Water Music on the Thames

Sarah Tintagyl

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' timestamp='1334835915' post='2955718']
Withdrawing his hand politely Eochaidh stepped back to allow the earl to stand on his own two feet and pointed in the direction of the rear of the proccession of barges. "I believe my sister has fled to the very end of the flotilla, I guess you would still find her there if she is still upset" he said with a shrug of his shoulders. "Otherwise she could be anywhere."
[/quote]
"My thanks to you, Prince," Anthony said, bowing respectfully before moving off into the crowd, hopefully in the right direction. he wound his way through the crowd, just like she had, nodding politely and stepping around those in his way, slowly moving down toward the rearmost of the barges.

But on his way to, hopefully find Eimhir, his path took him near two very...strangely dressed young women, close to his own age. The Procinctian delegation? He'd heard they always tended to do things a little...differently compared to the rest of the world. Now he could believe it.

Almost directly in front of them, he stopped, and openly staring with his one visible eye, clearly not sure about the situation, and despite his reputation, his cheeks colored visibly. People talked about the way he dressed, but these two, they didn't, apparently even know the basic bounds of propriety.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josephine looked over to her half-sister, who shook her head. "Well, the Child Queen isn't our friend. What better remark would you've expected?" Josephine nodded. "True. Though, I would like to find the other two. I'm not the person to seek this kind of atmosphere." "Me neither. Let's go find the others." And while they soon found Marie, they still had to look quite a while before seeing Elene talking to the Scotish Princess at the very end of the boats. Slowly they walked up, hoping not to interfere too much n what they may discuss.

Looking over the guests who will still mingling on the barges, Jane sighed with a yawn. Largely the ball had been a success, she had got to meet a plethora of other leaders from across the world, in addition to seeing the barbarism of the Scottish King and how close the French were to the northern kingdom. It wasn't anything to be concerned about as plans would move ahead as she planned them and she rose again from her throne as the music stopped and Jane extended her hand to the crowd.

"If you will excuse me ladies and gentlemen, lords and ladies, but the night has tired me out a great deal and I will be retiring. That said I would like to make the following announcement to all of you. First let me say just how thankful I am that you have honored me with your presence tonight. It was truly a splendid evening. Second, I would like to formally announce the creation of the Kingdom of England in my desire and all of England's desire to create a stable and strong British Isle. I hope that many celebrations will follow from this time. In a few days, I will be inviting the leaders of Britain to London in hopes of forging a peaceful future across our lands and I must prepare for this meeting. It will be one to remember and at the end, Europe will have changed, I assure you, for the better."

She stepped down from her throne as the guests and guards moved to create a column.

"I bid you all farewell and a good night."

"Long Live England! Long Live Queen Jane!" Said one of the guards and the chant was repeated in unison as the Queen departed the barge and stepped onto dry land where she was whisked away to Buckingham Palace for the night.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' timestamp='1334895149' post='2956040']"My thanks to you, Prince," Anthony said, bowing respectfully before moving off into the crowd, hopefully in the right direction. he wound his way through the crowd, just like she had, nodding politely and stepping around those in his way, slowly moving down toward the rearmost of the barges.

But on his way to, hopefully find Eimhir, his path took him near two very...strangely dressed young women, close to his own age. The Procinctian delegation? He'd heard they always tended to do things a little...differently compared to the rest of the world. Now he could believe it.

Almost directly in front of them, he stopped, and openly staring with his one visible eye, clearly not sure about the situation, and despite his reputation, his cheeks colored visibly. People talked about the way he dressed, but these two, they didn't, apparently even know the basic bounds of propriety.[/quote]Still laying low Procinctia’s nominal ‘delegates’ continued to chat in their secluded corner of the barge. . . until Anthony’s appearance with Jane’s closing words.
What would be immediately striking to the young English aristocrat would be a girl with exceedingly foreign complexion about Anthony’s age whose attire the locals would consider completely obscene.
While a Japanese styled fuku skirt school uniform wouldn't be out place everywhere affiliated with Procinctia-In-Exile this attire possibly violating every sumptuary statute in the English Isles.
Impropriety didn’t begin to describe how inappropriate her attire was to East Anglian sensibilities.
Especially shoes with low cut socks emphasizing ankle. . .

Despite an amazing amalgam of anachronism mixed with blatant displacement the other delegate wasn’t the schoolgirl envoy that caught Anthony’s attention. . .
Anyone else would have acknowledged the amazing amalgam of anachronism.
Her ensemble looking as someone went to a Renaissance Fair, scribbled down what everyone’s outfits, and smashed everything together without any further research.
Mashing fur, embroidery, lace, ribbons, silk, taffeta, and velvet randomly doesn’t make for good fashion. What resulted lacked accuracy or spirit of anything.

[color="#FF0000"]Mara’s getting away! [/color]
[color="#0000FF"]That’s not our responsibility.[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]But it’s Mara. . .[/color]
[color="#0000FF"]Should the Alaskan Empress find the courage that fight belongs to Diego.[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]Estifanos is going to show her lunar brawling Procinctia style! [/color]
[color="#0000FF"]It’s entirely out of our hands either way. [/color]
Finally noticing Anthony’s appearance the girl in [color="#FF0000"]garish mockery of Anglian fashion[/color] addressed the English prince.
[color="#FF0000"]You’re that guy. . . Dancing all smooth, then she’s out crying, boom punch to head! Old man totally steamrolled you with locomotive fist to face action. [/color]
Sighing the [color="#0000FF"]fuku clad schoolgirl[/color] [i]faintly[/i] hoped her excitable friend won’t (again) cause problems.
[color="#0000FF"] We’re representing a sovereign nation an extremely formal international gathering. . .[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]And the kid got himself punched while mingling with the international elite. That’s completely epic![/color]
[color="#0000FF"]Do we categorize other people’s misfortune as epic? [/color]
[color="#FF0000"]Speaking of rudeness. . . . We’re also talking about the dude right in front of him! [/color]
[color="#0000FF"] . . . Oh . . .[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]Going to do anything about it?[/color]
[color="#0000FF"]My sincere apologies for not introducing ourselves. We meant no disrespect in. . . [/color]
[color="#FF0000"]Totally talking about you in front of you. Yeah, we just did that. Now for awesome intros!
I, Manya Santago, am the greatest sixteen-year-old Tintagylist legislative representative in Procinctia [/color]
[color="#0000FF"]Only sixteen-year-old Tintagylist legislative candidate in Procinctia’s history. . . [/color]
[color="#FF0000"]Chilling here in East Anglia’s rocking barge with my lovely comrade Elisapie Allakariallak.[/color]

Edited by Generalissimo

These two were more baffling than he could ever be even to his peers. Even the one that stayed within the bounds of propriety seemed to lack even the most basic of fashion sense as far as manner of dress was concerned. Or at least that's what the young Earl would have thought if he'd not been, despite his best efforts, gawking like a simpleton at Elisapie...he colored further, if it were possible, at realizing just how much was exposed below the hemline of her skirt--not even the socks did much to hide it. The color on his cheeks was quite distinctive on his own pale complexion.

Finally he managed to tear his eyes away from the obscene sight, but it felt like it was seared into his memory despite his efforts to erase it from his mind. So internalized was he from these efforts, he did not immediately realize that he had been addressed. "Anthony Grey. Earl of Kent," he replied, realizing they had introduced themselves, and only just barely catching the names. "You say you are here on behalf of the nation of Procinctia?" He spoke to them, but never at any point could he bring himself to look straight at them again. He was clearly uncomfortable with the entire situation.

Well, as long as he was talking to them, he might as well see if he could get something out of the conversation. "Did either of you, perchance, happen to witness the Scottish Princess and the direction in which she rushed off to? She would no doubt have been understandably upset at the time..."