Announcement from the Viridian Entente

[CENTER][IMG]http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh149/Impero55/AS6veLordAnnouncement.png[/IMG]

[B][SIZE=3]Treaty Cancellation[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]

The Global Order of Darkness and the Viridian Entente have been allies and friends for longer than most of us have existed on this planet. Our histories, for better or worse, have been intricately intertwined. The bond between our alliances permeated our respective cultures, and in many respects helped shape who we would become. As time progressed and the political landscape of this world changed with every passing year, neither of us ever let communication lapse or let the distance between us grow too far. Maintaining this unique allied dynamic was an ever present priority, and a duty we bore with no regrets.

Today though, we must put the past away. After long and dutiful consideration at both the membership and government level, it is my duty to announce the cancellation of the Balkan Entente treaty pursuant to Article 5. There comes a time when if one wishes to continue to grow as a culture, you must view the future from the present looking forward. It is for this reason, and this reason alone, that we have decided to take this path.

I want it to be known that there is no underlying drama here, no incident or issue of the past or present which spurred this action. This is not about dislike, and this has nothing to do neither with this past war nor with any outside parties. We wish GOD no ill will, and harbor absolutely no animosity towards them for any reason.

Lastly, I would like to say thank you to GOD, Xiphosis, and every nation who has ever wore the Global Order of Darkness alliance affiliation. Your name will always be honored within our halls, and we will always count you as friends.

[B]Signed for the Viridian Entente[/B]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/shlVA.gif[/IMG]

Impero, Lord of the Entente
Goldie, Duke of the Entente
Supreme 142, Secretary of Defense
Ging, Secretary of the Interior
Deviousfairie, Secretary of State
Asawyer, Secretary of Economics

Edited by Il Impero Romano

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1344730436' post='3020958']
Is that the last uncancelable treaty? Can we stop pretending those are a good idea?
[/quote]

Actually, the treaty has always included both a cancellation and an amendment clause (referred to in the OP). I'm not sure how that myth got started, but it really became widespread even though it was never the case.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1344730702' post='3020959']
Actually, the treaty has always included both a cancellation and an amendment clause (referred to in the OP). I'm not sure how that myth got started, but it really became widespread even though it was never the case.
[/quote]

Really? I could have sworn that I saw the original treaty and it did not include that clause.

In any case good luck to you both.

Politics can suck at times.

Still much respect for defending GOD in the last war and leaving this announcement till post war when the dust had settled.

Best of luck to my good friends in GOD I know this was a treaty that meant a lot to them and not just from recent times when outsiders would view this as a politically advantagous tie but well well before then when this treaty was forged in true friendship and alliegence.

Here's to moving forward.