Change Senator Formula

Right now, I am a senator on team white. 25 people have voted in all and one senator needs 30 votes to issue a sanction. So... this is pretty much impossible. Nearly 70% of all teams have less than 50 people and yet to even create a team message one senator needs 25 votes.

I think the requirement for senators to take action should be reduced dramatically and based on a percentage.

For example, a senator must have 10% of the total nations on a team's votes in order to be able to do anything. This way, the senate election will actually mean something.

50 nations = 5 votes needed for sanctions, team messages

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1349747139' post='3038835']
White has 885 nations on it - nowhere close to 50. 10% would make your requirement 89 nations.
[/quote]

This is a TE suggestion :P

[quote name='SwazzTE' timestamp='1349745097' post='3038813']
Right now, I am a senator on team white. 25 people have voted in all and one senator needs 30 votes to issue a sanction. So... this is pretty much impossible. Nearly 70% of all teams have less than 50 people and yet to even create a team message one senator needs 25 votes.

I think the requirement for senators to take action should be reduced dramatically and based on a percentage.

For example, a senator must have 10% of the total nations on a team's votes in order to be able to do anything. This way, the senate election will actually mean something.

50 nations = 5 votes needed for sanctions, team messages
[/quote]

You need 30 votes over 3 voting periods. Thats geting 10 nations to vote for you.

• 4 weeks later...

Or why don`t you just change it to:

top three vote getters get Control overs Sanctions and Messages. If there is a tie, the nation with a higher strength gets elected.

[quote name='SwazzTE' timestamp='1352747691' post='3051392']
Yeah that works too.
[/quote]No it just makes since. In the majority of teams, no one gets even close to 25. In my team only nine total people voted. I mean it just doesn`t make since.

Well, a suggestion for the OP's team would be to direct all of their votes to one candidate instead of three. Citadel currently has three candidates with a total of 30 votes. Put all of those votes towards one person, and you can sanction all you want.

But I agree with Thomasj

[quote]I say we just get rid of Senators in TE. Not needed.[/quote]

Edited by Jesusfreak

• 3 years later...