Hellas DOW

Alexandros o Megas

heh. Seriously, when I left TE a few rounds ago, there was a lot of crying from certain parties about all the down-declares that occurred. Now it seems those same parties can only down-declare themselves. Stay classy TE. Stay classy.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='King James XVIII' timestamp='1335074769' post='2957010']
Instead of reasoning with me and holding off on using nukes, you used an entirely disproportionate amount of force. That is your right as the leader of a sovereign alliance. I'm invoking my right to respond. To be clear, we have [u]no issue[/u] with Hellas as a whole and we hope to keep it that way.

As long as no one else uses nukes in this war against nukeless CoS nations, TPC will only focus its fire on one nation.
[/quote]

From what I can see, CoS used the first nukes not Hellas. And since Northern Sector aka Team Beta was the first to nuke, he obviously was not a nukeless CoS nation. So why are you hitting Alexandros?

[quote name='Einer' timestamp='1335096435' post='2957090']
[img]http://i.imgur.com/v1u1S.png[/img]

Does this clarify the timeline for you?
[/quote]

My bad. I made a mistake and misread. It is early and I got little sleep last night. But thanks for the personal attack instead of simply showing where I made a mistake. You made yourself look like a mature and completely reasonable person with your reply though. Great job...

[quote name='Einer' timestamp='1335096435' post='2957090']
[img]http://i.imgur.com/v1u1S.png[/img]

Does this clarify the timeline for you?
[/quote]

To comment the caption in your image, what is the point in being totally disrespectful/degrading to another person? Hopefully your leadership realizes how immature and unpredictable you are. You are the reason why this was escalated and could potentially escalate higher in the first place.

Either way, continue to belittle everyone, I see your posts not only just in this thread. I feel sorry for you.

-- Casey

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1335096934' post='2957096']
My bad. I made a mistake and misread. It is early and I got little sleep last night. But thanks for the personal attack instead of simply showing where I made a mistake. You made yourself look like a mature and completely reasonable person with your reply though. Great job...
[/quote]
I don't see any personal attacks there. Einer is a very mature and extremly reasonable person indeed, a real asset for any alliance.
He is doing a great job each round, I agree with you on that one.
This entire conflict appeared out of nothing. It's not like members of Hellas don't know anybody in TPC's gov. All that could've been avoided.

It's good to hear from you again Kong. Haven't seen you since Citadel dissolved.

I'm with Kong on this one (partially), but we (Hellas) have a forum, you have an embassy in our forum. TPC could've contacted us before attacking.

The damage is done and this is a game made for war.

Have fun!

Edited by Eljierro

[quote name='Alexandros o Megas' timestamp='1335110270' post='2957142']
People who know us in TPC could simply explain to its new leaders that we will fight till our last pixel not been afraid of their threats, is n't it? ...
[/quote]

And people who know your AA who are not in could explain to you that only you will fight to your last pixel. Doubt too many others are willing face nuclear annihilation with you on this one

I am loathe to post in this thread again, but I'd rather step in to provide a timeline than let anyone just arriving sort through the entire mess trying to piece together what happened. So here's the order of events that has led us to our current position:

1) 4/20: Hellas declares war on CoS.

2) 4/21: It looks like a downdeclare, but after spying away all of Team Beta's nukes, they agree to a nonnuclear war. The stats are pretty fair. Since CoS is TPC's training alliance, Einer decides to spy someone's warchest to confirm it really is a balanced war. The result? Yeah, it's pretty fair.

3) [quote name='Alexandros o Megas' timestamp='1335069922' post='2956967']
Things change:

Snakes were losing the war and they called for assistance their protectors (The Phoenix Cobras).

I have been spied by them:

To: TheBadWolfGR From: EEEEE Date: 4/21/2012 10:26:51 PM

Subject: Spy Operation Attack
Message: A spy operation has been launched against your nation. The attacking spies were given the following order: Gather Intelligence. In the attack your counter intelligence systems prevailed and managed to thwart the attack. Your counter spies managed to kill 20 enemy spies.

This war is different now !! All weapons and nukes are on the table !! :nuke:
[/quote]

BadWolf decides that since TPC intervened by spying his warchest, the terms and circumstances of the war are sufficiently changed that the use of nuclear weapons is acceptable. He posts this fifteen minutes before the update and doesn't bother mailing anyone, so the time for diplomatic response is limited.

4) 4/22: BadWolf nukes two players from CoS shortly after the update.

5) ~1:00 AM: Since TPC doesn't think he had a good case for nuking, we decide that his nuclear attacks constitute a breach of the terms of battle. Three TPC players declare on him, and Team Beta buys up enough NS to acquire and launch another nuke.

*shrug* I could have just written something, but I saw the opportunity to embed a font-based sight gag, pointing out that Alexandros is acting rather bat-!@#$ insane. Maybe it's funnier when you're approximately 2.9 sheets to the wind...

Edited by Einer

[quote name='Einer' timestamp='1335130162' post='2957309']
*shrug* I could have just written something, but I saw the opportunity to embed a font-based sight gag, pointing out that Alexandros is acting rather bat-!@#$ insane. Maybe it's funnier when you're approximately 2.9 sheets to the wind...
[/quote]

Actually, I did not mind the image one bit and found it amusing. It was the reference to myself and other Hellas members eating lead paint chips comment that was over the line. Had you just had the image and no comment, I would have laughed and still admitted my mistake.

[quote name='jraenar' timestamp='1335139440' post='2957420']
Might want to take a closer look at the image? The lead paint comment was directed solely at the person that sent the nukes, after that person said no nukes would be used in the war. Not at you.
[/quote]

Yes and no. Hellas is an alliance and a culture. Which means, I as a Hellene, am also part of said culture. Given that the image is a direct response to my post and thus to me, I have a credible reason to feel that the comment was also direct towards me. As I stated before, I found the image amusing and that made me fully aware of the mistake I had made. The comment was completely unnecessary and detracted fully from the amusement that the image brought. You can take the image and the comment anyway you wish, I will do exactly the same thing.

So let me get this straight.

Hellas attacked CoS, a pretty close matchup since they decided not to use nukes, and TPC decided to attack Hellas over it?

I expect we may have to pay somebody a visit.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1335094864' post='2957077']
heh. Seriously, when I left TE a few rounds ago, there was a lot of crying from certain parties about all the down-declares that occurred. Now it seems those same parties can only down-declare themselves. Stay classy TE. Stay classy.
[/quote]
CN is CN, eh?

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1335157387' post='2957640']

Hellas attacked CoS, a pretty close matchup since they decided not to use nukes, and TPC decided to attack Hellas over it?

[/quote]
Hellas used nukes. And NDO already bandwagoned on.

[quote name='Chess Tyrant' timestamp='1335126246' post='2957283']
I am loathe to post in this thread again, but I'd rather step in to provide a timeline than let anyone just arriving sort through the entire mess trying to piece together what happened. So here's the order of events that has led us to our current position:

1) 4/20: Hellas declares war on CoS.

2) 4/21: It looks like a downdeclare, but after spying away all of Team Beta's nukes, they agree to a nonnuclear war. The stats are pretty fair. Since CoS is TPC's training alliance, Einer decides to spy someone's warchest to confirm it really is a balanced war. The result? Yeah, it's pretty fair.

3)

BadWolf decides that since TPC intervened by spying his warchest, the terms and circumstances of the war are sufficiently changed that the use of nuclear weapons is acceptable. He posts this fifteen minutes before the update and doesn't bother mailing anyone, so the time for diplomatic response is limited.

4) 4/22: BadWolf nukes two players from CoS shortly after the update.

5) ~1:00 AM: Since TPC doesn't think he had a good case for nuking, we decide that his nuclear attacks constitute a breach of the terms of battle. Three TPC players declare on him, and Team Beta buys up enough NS to acquire and launch another nuke.
[/quote]

After that Casey nukes a non-nuclear CoS nation

Then NDO declares war on TPC.

In between all of this, I attempted to deescalate the situation, PM'ing the leader of Hellas, posting on OWF, and engaging in conversations on IRC. At each point we were met with unreasonable and disproportionate uses of force.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1335157387' post='2957640']

[/quote]

See above explanation of how we got here.

[quote name='jraenar' timestamp='1335158944' post='2957651']
[/quote]

Everyone's half truths, lies and hypocrisy are going to catch up to them. Whether this round or in future rounds. It's time for honesty and end to the pathetic bickering.
It's time Virtues take precedence over personal attacks, brute force and arrogance.

Edited by NeSiRsItSiRhC

[quote name='jraenar' timestamp='1335158944' post='2957651']
[/quote]

Bandwagoning would imply that we entered a fight to reap the benefits.
If we were interested in that we would have just pulled a LoSS and declared on RE.
We are honorable, and don't bandwagon.

Edited by Tevron

We had agreed a non nuclear war with Snakes till TPC unfair involvement spying me and offering info to our enemies.

This changed a lot of things.

Then a lot of TPC membership has started to troll us in here spreading threats all around.

OK you and Snakes are 53 nations but us even though just 14 (10 actually active) have managed since first day of war to anarchy 11 Snakes.

Then you got involved attacking me personally and trying to separate an Alliance from its leader.

Your relation with Snakes is nothing less than a hidden treaty.

Hellas believes that an Alliance is for its values, ideas and principles and not for its pixels ... That's why we continue to fight this disproportionate war ...