends. Our enemies wish they weren't.

I hope that answers your question.

I can understand the argument that AI has had a large impact on the game going forward, but I don't think that the leadership has done anything individually or collectively to warrant nominations. That said, mergers are hard work and can have innumerable unforeseen difficulties. I just don't think anything they've done had a far reaching impact.

Brehon has had a solid year of FA work and a case could be made for him.

Leet had a similar body of work, but may have an edge (admittedly biased) because of how much he impacted things for the first half of the year.

Both made their fair share of errors, but I'm not seeing anyone else in contention.

Having a pulse and a title when alliances merge =/= player of the year.