The Official Grand Opening of the International Armed Forces Group

Winner12345

Translated (not that it makes any more sense):

[quote]"People oppose you, yet, having no substantial opinion, say the contrary because they do not think that your intellectual level is that of theirs - that is, in itself, a sign of ignorance."

-Winner1234[/quote]

Edited by BKlein

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Winner12345' timestamp='1352763434' post='3051576']
People oppose, with no real opinion, yet they say the opposite of what you say simply because they don`t think your intellectual level is that of theres, yet that is a sign of ignorance in it`s self - A Quote Brought to you by Winner12345.
[/quote]
[color=#0000ff]You flatter yourself. In my time I've made some enemies, and others have made an enemy in me. Despite some rather severe disagreements and engagements, with some rather severe consequences for us all, I at least have some level of respect for these individuals. I can recognize them as capable and as intelligent, and they are able to see those same traits in me. We are also all able to realize our own limitations, and therefore possess some level of humility.[/color]

[color=#0000ff]You sir, on the other hand, have demonstrated yourself time after time to be an utter fool. You have little understanding of anything that goes on around you. Worst yet, you have an ego and haven't done the slightest of things to earn it. Do not dare proclaim yourself to be my enemy. You are beneath my contempt.[/color]

[color=#0000ff]On a final note, I do not feel the need to quote myself.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1352766743' post='3051601']
[color=#0000ff]You flatter yourself. In my time I've made some enemies, and others have made an enemy in me. Despite some rather severe disagreements and engagements, with some rather severe consequences for us all, I at least have some level of respect for these individuals. I can recognize them as capable and as intelligent, and they are able to see those same traits in me. We are also all able to realize our own limitations, and therefore possess some level of humility.[/color]

[color=#0000ff]You sir, on the other hand, have demonstrated yourself time after time to be an utter fool. You have little understanding of anything that goes on around you. Worst yet, you have an ego and haven't done the slightest of things to earn it. Do not dare proclaim yourself to be my enemy. You are beneath my contempt.[/color]

[color=#0000ff]On a final note, I do not feel the need to quote myself.[/color]
[/quote]Well we all have our own opinions of each other, public and private. I do things the way i want. I don`t need someone telling me how to do something.

And it is always nessacary to quote myself.

[quote name='PARTYANIMAL123' timestamp='1352833675' post='3051895']
The SDU launches new campaign against mass islam and totalitarian states
[/quote]Islam is OK, just not the wackos who believe in Sharia Law.

[quote name='PARTYANIMAL123' timestamp='1352833675' post='3051895']
The SDU launches new campaign against mass islam and totalitarian states
[/quote]
I see your not a fan of religious freedom

[quote name='PARTYANIMAL123' timestamp='1352833686' post='3051896']
And JIHADISTS
[/quote]
Technically Jihadists are Muslims...

Edited by Zacharias

[quote name='Zacharias' timestamp='1352846510' post='3051969']
I see your not a fan of religious freedom

Technically Jihadists are Muslims...
[/quote]False. Jihadists is a Religous Warrior. SO technically a Jihadists could be a Buddhist, Tao, Christian, or whatever.

"Jihad" appears in the Qur'an[i] [/i]primarily within the expression [i]"al-jihad fi sabil Allah[/i]," or "striving in the way of God." Only recently has its meaning been vilified and skewed by a number of sources. For example, according to some Gallup polls, a majority of Indonesian Muslims believe it to mean what the West largely believes it to mean, whereas many Lebanese, Kuwaiti, and Moroccans believe it carries no militaristic connotations.

So what am I saying? You guys are young; it's good that you're formulating opinions / thinking about the world around you. I don't even advise you to be less fervent with your views (heck, perhaps you're just trolling us all with some amazing role-playing). Just know that, chances are, your views will evolve with time, hopefully ultimately becoming more refined, more nuanced, more precise.

Seriousness aside, I guess this amounts to a bump. :awesome:

[quote name='Winner12345' timestamp='1352846669' post='3051971']
False. Jihadists is a Religous Warrior. SO technically a Jihadists could be a Buddhist, Tao, Christian, or whatever.
[/quote]

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Jihadist
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/jihadist
http://www.quranicstudies.com/jihad/the-meaning-of-jihad/

Your false. It is someone who participates in a Jihad

[quote name='BKlein' timestamp='1352849070' post='3051983']
So what am I saying? You guys are young; it's good that you're formulating opinions / thinking about the world around you. I don't even advise you to be less fervent with your views (heck, perhaps you're just trolling us all with some amazing role-playing). Just know that, chances are, your views will evolve with time, hopefully ultimately becoming more refined, more nuanced, more precise.

Seriousness aside, I guess this amounts to a bump. :awesome:
[/quote]

Thanks. I'm not the typical teen (I'm 17) who just sits around and does nothing all day. I read through this stuff and make opinions. Of course that isn't the only thing I do but you know :P

BUMP

[quote name='Winner12345' timestamp='1352846669' post='3051971']
False. Jihadists is a Religous Warrior. SO technically a Jihadists could be a Buddhist, Tao, Christian, or whatever.
[/quote]

Not really, as [i]jihad[/i] comes from Arabic, and Arabic is not the traditional language for those faiths. Therefore whilst there are Arabic-speaking Christians (and the chances are there will be Arabic-speaking Taoists and Buddhists), and whilst most religions contain some element of struggle and warfare (even if only spiritual), it is unlikely that anyone other than a Muslim would identify themselves as a "jihadist" specifically.

Plus, Jihadist is an English word, derived from Arabic, and the common usage is a Muslim involved in violent struggle and, usually, terrorism. Whilst BKlein's point might add some nuance to how different people interpret the Arabic word Jihad, this does not take away from the common usage of the Arabic-English word "Jihadist". The latter does refer to Muslims alone (though not all Muslims).

[quote name='Zacharias' timestamp='1352926242' post='3052377']
If I'm not mistaken, a Jihad is a pilgrimage to the holy land, which is Mecca and Jerusalem (There may be another, I'm not to sure)
[/quote]

The pilgrimage to Mecca, which Muslims are obliged to carry out at least once in their lives, is called the Hajj. The word is Arabic for pilgrimage so I presume it is also used for any pilgrimage among Arab-speakers (whether Muslim or otherwise).

[quote name='PARTYANIMAL123' timestamp='1352965031' post='3052730']
The Ta'i faith, the Baha'i faith, sikhism, Hinduism, Juadism, Taoism, Shinto, Norse
[/quote]

So you consider Norse a true religion, but not Islam? I can't tell if you are a troll or just ignorant (most likely both). I would just start looking up an bunch of statistics and whatever else to get you to change your views, but it wouldn't be worth the time. I'll just say this, I'm an Agnostic, ( Just in case you don't know what that is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism) but I don't say all, or any, religions aren't true because I don't agree with it