The City of New York

fastpaced

[center][b][i][u]New York National News [/u][/i][/b][/center]
[quote]Today is a great day for we shall break away from the chains that are know as the united states which seem to have fallen in anarchy. Not really a surprise seeing it has taken the same fate as its name sake. New York shall grow once again and become a world class city again. We shall help allies and allow them access into NYC Airspace and NYC Ports. Our Police Department will be one of the best in the world. Viva la NYC. Viva la Revolution.
Signed President Steve Lopez [/quote]

The following quote from the president has been aired on all major news services from CNN to ESPN. It seems as if the government shall be one of the best that NYC has had in a long time. They have decided City hall shall act as the Capital building and the former UN building will be a place for ambassadors of other countries. The City after much debate has also decided to reopen up New York Harbor though JFK International Airport and LaGaurdia Airport which has been renamed Washington International Airport shall stay shut for the time being.The government has already hired staff to work on a flag and renovations on Capital building.

Edited by fastpaced

[quote]Thank you. You are welcome to open up an embassy in the former UN building at any time.
Government message 5043 to [color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Terre Regius [/size][/font][/color][/quote]

Edited by fastpaced

[quote]
[u][b]Official Statement[/b][/u]
The American Commonwealth will withhold recognition of this new 'government' until we can ascertain all possible aspects of this situation. We will also confer with the Vinsalian Government, who we understand are to come into ownership of the land if the 'United States of America' ceased to be a functioning nation
[/quote]

[i]Classified[/i]
Alert orders were issued to the 4th Infantry Division to have a brigade on immediate standby alert with the rest of the division ready to move within half an hour along with several special forces units. A secure message was dispatched the Vinsalian government apprising them of the situation.

[quote]
[u][b]Private message[/b][/u]
We would like to speak from a Representative of the Vinsalian if it is possible. The sooner the better.
Gov Message 54321 to Vinsalia [/quote]

[quote]
[u][b]Private message[/b][/u]
We would like to speak from a Representative of the American commonwealth if it is possible.
Gov Message 45543 to American Commonwealth [/quote]

Edited by fastpaced

[center][b][u]NYC National News[/u][/b][/center]

[quote] New York City is still waiting on being recognized by other countries around the world [/quote] The following was a statement from President Lopez. After much decision the president has decided on a final flag designed by Loria Shore which will be shown at the bottom of the page . The president after talking to his staff has decided that Washington International Airport is back up and running though JFK shall stay closed till further notice. The government has decided unlike previous nations that have inhabited this land,NYC will not be imperialistic and as much as it would like to help its brothers on other parts of Long Island which are in anarchy it would prefer if Vinsalia would acquire the rest of Long Island.

[img]http://www.canaryzoo.com/Around%20the%20World/New%20York/flag.png[/img]

OOC: Don't except to see me around after 3 EST today. Thanks

Edited by fastpaced

[quote]
[b][u]Private Message [/u][/b]
Hello I am Steve Lopez, president of NYC
Many members of my government are interested in a base in the Pacific and i must listen to them as much as I (personnaly) would not like to be an imperialistic nation. We are wondering if you have any islands that do not serve your purpose in the pacific or if you have any cities near the pacific that you do not need. Thank you for your support and please contact us back ASAP.
P.S : You are welcome to open up a embassy at the UN building at any time
Message 34556 to Mexico
[/quote]

Edited by fastpaced

[quote name='fastpaced' timestamp='1353171604' post='3053740']
[b][u]Private Message [/u][/b]
Hello I am Steve Lopez, president of NYC
Many members of my government are interested in a base in the Pacific and i must listen to them as much as I (personnaly) would not like to be an imperialistic nation. We are wondering if you have any islands that do not serve your purpose in the pacific or if you have any cities near the pacific that you do not need. Thank you for your support and please contact us back ASAP
Message 34556 to Mexico
[/quote]

[quote]
**Private Reply**

Your government is not recognized by Mexico to be the one in charge of New York City. As you are not a nation, let alone an ally, we will deny your request unto perpetuity. Have a nice day.

Julian Ventura
Undersecretary for North America
[/quote]

Edited by Voodoo Nova

[u][i][b]Private[/b][/i][/u]
President Steve Lopez bangs his head on his desk and is sick of no nations recognizing their claim to NYC. Steve thinks about killing himself with the gun that he carries with him back from the times of anarchy but then thinking of the times of anarchy when the shortage of food almost killed all of his family and the lived through it. He says to himself "No I can not do this, NYC must become a world power and become What we used to be a long time ago". As Steve walks out of the Capital building and is about to reach his home, he sees a plane crash into the Trump Hotel

[b][i][u]Public[/u][/i][/b]
The President rushes back into the Capital building and talks to the other government officials about a public speech as soon as possible . 2 hours later the president steps onto the stage. He starts off talking about the start of the USA to the greatness of NYC and the times of anarchy and now. The President talks about how NYC harbor and Washington International Airport must be closed and how any airplane or ship wishing to travel in NYC Airspace or NYC water zones must talk to a government official before they go through the area or they will be shot down. The President has also ordered a lock-down for the city and only troops shall walk the streets. lastly the president has sent a message to foreign countries to not send ambassadors to NYC after this terrorist attack.

Edited by fastpaced

[quote]
[u][b]Public Announcement[/b][/u]
In light of these acts of terrorism the American Commonwealth will be implementing a no-fly zone over the city of New York and Long Island as well as a mandatory maritime inspection of all vessels transiting into New York Harbor. If the situation fails to improve we may be required to resort to direct intervention to preserve the peace and stability of the region. [/quote]

[i]Classified [/i]
Fighter patrols would be on station taking care not to intrude into Vinsalian airspace while naval and coast guard vessels began the enforcement of the mandatory search order. In the meantime an amphibious strike group centered around the ACNS Wasp and ACNS Bonhomme Richard was assembled off the Jersey coast and alerted for possible operations.

[b]Classified[/b]
Escalating tensions on Long Island have put J Andres troops in the Long Island Sound on standby.
Fort Adrik Annan (Rossingol)
Salty Brine Outpost (Narragansett)
Julo Duclos Outpost (New Haven)
These bases are already at capacity, but their readiness has been increased to respond to incidents if necessary.

The Hudson Bay Federation will also withhold official recognition of a new government in New York City. We hope that the many regional powers resist a huge of force as we await word from the Vinsalian government. In sake of maintaining good intentions, the Federation will be sending one Medical ship, the [i]FNS Great Hope[/i] to the southern coast of Long Island to assist in possible humanitarian relief efforts.

- Hudson Bay Office of Foreign Affairs

[center][i][b][u]NYC National News[/u][/b][/i][/center]
We have just found out that Medical Marijuana along with Gay Marriages have been accepted into NYC though Gun Laws have gotten stricter and most people are considering just not getting guns anymore. In unrelated news, NYC has been offered help by many nations and the leaders along with the common people are very grateful for this. It also seems that everyone has gotten their cell phones and cell towers to work again. Out of the mist of this attack 2 parties have emerged, The NYC Liberty party and The NYC Truth party, you can find out more about each party on their website and the current President Steve Lopez has decided to join the NYC Liberty party. The Constitution is also almost completed and a final version is excepted to be up in 2 to 3 weeks.