[center][img]http://images.wikia.com/cybernations/images/d/d0/Cngoonsflag.png[/img][/center]
[center][b][size=6]Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism Government Announcement[/size][/b][/center]
It is my pleasure to welcome the new GOONS government:

[b]Pilot[/b]: Sardonic
[b]Co-Pilot[/b]: KenMorningstar
[b]Secretariat[/b]: Emperor Marx
--Adjudicators: Dr Beefstupid, mrwuss
[b]Strategos[/b]: jerkdotwad
--Newbie Wranglers: Sir Donald R Deamon, Slide
[b]Pecuniator[/b]: NikolaP
--Dongmaster: Sir Donald R Deamon, Do Not Fear Jazz
--Nation Managers: Paladine_PSoT, Smitty, Do Not Fear Jazz
[b]Council[/b]: Darksol, Slide, r00tn00b, dalstrs, DoNotFearJazz

I would like to take this time to thank SirWilliam for his service and wish him the best of luck with his projects moving forward.

Following a long period of government restructuring, it is also my pleasure to announce the reworking of our Constitution:
[center][b][size=6]Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism Constitution[/size][/b][/center]
[b][size=5]Preamble[/size][/b]
[i]We the People of GOONS, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish injustice, insure domestic Hilarity, provide for the common offense, promote the general Warfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posteriors, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism.[/i]

[b][size=5]Articles[/size][/b]

[b][size=4]Admission & Membership.[/size][/b]
To join GOONS you must satisfy the following conditions:
1) You aren't on anyone's hit list (silent s optional on the first word)
2) You are not at war with anybody
3) You are not irredeemably terrible
The Newbie Wrangler is the arbiter of who may or may not join, however, full government members are able to overrule his decisions.

GOONS is not for everyone. Side effects include occasional bouts of sarcasm, loss of boredom, frequent swearing, and persistent erections lasting more than 4 hours (not guaranteed). If you have been diagnosed with taking yourself too seriously, sense of humor deficiency, or persistent screaming nerdrage, consult a doctor before joining GOONS.

[b][size=4]Government[/size][/b]
[size=4] [b]High Government[/b][/size]
[size=4] [b] Pilot [/b][/size]
The Pilot is the ultimate moral, spiritual, and temporal authority in GOONS. If he says jump, we say how high. If he says poop, we ask what color. He is ultimate commander of GOONS. Documents signed by the Pilot are considered to be the policy of GOONS unless countermanded by him directly. He may overrule any other member of the GOONS government. The Pilot has the ability to appoint any position below him if it becomes vacant (including aides), and remove anybody from government who is judged to not be acting in GOONS' best interests.
[size=4][b]Co-Pilot [/b][/size]
The Co-Pilot is to the Pilot what a Prime Minister is to a president. Unless you're Irish or Russian. The Co-Pilot is primarily tasked with ensuring the triad continue their operations. In the absence of
the Pilot, he speaks with the voice of the Pilot, and is second signatory on all GOONS declarations and treaties. He can overrule any member of the government other than the Pilot. The Co-pilot can appoint assistants and government aides.
[size=4] [b]The Triad[/b][/size]
The Triad are the three government members charged with each of the three primary tenants of the alliance. Each has complete discretion as to how their departments are run. They have the authority to begin new programs, appoint mid-level and aide-level government positions.
[size=4][b]Secretariat[/b][/size]
The Secretariat acts as director of foreign affairs, specifically foreign relations and by ensuring that foreigners are masked and indoctrinated in a timely manner. The Secretariat cannot unilaterally sign treaties of any kind, however, he can write and propose them to the rest of the government. The Secretariat designs the overall diplomatic direction of the alliance with the consent of the Pilot and Co-Pilot.
[size=4] [b]Strategos[/b][/size]
The Strategos acts as director of internal affairs, specifically the military and military preparedness, aiding and tech-dealing, and nation building and maintenance. The Strategos may, at his discretion and with the agreement of the Pilot or Co-Pilot, appoint up to two government-level assistants. He may also appoint Company Commanders and remove them if they are in dereliction of their duty.
[size=4][b]Pecuniator[/b][/size]
The Pecuniator is tasked with ensuring the economic health of the alliance. He oversees the various programs that make up the alliances internal affairs. Primarily those relating to growth and aid distribution.
[size=4][b]GOONS council[/b][/size]
The council consists of four members. The four members who are for all intents and purposes general government. The council's primary job is to assist the other government with the operation of the alliance, paying special heed to the membership through the forums and IRC. Council members may engage in diplomacy but should not make contentious decisions unilaterally. The GOONS council can overrule a policy position of the pilot/co-pilot or triad with a 75% majority vote. The Triad/Pilot/CoPilot can overrule this position with a unanimous vote.
[size=4][b]Members Emeritus[/b][/size]
A government Member Emeritus is someone who has performed sterling service to GOONS in this or another game, and is such given an advisory position over the fate of GOONS. To be a Member Emeritus, you must have served in GOONS government. Emeritus status will be denied if you are terrible. This status is given by nomination from Pilot or Co-Pilot, upon completion of term.
[size=4][b]Non-Positional Access[/b][/size]
From time to time GOONS government may decide to allow people with no official job or position into the government area. These members are to give input about issues facing GOONS, but have no voting rights. Access may be revoked or granted at will by a consensus of government, or Pilot/Co-Pilot decision.
[size=4][b]General Gov positions[/b][/size]
General Gov positions can be created at any time by a member of the triad for any legitimate purpose. These positions oversee aide positions. These positions will have access to the general government forum.
[size=4][b]Governmental Assistants [/b][/size]
Governmental assistants have access to the governmental section. They are created for specific purposes by the Strategos and Secretariat. Assistants should have a formal title and answer to the person directly above them. Assistants can also be appointed by the Pilot and Co-Pilot.
[size=4][b]Governmental Aides [/b][/size]
Government aides are elected or appointed to help their higher and middle-gov counterparts. They have a special forum and are allowed to know more about situations as they develop.

High War Adjudicator: Manages the Mercy Board
Newbie Wrangler: Oversees masking and training
Dongmaster: Manages finances and tech-dealing
Nation Manager: Oversees trades/trade circles, guides, and auditing

[size=4][b]Petition rights[/b][/size]
There will always be a private subforum on the GOONS boards that only members of GOONS can see. Any member can post there and raise any issue they wish, and the Government commit to discussing any matter that the membership raise. Unless the person raising the matter is trolling or just being a jerk. If the government do not get back to the membership when a legitimate question is asked, the member asking the question has permission to kick one (1) government member in the jimmy. (or if the government member is female, in the jenny).
[b][size=4]Governmental Appointments and Elections[/size][/b]
The primary method of replacing governmental vacancies will be appointment. If a suitable appointee cannot be found an election will be held. Elections may also be held if the Pilot and Co-Pilot believe somebody is not fulfilling their duties to the fullest, but do not want to outright remove them.
If a government member resigns with dignity (read: doesn't delete the forums, post gross images) they are allowed to appoint their successor, if they do not wish to appoint somebody, High Government will choose a successor, if High Government is unable to decide on a successor, the position will be elected.
[b][size=4]Trade and aid.[/size][/b]
GOONS members have a reasonable expectation that their government will assist them in finding a trade circle and in finding tech deals either as a buyer or a seller. While the government commits to making every effort in these situations, they will not and cannot guarantee any particular result.
In situations where another GOONS member is in need, GOONS may be called upon to make reasonable donations of aid, military and otherwise, to worthy causes.
[b][size=4]Foreign Relations.[/size][/b]
[b][size=3]Tech Raiding[/size][/b]
In times of peace, GOONS recognize the sovereignty and security of other alliances. An "alliance" is defined as a group of 15 or more nations. Smaller groups are recognized by the presence of diplomatic ties. Exceptions may be made both for smaller groups we wish to recognize and larger groups we do not, should the government so decide.

Unaligned nations are not afforded the protection given to alliance members, and may be attacked at the discretion of individual GOONS members. Should a GOONS member find himself under considerable retaliation while attacking an unaligned nation, the GOONS member in question should not have any reasonable expectation of official backing from GOONS government.
[b][size=3]Treaties[/size][/b]
Treaties with other alliances, of non-aggression, optional defense, mutual defense, and other forms, may be drafted by the Secretariat, but should not be considered binding on the side of GOONS unless signed by the Pilot or, in his absence, the Co-Pilot.

[b][size=3]Wartime[/size][/b]
While GOONS will endeavor to maintain peaceful relations with all recognized alliances, they accept that there are times when diplomacy must be continued by other means.
Should GOONS be called upon to make war upon another alliance, either by unilateral decision, or through treaty obligation, war will be declared following either a majority vote of the government, or decision of the Pilot.
[b][size=4]Operational Security[/size][/b]
Spying is absolutely forbidden in GOONS. Any nation found to be transmitting internal, secure GOONS-related information to any outside influence will be removed from GOONS immediately and placed on the EoG list.

[b][size=4]Amendments[/size][/b]
The charter can be amended at any time for any reason by the GOONS government. Such a change may only be done by the Pilot and a majority vote of the government.

Edited by Sardonic

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOONShoving has every confidence that GOONSadism will not falter with the changes its made.

Really though, thanks for the kind words. Congrats on the promotions/appointments, KenM, jerkdotwad, and Do Not Fear Jazz.

edit: lol @ the tags

Edited by SirWilliam

[quote]Should a GOONS member find himself under considerable retaliation while attacking an unaligned nation, the GOONS member in question should not have any reasonable expectation of official backing from GOONS government.[/quote]

Let's see if you'll follow your Constitution.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1353173987' post='3053753']

Let's see if you'll follow your Constitution.
[/quote]
Seriously, the GOONS make a charter change that deals with a long standing issue with their detractors and you immediately Pisa on it? Shameful.

Edited by Merrie Melodies

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1353171855' post='3053742']
GOONShoving has every confidence that GOONSadism will not falter with the changes its made.

Really though, thanks for the kind words. Congrats on the promotions/appointments, KenM, jerkdotwad, and Do Not Fear Jazz.

edit: lol @ the tags
[/quote]

Thanks buddy~

Good luck with the shoving.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1353175189' post='3053756']
Seriously, the GOONS make a charter change that deals with a long standing issue with their detractors and you immediately Pisa on it? Shameful.
[/quote]

You, better than anyone, should know that just because the charter says so doesn't mean that the alliance will follow it.

D34th does a wonderful job illustrating that with some you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. They'll be displeased if you have no such rule in place, and will be equally displeased even when you do. Pay them no mind, GOONSadism, not everyone can appreciate progress for what it is.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1353185298' post='3053812']
D34th does a wonderful job illustrating that with some you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. They'll be displeased if you have no such rule in place, and will be equally displeased even when you do. Pay them no mind, GOONSadism, not everyone can appreciate progress for what it is.
[/quote]

I'm not criticizing GOONS, what I'm saying is that based on GOONS history they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt, when they finally put their Constitution in action I'll congratulate them, until that happen I have all the reasons to be skeptic. Just to give you an example, \m/ in the past had a charter who forbid them to raid alliances with more than 10 members, this didn't stopped them to raid FOA who had 31 nations. Your ex-alliance gave me all the reasons to make me not believe in what they say, so I'll have to wait until GOONS walk the talk to me believe that they finally reached some sense in regards of tech raiding.

[quote name='PARTYANIMAL123' timestamp='1353176538' post='3053763']
Hooray for new GOONs government

BTW if your looking for small unprotected alliances to raid, I can help
[/quote]

Like yours?

[quote name='PARTYANIMAL123' timestamp='1353177609' post='3053767']
Holy Crap a lot of people are viewing this topic
BUM.P
[/quote]

Oh boy...

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1353185986' post='3053817']

I'm not criticizing GOONS, what I'm saying is that based on GOONS history they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt, when they finally put their Constitution in action I'll congratulate them, until that happen I have all the reasons to be skeptic. Just to give you an example, \m/ in the past had a charter who forbid them to raid alliances with more than 10 members, this didn't stopped them to raid FOA who had 31 nations. Your ex-alliance gave me all the reasons to make me not believe in what they say, so I'll have to wait until GOONS walk the talk to me believe that they finally reached some sense in regards of tech raiding.
[/quote]
If you truly gave a !@#$ about the unaligned you would embrace their decision and offer encouragement, Hell man, your rhetoric makes me feel like finding someone to raid with s declaration of "Just for you D34th"
From my point of view their change ends one of the two things I disliked about GOONS and should result in fewer people who end up on the other thing I disliked.
Given that GOONS did this for there own reasons I still say bravo GOONS!

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1353186778' post='3053822']
If you truly gave a !@#$ about the unaligned you would embrace their decision and offer encouragement, Hell man, your rhetoric makes me feel like finding someone to raid with s declaration of "Just for you D34th"
From my point of view their change ends one of the two things I disliked about GOONS and should result in fewer people who end up on the other thing I disliked.
Given that GOONS did this for there own reasons I still say bravo GOONS!
[/quote]

Read my response to Sir William and you'll realize that unlike you, I'm not the type of person who believes in someone just because they said "I've changed!". There is no problem with you being all optimistic about that, but beware: There is a fine line between optimism and naivety.

[quote name='trimm' timestamp='1353186984' post='3053823']
So, if I'm reading this correctly, you are now instituting a Raid at your own Risk policy, yes? If so, I approve.
[/quote]

Having not read the original I'll just piggy back onto this asumption and congratulate you on this move. Hopefully It gets put into practice.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1353185986' post='3053817']
[/quote]

Considering his former alliance has nothing to do with GOONS it appears you really are fishing.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1353188544' post='3053833']
Considering his former alliance has nothing to do with GOONS it appears you really are fishing.
[/quote]

You're saying to me that SirWilliam former alliance, Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism, has nothing to do with GOONSadism, the alliance I was talking about? :huh:

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1353190324' post='3053844']
You're saying to me that SirWilliam former alliance, Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism, has nothing to do with GOONSadism, the alliance I was talking about? :huh:
[/quote]

You were talking about Merrie's former alliance and comparing it to GOONS. Which is what my comment was directed at.

Edited by Emperor Marx