Hellas DOW

Alexandros o Megas

[quote name='Alexandros o Megas' timestamp='1335159874' post='2957663']
Your relation with Snakes is nothing less than a hidden treaty.
[/quote]
Actually, an open treaty. They're our training alliance; new TPC players go to CoS to learn the basics of CN:TE.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Chess Tyrant' timestamp='1335160141' post='2957672']
Actually, an open treaty. They're our training alliance; new TPC players go to CoS to learn the basics of CN:TE.
[/quote]

Yeah I think Hellas did not know CoS was with TPC. A solution could be: drop arms and white peace out. TPC is a classic team, they have shaped TE. Hellas is and will be a great alliance TE has taken notice.

[quote name='Hoosierbud' timestamp='1335160892' post='2957674']
Yeah I think Hellas did not know CoS was with TPC. A solution could be: drop arms and white peace out. TPC is a classic team, they have shaped TE. Hellas is and will be a great alliance TE has taken notice.
[/quote]

It means a lot coming from you guys. Appreciate that.

[quote name='Hoosierbud' timestamp='1335160892' post='2957674']
[/quote]

[quote]About Cradle of Snakes: Forum link above ... Protected by The Phoenix Cobras [/quote]

Yep Yep, nothing to see there.

[quote name='NeSiRsItSiRhC' timestamp='1335161295' post='2957677']
It means a lot coming from you guys. Appreciate that.
[/quote]

You obviously know little if you think that a complement from Hoosier about being a good alliance means a lot.

/me thinks back to a Hoosier controlled Roman Empire

:gag:

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1335161897' post='2957681']
Yep Yep, nothing to see there.

You obviously know little if you think that a complement from Hoosier about being a good alliance means a lot.

/me thinks back to a Hoosier controlled Roman Empire

:gag:
[/quote]

You guys give so much advice in the form of insults (Thank you btw). I figure I'll give you some.

Advice: A little common decency and respect. :)

Heck, even the REAL Roman Empire burned after massive oppression.

Edited by NeSiRsItSiRhC

[quote name='NeSiRsItSiRhC' timestamp='1335159636' post='2957659']
Everyone's half truths, lies and hypocrisy are going to catch up to them. Whether this round or in future rounds. It's time for honesty and end to the pathetic bickering.
It's time Virtues take precedence over personal attacks, brute force and arrogance.
[/quote]
There's no half truth, lies, or hypocrisy in anything that I said. Hellas agreed to keep the war with CoS non-nuclear to prevent TPC exercising their right to protect their training AA. Hellas nuked anyway, and thus forfeit the agreement keeping TPC out.

After hearing the explanation from Tevron in #tpc-te, I'll retract the bandwagon statement. Ill-advised to be sure, but they do not seem to be attempting to take advantage of the situation like certain other alliances have been.

[quote name='jraenar' timestamp='1335162954' post='2957689']
There's no half truth, lies, or hypocrisy in anything that I said. Hellas agreed to keep the war with CoS non-nuclear to prevent TPC exercising their right to protect their training AA. Hellas nuked anyway, and thus forfeit the agreement keeping TPC out.

After hearing the explanation from Tevron in #tpc-te, I'll retract the bandwagon statement. Ill-advised to be sure, but they do not seem to be attempting to take advantage of the situation like certain other alliances have been.
[/quote]

Been telling you guys that the whole time, then someone you respect comes in and persuades you. I suggest you really consider what else I said because I only speak the truth.

[quote name='Chess Tyrant' timestamp='1335126246' post='2957283']
I am loathe to post in this thread again, but I'd rather step in to provide a timeline than let anyone just arriving sort through the entire mess trying to piece together what happened. So here's the order of events that has led us to our current position:

1) 4/20: Hellas declares war on CoS.

2) 4/21: It looks like a downdeclare, but after spying away all of Team Beta's nukes, they agree to a nonnuclear war. The stats are pretty fair. Since CoS is TPC's training alliance, Einer decides to spy someone's warchest to confirm it really is a balanced war. The result? Yeah, it's pretty fair.

3)

BadWolf decides that since TPC intervened by spying his warchest, the terms and circumstances of the war are sufficiently changed that the use of nuclear weapons is acceptable. He posts this fifteen minutes before the update and doesn't bother mailing anyone, so the time for diplomatic response is limited.

4) 4/22: BadWolf nukes two players from CoS shortly after the update.

5) ~1:00 AM: Since TPC doesn't think he had a good case for nuking, we decide that his nuclear attacks constitute a breach of the terms of battle. Three TPC players declare on him, and Team Beta buys up enough NS to acquire and launch another nuke.
[/quote]

I would phrase it this way from what I've gathered.

1) Hellas attacks Cradle of Snakes.
2) Somebody says "omgwtf nuke advantage! unfair!", Hellas says "We won't use nukes."
3) Somebody in TPC spies somebody in Hellas for intel.
4) Hellas says "thats improper, we're using nukes"
5) Hellas uses nukes.
6) TPC says "excessive force! excessive force!" and gets involved.
7) New Desolate Order gets involved.
8) And we're here in the present.

Lets not gloss over the spying for intel. It was an inappropriate act, and if a member of my alliance was spied on for intel by somebody who we weren't at war with, and we find who did it, we would do everything in our power to flatten their ass into a pancake and ensure they learn their lesson.

If you are not at war with them or planning to immediately engage them in war, then it is absolutely improper for you to spy on them, regardless if it was to gather intelligence or for something entirely different. TPC were bystanders to this war, and they had absolutely no reason to become involved. Without nukes, it looked to be a very fair war, The non-nuclear numbers weren't particularly an advantage to anybody. Sure there were some differences, as there always are. Had TPC done what was reasonable and logical, and stayed out, this would have been so much smoother.

I understand that CoS is a TPC protectorate, but are you even going to go as far as to keep them out of fair wars? Sometimes you've got to have enough trust in somebody to let them take care of their own affairs as much as they possibly can. Either you aim for them to get a free-pass to grow at their leisure, or you don't trust them enough to be able to handle a pretty fairly matched war. Neither one of those things is particularly impressive.

I think there is another (more condensed, just as accurate) account of how things went down.

1) Hellas declares war on CoS
2) TPC does something, it backfires.
3) "my bad, let me fix that" says TPC.
4) TPC does something else, it backfires (again).

Obviously I wish all parties the best of luck in cleaning up this mess as quickly as they can. It is stupid, and god forbid it need to get any uglier.

[quote name='NeSiRsItSiRhC' timestamp='1335163255' post='2957690']
Been telling you guys that the whole time, then someone you respect comes in and persuades you. I suggest you really consider what else I said because I only speak the truth.
[/quote]
Hard to respect someone you don't know. I never heard of Tevron until the NDO declaration was posted.

[quote name='NeSiRsItSiRhC' timestamp='1335162573' post='2957686']
You guys give so much advice in the form of insults (Thank you btw). I figure I'll give you some.

Advice: A little common decency and respect. :)

Heck, even the REAL Roman Empire burned after massive oppression.
[/quote]

Sad part is that it was more truth than insult :unsure:

[quote name='Chess Tyrant' timestamp='1335160141' post='2957672']
[/quote]

I was glancing through previous round winners and 2 or 3 (Not sure exactly) of your "training" nations were previous top 10 nations... How can you reason that to me?