Igumen And His Extremist Views

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CARLSON!(That`s what i call you know, deal with it) STOP This now! I don`t care whether where allies or not, you need to learn some more, stop insultig non-christians and deal with it. If you fight him, you fight him, if you don`t, you don`t. Now peace out any wars with anybody and declar peace mode for a few days. From there we can work it out.

[quote name='Winner12345' timestamp='1351624800' post='3046739']
CARLSON!(That`s what i call you know, deal with it) STOP This now! I don`t care whether where allies or not, you need to learn some more, stop insultig non-christians and deal with it. If you fight him, you fight him, if you don`t, you don`t. Now peace out any wars with anybody and declar peace mode for a few days. From there we can work it out.
[/quote]
Peace mode will be declared in a few days. I now ask that Sanquid accepts the peace offer.

Edited by ericcarlson

[quote name='ericcarlson' timestamp='1351627774' post='3046751']
Peace mode will be declared in a few days. I now ask that Sanquid accepts the peace offer.
[/quote]He is inactive. Just let the war peace it`s self out but keep that offer on the table in case he does come back.

[quote name='Winner12345' timestamp='1351628233' post='3046752']
He is inactive. Just let the war peace it`s self out but keep that offer on the table in case he does come back.
[/quote]
Ok and once the war is over I will go into peace mode for some time

[quote name='The Polemarch' timestamp='1351628441' post='3046755']
What?? Winner12345 going around apologizing for the rogue-like antics of one of his allies and looking like the embarrassed parent for once? What's going on?
[/quote]I Know i was thinking the same thing. Hey Carlson, this is my most Archenemy, Polemarch! Polemarch, Carlson. Carlson, Polemarch.

[quote name='Winner12345' timestamp='1351628529' post='3046756']
[quote]The Polemarch, on 30 October 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:
What?? Winner12345 going around apologizing for the rogue-like antics of one of his allies and looking like the embarrassed parent for once? What's going on?[/quote]

I Know i was thinking the same thing. Hey Carlson, this is my most Archenemy, Polemarch! Polemarch, Carlson. Carlson, Polemarch.
[/quote]

Nevermind... sanity and order has been restored: you're back to being the fail-rogue, and Carlson is going around putting out the fires you've started.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Zacharias' timestamp='1353474741' post='3055424']
You all are failed rogues. Polemarch, winner, igumen, and carlson. Your constant bringing up of religion in your alliance posts and tech raids are bad and you should feel bad
[/quote]

Is this because I respectfully declined to join the alliance you are/were intending to set up? If not, then why would you try to recruit someone who you believe to be a "failed rogue"?

On the subject of "bringing up religion", I will just say that your aversion to it is consistent with your apathetic view towards different faiths. [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=113762&st=140#entry3053420"]As I already mentioned here[/url], just because you do not think religion is significant or important, it doesn't mean other people do not. You do not want to see religion brought up because you do not care to talk about it. However others may find your political views completely irrelevant, especially when every nation in the Cyberverse - bar none - is an autocracy with a president-for-life who has complete control over all finances, building schemes, military, and foreign relations.

Edited by Igumen

[quote name='Igumen' timestamp='1353491877' post='3055500']
Is this because I respectfully declined to join the alliance you are/were intending to set up? If not, then why would you try to recruit someone who you believe to be a "failed rogue"?
[/quote]

I didn't check your background before I sent you the message, which was a huge mistake on my part. Also, I have lost all intrest in making an alliance.

[quote name='Igumen' timestamp='1353491877' post='3055500']
On the subject of "bringing up religion", I will just say that your aversion to it is consistent with your apathetic view towards different faiths. [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=113762&st=140#entry3053420"]As I already mentioned here[/url], just because you do not think religion is significant or important, it doesn't mean other people do not. You do not want to see religion brought up because you do not care to talk about it. However others may find your political views completely irrelevant, especially when every nation in the Cyberverse - bar none - is an autocracy with a president-for-life who has complete control over all finances, building schemes, military, and foreign relations.
[/quote]

Did I say once religion was unimportant? Did I say once that religion was insignificant? I did not. You are correct by saying that I don't always care to discuss religion. No matter how many times you discuss the subject, the chances of you changing someone's beliefs is extremly low. So doing so is just a waste of time. You can debate which one is better, although you'd have better luck in debating 'what's better, cake or pie?'

[quote name='Zacharias' timestamp='1353523144' post='3055629']
Did I say once religion was unimportant? Did I say once that religion was insignificant? I did not. You are correct by saying that I don't always care to discuss religion. No matter how many times you discuss the subject, the chances of you changing someone's beliefs is extremly low. So doing so is just a waste of time. You can debate which one is better, although you'd have better luck in debating 'what's better, cake or pie?'
[/quote]

The same can be said of politics. In any case, I am not here to "debate" religion or try and intellectually strong-arm someone into changing their faith: this accusation probably reveals more about your own motives here than mine. I proclaim my faith and incorporate it into my nation's ethos and any IC stuff involved with that. You do the same with your political beliefs even though, as mentioned, you cannot actually run your nation along any other political system except an autocratic dictatorship.

The best you can hope for is that you "play the game" and then claim some sort of victory for your own political ideology off the back of it. I, at least, can incorporate my Christian faith into the running of my nation and allow it to inform my decisions: for example by how I interact with other nations, the way I use the aid system, and the way I wage war.

There's a very simple way of avoiding discussion of religion with me, and it doesn't involve trying to shame ("it's bad and you should feel bad") other people into shutting up about it. I know you're smart enough to work out what that simple way is.

[quote name='Igumen' timestamp='1353531356' post='3055737']
The same can be said of politics. In any case, I am not here to "debate" religion or try and intellectually strong-arm someone into changing their faith: this accusation probably reveals more about your own motives here than mine. I proclaim my faith and incorporate it into my nation's ethos and any IC stuff involved with that. You do the same with your political beliefs even though, as mentioned, you cannot actually run your nation along any other political system except an autocratic dictatorship.
[/quote]

I really don't understand why you are implying all of these things from my posts. There is not a problem with telling people about your religion. I have not once said otherwise. I have said once you start declaring war on Islamic nations because you want people to change their national religion, or in the case of Polemarch, deliberetly spying and attacking Jewish nations based on their faith, that has gone to far.

As for my so called "motives" I have yet to come up with some. I have not once tried to change other's views on the religious and political aspects through CN. So your assumption of my suppossed motives are honestly disrespectful.

The best you can hope for is that you "play the game" and then claim some sort of victory for your own political ideology off the back of it. I, at least, can incorporate my Christian faith into the running of my nation and allow it to inform my decisions: for example by how I interact with other nations, the way I use the aid system, and the way I wage war.
[/quote]

As you have said, you can't incorporate you RL beliefs into your nation. I'm an agnostic and yet my national religion is Sihkism. Im a Communist and yet my government is a Monarchy. If I had to declare war, someone having a leftist government or not having a religion isn't going to change my mind. Again, It isn't bad to express your religious beliefs, however there is a time and place for it. And a nation simulation game isn't one of them

There's a very simple way of avoiding discussion of religion with me, and it doesn't involve trying to shame ("it's bad and you should feel bad") other people into shutting up about it. I know you're smart enough to work out what that simple way is.
[/quote]

I believe I said that only once, maybe one other time on a different subject not involving religion. I do not regret saying what I did. It fit the subject. However if shaming you into stop mentioning religion was my sole purpose in my first post in this topic, It obviously failed. That wasn't my purpose by the way

Edited by Zacharias

[quote name='Zacharias' timestamp='1353537807' post='3055797']
I really don't understand why you are implying all of these things from my posts. There is not a problem with telling people about your religion. I have not once said otherwise. I have said once you start declaring war on Islamic nations because you want people to change their national religion, or in the case of Polemarch, deliberetly spying and attacking Jewish nations based on their faith, that has gone to far.
[/quote]

Then why mention my name, and do so on this thread? Where have I declared war on [i]any[/i] nation for [i]any [/i]reason?

This is not an alliance announcement, it is one person, saying another person offends them, then those two arguing on the forums, it is in fact just pointless, it should either be moved to nation RP section or just stuck in a corner somewhere

The 2,000 topics and posts by IAFG are clogging up the forums and just serve to annoy people more, alliances shouldn't have more active topics than they have alliance members

[size=4][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Consider yourself lucky im responding to this. Normally i would just ignore since you have come to be a pest on the OWF but i feel the need to correct you on certain things. If some of my points below have already been said i apologize i just didnt bother reading all the comments

1. This is not the forum to talk about this. Also, in previous announcements here you've had a tendency to talk big like your alliance matters when it really does not. I suggest you stop that.

2. If [color=#282828]Igumen really doesnt like non-christian religions why do you care? Everyone is entitled to their opinion and unless his comments have been seriously offensive(which they clearly havent been since Admin has allowed him to post here still) then bring it up with Admin. I dont need to see how you feel about this guy[/color]

[color=#282828]3. [/color][quote name='ericcarlson' timestamp='1351558402' post='3046545']
Frankly I find this to be a problem that could only grow into a religious war if we do not come to a peaceful agreement now.
[/quote]

No. This will not result in a "religious war." I can assure you that no nation with 2,873.580NS and a one man AA is going to be the cause of a war of such. And what kind of peace agreement do you even have in mind? A "Stop hating non-christian religions agreement?" [/font][/size]

[size=4][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]4. [quote name='ericcarlson' timestamp='1351558402' post='3046545']
I feel that any non-Christian government is not safe with this Igumen and his nation around.
[/quote]

My national religion happens to be Christianity. Let's say it wasnt that. Look at my nation and tell me if you still feel that any non-christian nation isnt safe.

As you can see here. I literally took each one of your sentences and found an error. You need to think about what you say and where you say it. Although not everyone has said it, you are a pest here on the OWF and i suggest you take your concerns elsewhere. I also suggest you re-roll because your reputation is destroyed. Finally, go join another alliance. An alliance that is as dumb as these statements you have made on the OWF. I can think of at [b]least [/b]5 alliances that would suit you nicely.[/font][/size]

[center][size=4][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][img]http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/g/go_away_noob-12269.jpg[/img][/font][/size][/center]