Why shouldn't I quit?

Viluin

Recently, I performed a few rogue attacks for a personal reason, and boredom. Unfortunately, things grew a little out of control, and I find myself in a troubling situation. Two alliances in the game, the GPA and NpO, don't seem to be very forgiving. After a few days of war I decided to probe for peace terms. The GPA wants $486 million in reps, the NpO wants $90 million and 2000 tech in reps, and I had only performed two ground attacks and 2 cruise missiles on the NpO at that point. This would obviously take an agonizingly long time to pay off, there is no way anyone could agree to this in CN's final days. Unfortunately there's no middle ground, such as "two rounds of war and we're done", it's either huge reps or eternal war until my nation is completely depleted. Talking to my enemies is pointless, they will not budge and one of them (I will not say which) has taken this opportunity to display outright thuggish behavior in their negotiations with me. I have been sanctioned on most (important) teams and none of them will lift the sanction despite me explaining the situation. I had a rogue trade circle, but it fell apart and I probably won't find a new one, which means I have to mess around with unreliable random trades. Not looking forward to that, especially not while fighting endless wars.

The only reason why I'm still around is because I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger after 5 years. But all of my options suck majorly, so why shouldn't I? What would you do?

PS: I have 6 billion dollars, but it seems like a waste of time to fight a solo war for that long.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1340024816' post='2987574']
Recently, I performed a few rogue attacks for a personal reason, and boredom. Unfortunately, things grew a little out of control, and I find myself in a troubling situation. Two alliances in the game, the GPA and NpO, don't seem to be very forgiving. After a few days of war I decided to probe for peace terms. The GPA wants $486 million in reps, the NpO wants $90 million and 2000 tech in reps, and I had only performed two ground attacks and 2 cruise missiles on the NpO at that point. This would obviously take an agonizingly long time to pay off, there is no way anyone could agree to this in CN's final days. Unfortunately there's no middle ground, such as "two rounds of war and we're done", it's either huge reps or eternal war until my nation is completely depleted. Talking to my enemies is pointless, they will not budge and one of them (I will not say which) has taken this opportunity to display outright thuggish behavior in their negotiations with me. I have been sanctioned on most (important) teams and none of them will lift the sanction despite me explaining the situation. I had a rogue trade circle, but it fell apart and I probably won't find a new one, which means I have to mess around with unreliable random trades. Not looking forward to that, especially not while fighting endless wars.

The only reason why I'm still around is because I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger after 5 years. But all of my options suck majorly, so why shouldn't I? What would you do?

PS: I have 6 billion dollars, but it seems like a waste of time to fight a solo war for that long.
[/quote]

Sell down and wage war on their lower tiers until your nation runs out of cash.

Or join an alliance that doesn't like NpO and is stronger and has the power to just wave them off and protect you. Or speak to MK they like accepting people on ZI lists, but they may say no due to it not suiting there motives or needs.

With 6 billion though I'd wage war on their lower tiers for months and months. It's only pixels.

90 million seems fair.

LOL AT GPA's 468 million though, where did they pull that figure from?

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1340024952' post='2987575']
90 million seems fair.

LOL AT GPA's 468 million though, where did they pull that figure from?
[/quote]NpO is 150 million as the tech is another 60 million at 100/3million. Just saying.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1340025522' post='2987580']
So basically, you went rogue on two alliances and are now butthurt that there were consequences for doing so? Cry more.
[/quote]
He means, at this point in the game you face giant reps or eternal war for any infraction of the "rules" of planet bob, such as roguing or spying. Honestly roguing and spying should happen more often, planet bob is too boring right now.

[quote name='Icewolf' timestamp='1340025514' post='2987579']
NpO is 150 million as the tech is another 60 million at 100/3million. Just saying.
[/quote]

Either or, it doesn't make them massive reps, The GPA reps are humerus though.

Will put it the same way I put it with another situation recently. Man up. You have played for 5 years so it wasn't like one of those new players who joined an alliance and decided okay there is this war function I'm bored so lets find someone I could hit. If you could see if you could take a ZI which may be easier then spending months paying off what they ask (I honestly don't know how they figure since my nation is one and a half year old but going off of a nation I saw ZIed and how fast it rebounded afterwards), or just find someone who could help talk to them about it.

[quote name='Unkajo' timestamp='1340025834' post='2987581']
He means, at this point in the game you face giant reps or eternal war for any infraction of the "rules" of planet bob, such as roguing or spying. Honestly roguing and spying should happen more often, planet bob is too boring right now.
[/quote]

Except he doesn't. He has a 6 billion dollar warchest that he can continue to spend until NpO and GPA are sick of him and just want him to go away, at which point he will probably get a much better offer. He rogued on his terms on alliances who didn't want him to rogue them, and now those alliances get to pick the conditions by which he is released from being attacked. I just can't feel sympathetic. It isn't like he's completely broke and bill locked and will delete without leniency. Maybe if GPA and NpO knew he wasn't considering deleting his nation and ridding them of the problem by default, they would offer him lower terms since they'd be stuck dealing with him if he didn't accept. I don't know, but to pretend like 1/10th of this guys warchest are crippling massive reps and that GPA is some kind of powerbroking hegemon is !@#$@#$ retarded.

It's not the size of the reps that is the issue, but the fact that it would take around 9 months or more to pay them off. That's 9 months as a POW - I'd rather quit. Simple.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1340024952' post='2987575']
Sell down and wage war on their lower tiers until your nation runs out of cash.[/quote]

I can think of better ways to spend my time.. There is no fun involved in such a long war, all by yourself (been there before). I'm a perfectionist and it'd become too much of a time sink in my life. I can't just log in with no trades, fire some nukes and forget about it for the rest of the day. That would be worse than simply deleting.

[quote]90 million seems fair.
[/quote]

$90 million and 2000(!) tech straight from my coffers for two cruise missiles and two ground attacks?

Edited by Viluin

6 billion, saved up over numerous years, and all you want to do is roll over and quit? That would make all your time war chest saving wasted. At least go until that money's gone. This is the fun part, the roguing is a good release for people who are bored with the game. Plus, your nation is large enough that if you do pull the trigger, you'll be kicking yourself if you ever wish to return. You'll come back, they all come back.

You're going about this the wrong way dude. Rather then whining, you should create your own one man alliance, post a DoE in the Alliance announcements and declare war on your foes in the name of some deity or ideal. With 6 Billion you can wage war for months and then piggy back on a peace treaty when your enemies get into a war with their enemies.

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/OP-GOD_War

Edited by Aeros

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1340026465' post='2987596']
You're going about this the wrong way dude. Rather then whining, you should create your own one man alliance, post a DoE in the Alliance announcements and declare war on your foes in the name of some deity or ideal. With 6 Billion you can wage war for months and then piggy back on a peace treaty when your enemies get into a war with their enemies.

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/OP-GOD_War
[/quote]

And when is the GPA going to be involved in a war? Yeah, exactly. Maybe when the game shuts down. :rolleyes:

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1340026602' post='2987599']
And when is the GPA going to be involved in a war? Yeah, exactly. Maybe when the game shuts down. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

So then, make them work for their money. With 6 Billion you could nuke turret them for months. Knowing GPA they will probably pay you to go away after awhile.

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1340026693' post='2987600']
So then, make them work for their money. With 6 Billion you could nuke turret them for months. Knowing GPA they will probably pay you to go away after awhile.
[/quote]

Why would they want me to go away? They have literally nothing else to do in this game. And what's the fun in being a nuke turret against a neutral alliance for months? :gag: What a waste of time and resources.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1340026778' post='2987602']
Why would they want me to go away? They have literally nothing else to do in this game. And what's the fun in being a nuke turret against a neutral alliance for months? :gag: What a waste of time and resources.
[/quote]

What the hell do you expect? [i]You[/i] made the decision to go to war. You don't get to piss and moan and say it's a waste of your time. If your time was so valuable you wouldn't have a nation that took years and a hell of a lot of time to build. Get off your high horse, you're not too good for anything. All you posted this topic for was the attention anyway, so if you're just going to look down your nose at everyone by saying you don't have time for the game (the whole "we don't take this seriously" bit is used by everyone in this game, nobody's ego will let them believe they're the same as everyone else here. It's always so transparent it's sad), then you should have just walked out the door already. Drop the act.

Edited by Stonewall Jaxon

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1340026778' post='2987602']
[/quote]

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=130747&Extended=0

ROFL

You're sitting in peace mode negotiating, no wonder you're getting such high offers for reps.

What's fun for them in their subsidising the costs of your misconduct?

If you really don't want to be responsible for your actions for months, and you don't want to quit, then there is an option open to you. Re-roll. Sure it still has a cost associated with it (your present nation and its resources) but time wise it's about a month at most!

Edited by Shan Revan

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1340027002' post='2987605']
What the hell do you expect? [i]You[/i] made the decision to go to war. You don't get to piss and moan and say it's a waste of your time. If your time was so valuable you wouldn't have a nation that took years and a hell of a lot of time to build. Get off your high horse, you're not too good for anything. All you posted this topic for was the attention anyway, so if you're just going to look down your nose at everyone by saying you don't have time for the game (the whole "we don't take this seriously" bit is used by everyone in this game, nobody's ego will let them believe they're the same as everyone else here. It's always so transparent it's sad), then you should have just walked out the door already. Drop the act.
[/quote]

I didn't raid those alliances expecting eternal war or eternal reps. Especially not considering the damage that was done. I performed no attacks on the NpO nation for two days after the initial strike, then I heard they want 2000 tech. I even offered peace to one of the vulnerable GPA nations I attacked, he had no warchest and I let him peace out before nukes were fired. The other guy I attacked had more money than I do, it's a mosquito bite to him.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1340027019' post='2987606']
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=130747&Extended=0

ROFL

You're sitting in peace mode negotiating, no wonder you're getting such high offers for reps.
[/quote]

I was at war during the negotiations. When it became clear that the situation was impossible to resolve, I fled to peace mode to think about what to do next.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1340026280' post='2987592']
It's not the size of the reps that is the issue, but the fact that it would take around 9 months or more to pay them off. That's 9 months as a POW - I'd rather quit. Simple.

I can think of better ways to spend my time.. There is no fun involved in such a long war, all by yourself (been there before). I'm a perfectionist and it'd become too much of a time sink in my life. I can't just log in with no trades, fire some nukes and forget about it for the rest of the day. That would be worse than simply deleting.

$90 million and 2000(!) tech straight from my coffers for two cruise missiles and two ground attacks?
[/quote]

What and you expected to just get away with paying battle damages? are you that stupid?

they terms are for punitive costs also.

Quit then you big cry baby, why come on here posting at all with the whinge fest. You asked for advice we gave you it.

Do as you wish.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1340027439' post='2987613']
What and you expected to just get away with paying battle damages? are you that stupid?

they terms are for punitive costs also.

Quit then you big cry baby, why come on here posting at all with the whinge fest. You asked for advice we gave you it.

Do as you wish.
[/quote]

If the situation doesn't improve soon, I will quit, yes. Peace mode isn't really an option either cause I'm losing boatloads of money every day.