Water Music on the Thames

Sarah Tintagyl

Leading the Tianxia entourage was Executor Ding, commander of the Imperial Forces, and acting Admiral of the current treasure fleet docked in harbor. The European was dressed in yellow and black frock coat with the ranks of Marshall on his sholdiers, more appropriate for formal wear in the Western World he wore a saber at his side. Accompanying him was Grand Master Ryu, who still wore a simple kimono with his sword resting at his side, appearing simple yet highly formal. Behind them, Crown Prince Leopold was dressed in a golden frock coat, on the rank insignias two dragons stretched out, he wore a wakazashi short sword at his side. All three wore tricornes.

Ding stepped up before the Queen removing his hat and bowing, "Your majesty, I bring you greetings on behalf of the Celestial Court, you are most kind to host this event. We congratulate you on your triumph over your adversaries. The Emperor and Empress further wish to extend their deepest thanks for looking after their son and invite you at your convenience to make a journey to the East to behold our magnificent hospitality and cement a new found respect between our two peoples." he said formally.

"Yeah, we watched the whole thing ready to jump in, but we didn't need to, you fought great you'll be a great leader!" Leopold said impulsively smiling.

Ryu cleared his throat.

"Oh..." Leopold said, "My apologies, I congratulate you on your victory your majesty, I am sure you will make a great Queen and do your people proud." he said bowing.

"Your majesty, upon your convenience we request an audience regarding the incident in your quarters from a fortnight ago, Leopold and I have taken some liberties and been investigating the incident, the Executor has matters of state he wishes to see attended too as well."

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frithuwald, adorning a red jacket with a yellow undershirt with off-white leggings, entered the Ball just before Jane had started speaking. Ida, wearing a blue overcoat with a simple white undershirt, started jeering William after hearing the stories from Frithuwald from their last journey to London. "So, William, that's the lass you fancy, eh?" He let out a slight chuckle while William, who dressed like his father except wearing a Tricorne which was gold-laced with feathers lining the brim, became nervous once again. The last time they had met, he showed his affection very bluntly, but this time he didn't need to rely on chance for showing his affection. This time, he had a bouquet of an oddly mixed arrangement of flowers, a red Rose symbolizing England, the purple Thistle representing their Scottish brethren, the radiant yellow Daffodil for their cousins to the west, and finally an earthly Shamrock to represent the Irish. It seemed unnatural to have political intentions at a ball, but William knew he had to become King of Northumbria sooner or later. He might as well accept the fact he's next in the Royal Bloodline. He thought [i]What harm could flowers do at a celebration like this.[/i]

William just nodded at Ida's rhetorical question then the Orchestra had started. Jane had stood up from her throne and millions of thoughts ran through William's head, just as a young boy's mind would have. [i]How can I impress her? Should I confront her here? Would confessing and contemplating ruin the flow of the party?[/i] He let out a gentle whisper, barely audible to his father and uncle, "How can beauty of that magnitude originate on this planet..." Both Frithuwald and Ida just smiled at William's comment, opening a floodgate of their memories and past dealings with girls at his age.

While lovely thoughts ran across William's head, Frithuwald had another lingering thing in the back of his mind. After the East Anglian victory over Essex, and them proving themselves to be a stable entity on the Isles, some Northumbrian people, the outspoken ones at least, have talked to him about considering a reconciliation with their brothers and sisters once again, after all with the Scottish threat looming and no army in sight, it may be of benefit to entertain the idea. Though the gruesome execution of the Duke of Essex one was unsettling to Frithuwald. [i]How could such a young girl do something like that? It seems inhumane to deny a man of service a second chance...[/i]

With both William and Frithuwald in deep thought, Ida had enjoyed the music tapping his foot to the melody. He lent over to Frithuwald and said in a grievous tone, "It's time like these, brother...that I wish she was still here." Frithuwald put his hand on Ida's shoulder and looked with re-insuring eyes. "It'll be OK, brother. She's looking over us now." All three then turned back to the orchestra and enjoyed the music with William still contemplating his actions of what he would do.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdnn24s1nJ0][b]An American's Arrival[/b][/url]

About a week before the ball would open on the historic Thames River, a single ship would slowly appear from the mists of the Thames Estuary, having traveled many a mile across the ocean. The heavy frigate ACS [i]Union[/i] would fire off a saluting cannon on its approach to the Estuary, saluting the fortifications certainly guarding such an important waterway, having already signaled its status as a ship of friendly intent. The three-masted frigate was the typical kind of vessel for the Americas, able to be easily crewed by a smaller amount of men, but able to swing much higher above her actual naval rating. Like all ships of that day, it was a masterpiece of naval construction and engineering, and one that had also received a new coat of paint before her voyage, and a few touch-ups while on its voyage across the stormy Atlantic to Britannia.

Built not so long ago, the heavy frigate was well constructed out of southern live oak, harvested from the coastline of Georgia, and shipped north to the great shipyards of Boston, Massachusetts, where the Confederacy's Yankee shipbuilders set to work with their well-learned craft, hardy work ethic, and devotion to minute details. Long on her keel, but narrow a beam, with a diagonal ribbing scheme, the vessel, and those built like her were built to be fast, well-armed, and good sea keepers. The [i]Union[/i] would overtake the Estuary, flying her naval ensign (a simple navy blue flag with a circle of stars, one for each state in the Confederacy) below the large national standard that flew from her stern, the bright yellow flag of the Atlantic Confederacy, depicting a snake rearing itself protectively and the finely embroidered lettering of "Don't Tread on Me" emblazoned below it. The impressive vessel, its crews in their cleanest and most presentable uniforms, would make their final destination the port of Gravesend to deliver their cargo; the delegation destined for the Queen's victory celebration which would be held up the river in London.

The quiet arrival of the [i]Union[/i] would signal the arrival of the New World to this gathering of nations, once docked in Gravesend, the young Vice President Marcelus Pitt, a dashing gentleman who was chosen to complement the experienced demeanor and guile of Martin Gibbs would depart his temporary home of wood and sail for London, along with a small group of other officials from the Confederacy's goverment. Marcelus was a quiet figure, a polite gentleman of New England society, who associated himself prominently with the intelligentsia of the Confederacy in various salons and academies that dotted the cities and countryside of the country. Having arranged their own transport to London astride a herd of horses, with a couple of rented wagons dragging their traveling trunks along behind them, they would make for London at a slow and calculated pace.

"Strangers in a strange land," quipped one of Marcelus' compatriots, an Atlantician Army officer as they left Gravesend on the backs of a multi-colored array of steeds.

"I do feel a certain air of sophistication that one does not get in the backwoods right outside of Boston town," retorted Marcelus, as he gently urged his dappled mellow, and benign mare along at a steady trot. The horse seemed to approve of the Atlantician's words, with a grunt of approval as it kept a steady pace.

"One cannot simply avoid the blasted mud, it seems, though," commented the same compatriot, noting that a recent rain had moistened the wide dirt track that they were now taking, and had turned it into a rutted sea of mud and organic matter.

"It helps add a quality of home to a place of certainly much more higher society," responded Marcelus, turning to the military officer. "Calm yourself, Colonel Bawdrey, you will soon be in London town, and we will be able to enjoy the comforts of a warm bed and a floor that does not rock with the whims of the waves that bore us here." Bawdrey was known for his love of urban life, a military staff officer who was never at home in the extensive wilds of the Confederacy, the Colonel enjoyed womanizing and chasing petticoats throughout Savannah and Charleston. He was certainly not an officer of the famous rangers, and probably would not even find a field commission in a line infantry regiment to his liking either. Marcelus was not a man of the military, but despite the posh circles he associated with, he enjoyed being one with nature, enjoying the rustic nature of the Confederacy.

But this was certainly not going to be a place of rustic quality, and Marcelus, despite his traveling amongst the circles of Boston's high society, this was an entirely different game of dice that he was stepping into. But he was determined to enjoy it immensely...

---

After a week of settling into their temporary home on the Thames, having elected to stay in a well-managed and well-kept Inn on the outskirts of London, run by a lovely older couple, Marcelus Pitt and his delegation would find themselves thrust onto the celebration barges that now plied the calm waters of the Thames. Upon having arrived on the barges, the delegation would go its separate ways, Marcelus being left to his own devices quickly as his companions scattered to enjoy the delights of this huge celebration. The dashing young Vice President, his short brown hair askew tastefully, and his attire befitting those around him, would find himself turning this way and that, observing various prominent figures from many a country occupying the barge, before finally finding himself looking towards the throne itself as Queen Jane opened the ceremony with a tastefully short speech of her own. Grabbing a flute of fine red wine, he would raise his glass in a silent respectful salute to her Majesty's speech.

His purpose was not only to be there to congratulate the Queen on her victory, nor just to take part in merryment for his country's benefit and seemingly hope to gain something from simple small talk. No, he knew of the other reasons why he had been dispatched to this victory gala affair, and he would approach the throne in a seemingly comfortable stride, polite to a fault, he would wait until the Tianxian dignataries moved off to approach the throne, and with a deep bow.

"Your Majesty, as Vice President of the Atlantic Confederacy, I wish to bring you wishes of good health as well as congratulations in your victory over your rebellious countrymen, restoring good order and levelheadedness throughout your realm. Thank you for dispatching the invitation to our government, I have looked forward to this affair since setting out from Boston nearly a month ago," said Marcelus, his voice level, and tone respectful and friendly, he wore a polite smile, and would maintain eye contact after raising himself from his bow, to add sincerity to his entire demeanor as he addressed the seated monarch.

The evening was still very young as Ariadne arrived in London after a relatively short trip. At her personal request they would take a tour to the city prior to going to the event, the city was so much more at ease, so much more peaceful even though it just had fought a war. In a sense it was a relieve to have something different than the enormous buildings in so many other countries.

"So Ariadne what do I need to remember for this thing?" Orpheus asked as the delegation began heading for the event. "Well first of all not calling the Queen by her first name, I may not object but in general it is frowned upon. Also the guests really don't want to hear the story about how you fought a bear" Ariadne said with a smile at the end. After half an hour the delegation arrived at the barges, Ambassador Mendoza was already waiting for them there. For the occasion the guards had been left at the forward base on the Isle of Man.

"Greetings your highness, and your grace. Please stay with me so I can introduce you to the Queen later." Manuel said as the three began mixing into the group, once Queen Jane had finished the speech Manuel would approach her followed by Ariadne and Orpheus. Manuel was dressed in a formal suit while Ariadne was wearing a black dress and Orpheus in an Army uniform. "Your Highness, may I present to you the Eastern Empress Ariadne Notaras of Heraclius and Delegate of the Alteran Tribes Orpheus." Ariadne approached and bowed slightly. "Congratulations on your victory Queen Jane"

Edited by Centurius

Sir Johnathan Hawkwood and his wife quietly make their way to the ball. They are properly dressed for the event in clothes properly tailored to the latest fashion; garments that would reflect the status of the couple's class of being one of well heeled landed gentry of the minor nobility of East Anglia. Sir Hawkwood and his wife take up station a proper distance away from the Queen on the premise that perhaps she might require Sir Hawkwood for some sort of diplomatic function, but more so to enjoy the fact that the position gives them both an excellent view of the river Thames.

Neither of them talk much as they quietly enjoy the evening and listen to the music. Occasionally Sir Hawkwood avails himself upon the company of another to partake in a brief exchange of a foreign language that he's found the time in years gone by to study. After awhile his wife tugs his sleeve and orders, "Punch, now."

"Yes m'dear," Sir Hawkwood replies as he makes his way over to the appropriate tables and quickly returns with two glasses of well mixed punch. "Not quite the furniture polish your father liked, but I suspect it has a bit of a kick."

Lady Hawkwood takes a small sip and replies, "Lovely, and it's a glorious event. Well planned don't you think?"

"Dearest beloved, my idea of a good party involves a buttered scone and a dusty tome on Roman siege tactics."

"And yet you doubt your abilities to be a lecturer at a small college?"

"Well, that.. yes.. harrumph," Sir Hawkwood replies with a dignified air about him.

"Already nearly there to your final stages of decrepitude I see. On another note, where is that rascal companion of yours, Maurice?" Lady Ashley asks as she takes a small sip of punch. Such a question isn't uncommon from Lady Ashely. The interest she takes in the men serving under Hawkwood's command is a bit legendary in the small circle the two of them inhabit.

"Back home with his wife and two children. No doubt driving the poor woman insane with his 'arlings and 'ears," Harkwood chuckles as he emphasizes the specific speech patterns of Maurice with a well time quoting of the afflicted words with his free hand.

"The man is incorrigible and so are you. I will have to pay him a visit before you two trample off again," Lady Ashley replies as she and her husband quietly talk amongst themselves. Both of them know that in the circles they currently inhabit it is proper that they be seen and only heard when the Queen so desires it. It might rankle some of higher class but the Hawkwoods are content with their lot in life. Their home and farm paid for and profitable, with their shipping business in London providing them both with a strong steady income. They both want for little and are fairly unambitious in their own ways, an excellent virtue in the current political situation where undue attention could be brought about by those who are overly ambitious and aggressively moving to gather power to themselves.

[quote name='Baskan' timestamp='1334362748' post='2952586']
Frithuwald, adorning a red jacket with a yellow undershirt with off-white leggings, entered the Ball just before Jane had started speaking. Ida, wearing a blue overcoat with a simple white undershirt, started jeering William after hearing the stories from Frithuwald from their last journey to London. "So, William, that's the lass you fancy, eh?" He let out a slight chuckle while William, who dressed like his father except wearing a Tricorne which was gold-laced with feathers lining the brim, became nervous once again. The last time they had met, he showed his affection very bluntly, but this time he didn't need to rely on chance for showing his affection. This time, he had a bouquet of an oddly mixed arrangement of flowers, a red Rose symbolizing England, the purple Thistle representing their Scottish brethren, the radiant yellow Daffodil for their cousins to the west, and finally an earthly Shamrock to represent the Irish. It seemed unnatural to have political intentions at a ball, but William knew he had to become King of Northumbria sooner or later. He might as well accept the fact he's next in the Royal Bloodline. He thought [i]What harm could flowers do at a celebration like this.[/i]

William just nodded at Ida's rhetorical question then the Orchestra had started. Jane had stood up from her throne and millions of thoughts ran through William's head, just as a young boy's mind would have. [i]How can I impress her? Should I confront her here? Would confessing and contemplating ruin the flow of the party?[/i] He let out a gentle whisper, barely audible to his father and uncle, "How can beauty of that magnitude originate on this planet..." Both Frithuwald and Ida just smiled at William's comment, opening a floodgate of their memories and past dealings with girls at his age.

While lovely thoughts ran across William's head, Frithuwald had another lingering thing in the back of his mind. After the East Anglian victory over Essex, and them proving themselves to be a stable entity on the Isles, some Northumbrian people, the outspoken ones at least, have talked to him about considering a reconciliation with their brothers and sisters once again, after all with the Scottish threat looming and no army in sight, it may be of benefit to entertain the idea. Though the gruesome execution of the Duke of Essex one was unsettling to Frithuwald. [i]How could such a young girl do something like that? It seems inhumane to deny a man of service a second chance...[/i]

With both William and Frithuwald in deep thought, Ida had enjoyed the music tapping his foot to the melody. He lent over to Frithuwald and said in a grievous tone, "It's time like these, brother...that I wish she was still here." Frithuwald put his hand on Ida's shoulder and looked with re-insuring eyes. "It'll be OK, brother. She's looking over us now." All three then turned back to the orchestra and enjoyed the music with William still contemplating his actions of what he would do.
[/quote]
As he had asked to be, or more accurately in his mind, promised the Queen, Anthony Grey made his own presence known at the ball. Even in the midst of all this finery, the young Earl of Kent was bound to stand out. Of course he was dressed in his usual colors, a brilliant red and gold surcoat lined with silver along the seams, over a silver vest, and leggings to match. But that was not what stood out. No, what stood out were two things. The silver eye patch over his left eye...and the large, dark blue hat plumed with several enormous peacock feathers.

He was without his customary sword, for he had turned in the rapier to the guards on the docks collecting all the weapons. He was also without guards, having dispatched them to join with the army to help as they could. Truth to tell, he felt a bit naked without them and his sword, but he wasn't the type to let it show, or even to affect his mood for long. With a cheerful, welcoming expression, he boarded the barge, almost immediately snagging a glass of champagne, and looked around. Seeing several individuals and groups already approaching Jane, he decided to let her first deal with them before he inflicted his presence on her.

Instead, his eye fell on the Northumbrian delegation, who were standing a ways off. Taking a sip of the wine, he approached Ida, Frithuwald, and William, giving a courtly bow to each of them in turn, somehow managing to avoid spilling his drink or knocking his hat off in the process. "Greetings, Your Majesties," he said in his customary jovial manner, automatically assuming they were royalty from their mere presence here. Even if they were not, he figured they wouldn't mind being flattered in such a way. "Welcome to London, and East Anglia. I sincerely hope you enjoy your time here."

Once he'd greeted them all, he turned his attention specifically to William, who, he noticed, was in turn focused on Jane. If the Earl had not already been smiling, he would have done so now. Not all that much older than the Queen herself, he was, nevertheless, often keenly observant, and though he would be loath to admit it, a bit of a romantic. There was no missing the way the young heir looked upon her. "So, my friend, I see my dear cousin has caught your eye." And he heartily approved, as the twinkle in his eye would readily communicate to anyone who actually [i]looked[/i] at him, rather than passing him over as a fop or buffoon.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' timestamp='1334370847' post='2952711']
As he had asked to be, or more accurately in his mind, promised the Queen, Anthony Grey made his own presence known at the ball. Even in the midst of all this finery, the young Earl of Kent was bound to stand out. Of course he was dressed in his usual colors, a brilliant red and gold surcoat lined with silver along the seams, over a silver vest, and leggings to match. But that was not what stood out. No, what stood out were two things. The silver eye patch over his left eye...and the large, dark blue hat plumed with several enormous peacock feathers.

He was without his customary sword, for he had turned in the rapier to the guards on the docks collecting all the weapons. He was also without guards, having dispatched them to join with the army to help as they could. Truth to tell, he felt a bit naked without them and his sword, but he wasn't the type to let it show, or even to affect his mood for long. With a cheerful, welcoming expression, he boarded the barge, almost immediately snagging a glass of champagne, and looked around. Seeing several individuals and groups already approaching Jane, he decided to let her first deal with them before he inflicted his presence on her.

Instead, his eye fell on the Northumbrian delegation, who were standing a ways off. Taking a sip of the wine, he approached Ida, Frithuwald, and William, giving a courtly bow to each of them in turn, somehow managing to avoid spilling his drink or knocking his hat off in the process. "Greetings, Your Majesties," he said in his customary jovial manner, automatically assuming they were royalty from their mere presence here. Even if they were not, he figured they wouldn't mind being flattered in such a way. "Welcome to London, and East Anglia. I sincerely hope you enjoy your time here."

Once he'd greeted them all, he turned his attention specifically to William, who, he noticed, was in turn focused on Jane. If the Earl had not already been smiling, he would have done so now. Not all that much older than the Queen herself, he was, nevertheless, often keenly observant, and though he would be loath to admit it, a bit of a romantic. There was no missing the way the young heir looked upon her. "So, my friend, I see my dear cousin has caught your eye." And he heartily approved, as the twinkle in his eye would readily communicate to anyone who actually [i]looked[/i] at him, rather than passing him over as a fop or buffoon.
[/quote]

Frithuwald looked over at a man dressed elegantly, obviously standing out from the rest of the crowd. He leaned over to Ida, "Only thing missing is trumpets from that guy." What surprised him wasn't the silver lining or gold surcoat, it was the silver eye patch and a matching obscene hat with peacock feathers. Still in his brother's ear, "I seriously wonder who dressed him..." Frithuwald noticed the man starting to approach their table, while William was still in trance following Jane's every movement like a predator seeking its prey, he stood up and bowed back at the man, introducing himself, "I am King Frithuwald II, King of Northumbria. Nice to meet you, Good Sire. My newphew," he gestured towards William,"and I have visited London once before and already found it to be wonderful. I'm sure any time spent in East Anglia would be time spent worthwhile." Ida had bowed as well, but was just perplexed by the whole situation.

William was still in a seemingly magical trance as Jane talked with the other delegates. He kept thinking about the bouquet and the symbolism, how their future would end up, and everything else that goes through a young boy's mind when in 'love'. He finally broke eye contact and turned to take a sip of the wine when he noticed the peculiar man, a man who was Jane's cousin nonetheless but not known to him.

[i]"So, my friend, I see my dear cousin has caught your eye."[/i]

William's already red cheeks turned scarlet in embarrassment. "Um..." In a flustered tone, William's boyishness had shown through and he was not beyond humility, "How could you tell? I really do enjoy her, ya'know." He then turned towards Jane, "she's just so magnificent and...angelic it's almost inconceivable such a thing could exist if not for the Heavens." William then shook his head a bit trying to focus, "Ah, yes. I'm William, Prince of Northumbria." He stood up and bowed to the man of unknown identity, though strangely dressed, having a sense of respect in his tone of voice towards him.

Two absentee schoolgirls/elected representatives/resistance leaders, Elisapie Allakariallak and Manya Santago, from Savoonga Municipal School Sarah Tintagyl/Procinctia Tintagylist Front were designated (theoretically) represent Procinctia(-In-Exile) at East Anglia's Thames ball by virtue of being (other than Hugo who promptly wandered off in the English countryside by getting himself lost) the only Government-In-Exile members with an open schedule.

Beautiful night, refined music, and distinguished company. . .
Faced with a luxurious barge full of predominant international figures the Procinctia girls secluded into a corner and chatted amongst themselves.

[color="#FF0000"]Why isn’t Ai out here? She usually loves events like this.[/color]
[color="#0000FF"]Ai’s not getting out much these days, throwing herself into the government-in-exile after losing Procinctia.[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]Oh, yeah that! No excuse for not hanging out. We’re important government officials too! I think?[/color]
[color="#0000FF"]Why did anyone vote for you?[/color]
[color="#FF0000"][b]I, Manya Santago, was the greatest sixteen-year-old Tintagylist legislative candidate in Procinctia![/b][/color]
[color="#0000FF"]You were the only sixteen-year-old Tintagylist legislative candidate in Procinctia. . .[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]Whatever. Hey, isn’t Professor Hugo supposed to be here too?[/color]
[color="#0000FF"]Hugo is a doctor, not a professor.[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]Don’t care. Where’s the Hugo at? Man’s supposed to our chaperone or something.[/color]
[color="#0000FF"]England’s apparent technological regression sidetracked our esteemed colleague and teacher.
Last anyone heard Hugo’s out trying to introduce scientific methods of agriculture to peasants.[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]What about Diego?[/color]
[color="#0000FF"]Trying to fight Mara on the moon. [/color]
[color="#FF0000"]He's not the only one. We're in this battle together! I have something for Mara, should the Alaskan show herself. What And Rei? [/color]
[color="#0000FF"]Conference of the Americas.[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]You’re saying we’re here at this ball completely unsupervised?[/color]
[color="#0000FF"]Please don’t say what I think you’re going to say. . .[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]Girl’s night out! Best. Night. Ever. Other than your outfit. . .[/color]
[color="#0000FF"]Typical school uniform associated with S.M.S.S.T.F.[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]If you haven’t noticed your fuku-style uniform is entirely out of place in this aristocratic setting.
Thinking your skirt alone isn’t meshing with East Anglia's 17th century sensibilities.[/color]
[color="#0000FF"]I know but. . .[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]Pride? Wearing your school uniform on international excursions like Ai or Liska – I’m cool with that! Row Row Fight the Power![/color]
[color="#0000FF"]No. . . I . .. lost everything else to Northern Imperium. Everything I packed was school uniforms.[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]That’s rough buddy.[/color]

Edited by Generalissimo

The Empress Lithaen arrived, flanked by a regal-looking man who bore a family resemblance to herself and by a woman in full Imperial Army regalia, with her plate pauldrons burnished to an almost blinding sheen. Engraved with a pair of beautiful double-headed golden aquilae, her pauldrons marked her as the highest-ranking officer in the Army, the Lady General Whitelighter. She was followed quite closely by an awe-struck young girl of perhaps thirteen, wearing a simple, if rather daringly-cut white dress, her shoulder-length hair pinned up in beautiful curls about her head, giving her the air of being a pixie. The Lady General smiled down at her daughter, her own uniform dress' black hem quietly touching the floor, giving her the appearance of barely skimming the ground, the dress cut so as to conceal to the point of modesty her figure but not deny that it was there and she had one.

Jane looked back at her monarch, who looked resplendent in a dress the color of soft-beaten gold, her red hair and green eyes emphasized by the reflected light, her pale skin catching and throwing back the glow from the dress. A single black Aquila with golden wingtips graced the front of her dress, hanging from her neck by a thin silver chain, resting on her breast. Her chin was held high, and she looked every inch a monarch.

By comparison, Duke Christian Kehenna managed to hold his own in his own garb, a set royal purple court robes embroidered with golden scrollwork by the very best of the Imperium's tailors, precisely cut to show him as the powerfully-built man he was.

By all accounts, the Imperial quartet were ready... though this would be the first time they had all attended a foreign social ball with attendees from the farthest reaches of the globe.

[quote name='Baskan' timestamp='1334374771' post='2952770']
Frithuwald looked over at a man dressed elegantly, obviously standing out from the rest of the crowd. He leaned over to Ida, "Only thing missing is trumpets from that guy." What surprised him wasn't the silver lining or gold surcoat, it was the silver eye patch and a matching obscene hat with peacock feathers. Still in his brother's ear, "I seriously wonder who dressed him..." Frithuwald noticed the man starting to approach their table, while William was still in trance following Jane's every movement like a predator seeking its prey, he stood up and bowed back at the man, introducing himself, "I am King Frithuwald II, King of Northumbria. Nice to meet you, Good Sire. My nephew," he gestured towards William,"and I have visited London once before and already found it to be wonderful. I'm sure any time spent in East Anglia would be time spent worthwhile." Ida had bowed as well, but was just perplexed by the whole situation.

William was still in a seemingly magical trance as Jane talked with the other delegates. He kept thinking about the bouquet and the symbolism, how their future would end up, and everything else that goes through a young boy's mind when in 'love'. He finally broke eye contact and turned to take a sip of the wine when he noticed the peculiar man, a man who was Jane's cousin nonetheless but not known to him.

[i]"So, my friend, I see my dear cousin has caught your eye."[/i]

William's already red cheeks turned scarlet in embarrassment. "Um..." In a flustered tone, William's boyishness had shown through and he was not beyond humility, "How could you tell? I really do enjoy her, ya'know." He then turned towards Jane, "she's just so magnificent and...angelic it's almost inconceivable such a thing could exist if not for the Heavens." William then shook his head a bit trying to focus, "Ah, yes. I'm William, Prince of Northumbria." He stood up and bowed to the man of unknown identity, though strangely dressed, having a sense of respect in his tone of voice towards him.
[/quote]
"Ah, a pleasure to meet you, King Frithuwald," the young nobleman said to the Northumbrian King, still grinning broadly, but with no apparent mockery in the expression. He was, apparently, simply a naturally jovial fellow. "It is good to hear you speak so highly of our humble nation...oh, please do forgive me, you have introduced yourself, and I have neglected to do the same. I am afraid I am nothing so dignified as Your Majesties. I am Anthony Grey, lowly Earl of Kent." He glanced at Ida for a moment, who had not been introduced, a bit of curiosity evident in his expression, but if the man did not wish to be introduced, it was not an earl's place to force the issue. Though Anthony did wonder if, perhaps, the silent man was a courtier, or a relative. Either would reasonably explain his presence.

But then William turned to him, and so the Queen's cousin returned his attention to the young Prince. "Anthony Grey, Earl of Kent," he replied, equally respectful in his own introduction, though still with that ever-present smile even as he returned the bow. "If you will forgive me for being blunt, Sire, it is not all that difficult to discern the nature of your feelings for my cousin. You have hardly taken your eyes off her the entire time I was observing you. Rest assured, I bear you no ill will for those feelings. Quite the contrary, in fact. it is about time someone her own age showed such an interest in her." He took another sip from his glass as he finished his little speech, resting his friendly gaze on William, gauging the other young man's reaction to what he'd said.

King Malcolm, his children and their attendants and guards arrived shortly after the other guests and their arrival was announced by the sound of bag pipes and drums playing into the air as the Scottish procession made its way through London's streets, no doubt drawing much attention as the sound of bag pipes is want to do. The guards had kept their weapons though they remained sheathed as to not concern the english soldiers and people and once the procession arrived at the barges the guards remained nearby but not on the barges themselves as the Scottish king had decided to allow the english to guard him and his children.

Dismounting from his own steed Malcolm, who was wearing the traditional Scottish kilt and tartan jerkin with heavy riding boots as well as having a plain but well crafted crown atop his head, walked over to where his children were getting down from their horses and helped Eimhir his eldest daughter of eighteen dismount whilst Eochaidh his eldest son of sixteen was quick to dismount himself and move to his father's side. Together the three of them boarded the barges and made their way over to where the dancing had already begun.

Not wishing to take poart in the dancing yet Malcolm allowed his two children to go off on their own and mingle with the other guests and to talk, dance and east as they willed. And whilst Eochaidh who was dressed similary to his father minus the crown of course immediatly went over to sample the food and drink Eimhir who was wearing a stunning light blue dress that flowed down her body to just above her heels so it wouldn't be stepped on and complimented by a simple but elegant silver necklace around her neck which helped to frame her long black hair that fell just past her shoulders began to move about the other guests listening to their conversations and watching them and taking a judge of their character.

Malcolm meanwhile was content to move to one side of the dancing area and spotting that Queen Jane was busy in communication with what looked like a pair of men from the far east took a small glass of wine and sipped gently at it whilst he waited for a chance to talk to her as one monarch to another.

Despite the shakily translated greeting from Russian earlier, Dmitry Garin was in fact quite proficient in multiple languages, including the host language of English. As there was no place to tie up one's steed, Garin kept his mount on his moose, which trotted around the room as he smiled and addressed the various delegates in the room. Shortly before arrving, he had gotten a quick shave to his traditional clean-cut face and had just removed his heavy fur coat, which left him in his formal suit. He noticed the Alaskan delegation and directed his moose to approach them. Realizing his probably quite odd appearance riding a moose, he dismounted shortly before he reached the party and held the animal with one hand by the reigns.

He walked up to the Alaskan Empress and extended his other, free hand. With a smile he said, "Hello, Empress Lithaen. I am Dmitry Garin, High Chancellor of Foreign Affairs of the Chancellery of Cyrantia. How very pleasant to see a close neighbor and former brother-in-arms here this evening!"

Leopoldine sighed. They had come all the way to London, still, Charles Louis was taking some time in France, arriving later. For now, it was her, Josephine, Marie and Elene. Leopoldine led the small group through the crowd and once again, she felt that she had taken the command within the group of sisters. She maybe wasn't the first born and only a Légitimée de France, she still was daughter of the deceased Dauphine and altough her succession to the French throne was beyond impossible in many regards, Leopoldine still was seen as a rather proactive aggressive and pragmatic person and many called her the Fils secrete de France, as she indeed had a more masculine personality in the eyes of the conservative nobility. Also Charles Louis once had said he would have preferred her to be male, however, Leopoldine knew the king was more than happy the way Leopoldine was, as he seemed to regret the remark later on and never stated such again. Of all the grand-daughters, she was the only one in the military and also the one who most often took the initiative, like now...

Altough serving in the military, Leopoldine wore not her usual uniform, but an appropriate white dress with a turquoise shash. "Now now, would you hurry up?" She turned around to tell her sisters, but then she already was alone. And the rest was gone. "Malediction!" she thought and shortly sighed before looking out for those she lost. Hopefully Charles Louis would soon follow.

As the guests began to eat, dance, and mingle in front of her, Jane sighed as she watched the crowd beginning to shift towards the throne. This was always the longest part of parties, before she could take part in the festivities, she would have to say hello and attend to business of every delegate who came to the throne. Sitting up straight on her chair, the Queen had a platter of beef and bread brought over to her side as the first delegation, this one from China stepped up to where she sat. The Chinese had brought an enormous gift of treasure ships bound from Eastern ports to dock in London and their cargo of spices and silks were graciously unloaded and taken to Buckingham Palace. Now they approached her, Ryu, Leopold, and the Executor of the Imperator, Ding, who looked more like a full-bred European than either the Prince or Grandmaster.

The conversation began normal enough, until Ryu brought up the incident that occurred with the Arab. Jane raised her hand to quiet Ryu's voice and leaned forward and took his arm. "We can talk about something of that nature at the end of the ball, Master Hayabusa. I don't want people to overhear in the slight chance that our friend the Muslim might have worked for someone in this room. That said," she turned to Ding and bowed her head. "Please give the Imperator and Imperatrix my well wishes, they outdid themselves with such a tremendous gift. I hope that I will eventually get the chance to travel to Samarkand and see the beauties of the east, at least when things calm down here in England." Then smiling down at Leopold, she cupped his cheek in her hand. "And of course I expect to only see more of the knight who came to my protection during this terrible Rebellion. I'm sure I will see you three as the night progresses. Good day."

Directly following the Chinese delegation, the Vice President of the Atlantic Confederacy stepped up to give his well-wishes to the Queen.

"Well you've had quite the long journey, Mr. Pitt, and I must say the irony of your name is not lost on me. Nor is the irony of such a powerful nation as the Atlantic Confederacy, our rebellious sons and daughters coming to speak to young queen of a nation who has not yet proved itself. But I hope that we might get the chance to talk some time tonight in private. I have a few issues that I would like to take up with your country in terms of governance of the Americas. If of course I can take you away from the women and food that's scattered around the room." She reached out her hand to take his own. "Please enjoy the night, Mr. Pitt."

It was after the departure of Pitt that the Athenian Imperial delegation approached the throne and appearing in front of her people's past protector, Jane moved up from her throne and clasped Ariadne's hands firmly in her own. "I cannot thank you enough, Majesty, for coming tonight. I would like to say that Ambassador Mendoza has been doing a spectacular job at balancing news from the Continent. Hopefully with cool heads, Europe will continue to know peace even with the new resurgence of nations happening across the Continent. Honestly, I hope you can stay in London for a time. It would be a great honor to speak with you personally, Majesty, and for the first time I can say, Monarch to Monarch."

As she spoke with Ariadne, Jane could see beyond the Empress' figure, William of Northumbria staring at her with a bouquet of flowers in his hands; his face read as the roses he carried. She smiled and did a quick wave before turning back to the Empress, though not before seeing King Malcolm of Scotland staring at her from one of the tables. He would be perhaps the most interesting guest and the greatest chance the party had to be running. After all, even in a respectful atmosphere, a Scotsman's temper knows no bounds.

[quote name='Sarah Tintagyl' timestamp='1334447843' post='2953429']"Well you've had quite the long journey, Mr. Pitt, and I must say the irony of your name is not lost on me. Nor is the irony of such a powerful nation as the Atlantic Confederacy, our rebellious sons and daughters coming to speak to young queen of a nation who has not yet proved itself. But I hope that we might get the chance to talk some time tonight in private. I have a few issues that I would like to take up with your country in terms of governance of the Americas. If of course I can take you away from the women and food that's scattered around the room." She reached out her hand to take his own. "Please enjoy the night, Mr. Pitt."[/quote]

Marcelus would break into a grin when the young Queen Jane addressed him, nodding ever so lightly as he listened to her words carefully. "The leadership of a country is but a series of challenges that one must overcome, with its ebbs and flows, you have overcome one challenge, your majesty, and I daresay that you'll probably have to overcome many more. We would be crass to not take your invitation to celebrate your the completion of one of your biggest challenges since your sovereignty was granted over these lands, and I have enjoyed my foray into your realm. As this is your celebration, your majesty, I would not think twice to accept an invitation to speak with you in a more private venue, if there are affairs of state that must be brought up. As leaders in our respective leaders, one must always be willing to mix business with merriment," he said, as he gently grasped her hand in his.

As she wished him a good evening, Marcelus would gently give her hand a polite and respectful light kiss, and he would smile. "Enjoy your own evening, Your Majesty." Bowing, he would retreat from the throne to make way for the Athenians who had arrived behind him, disappearing into the droves of courtiers and foreign officials that milled about the barge. He would make his way over to partake in some of the gorging on refreshments laid out, and seek out conversation with other foreign officials, as well as wait for the Queen to summon him.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' timestamp='1334397992' post='2953061']
"Ah, a pleasure to meet you, King Frithuwald," the young nobleman said to the Northumbrian King, still grinning broadly, but with no apparent mockery in the expression. He was, apparently, simply a naturally jovial fellow. "It is good to hear you speak so highly of our humble nation...oh, please do forgive me, you have introduced yourself, and I have neglected to do the same. I am afraid I am nothing so dignified as Your Majesties. I am Anthony Grey, lowly Earl of Kent." He glanced at Ida for a moment, who had not been introduced, a bit of curiosity evident in his expression, but if the man did not wish to be introduced, it was not an earl's place to force the issue. Though Anthony did wonder if, perhaps, the silent man was a courtier, or a relative. Either would reasonably explain his presence.

But then William turned to him, and so the Queen's cousin returned his attention to the young Prince. "Anthony Grey, Earl of Kent," he replied, equally respectful in his own introduction, though still with that ever-present smile even as he returned the bow. "If you will forgive me for being blunt, Sire, it is not all that difficult to discern the nature of your feelings for my cousin. You have hardly taken your eyes off her the entire time I was observing you. Rest assured, I bear you no ill will for those feelings. Quite the contrary, in fact. it is about time someone her own age showed such an interest in her." He took another sip from his glass as he finished his little speech, resting his friendly gaze on William, gauging the other young man's reaction to what he'd said.
[/quote]

"Ah, pleasure to meet you Anthony Grey." Though after the short introduction and the blatant telling of how William's obsessiveness was noticeable, he looked down almost in a bit of shame. But as Anthony seemed to approve more-or-less of William's actions, he looked back towards Anthony. "Well...I'd be surprised no one has taken interest in her yet, she is most notably radiant in a room, even with all these flooding personalities. I've always believed passion and ambition drives a person, and when I watch, "he turned back to look at Jane, "her..." He let out a slight sigh and turned back towards Anthony, "she surpasses every emotion I've ever known and understood. Your cousin, if I may, gives an entire new humble meaning to the word 'beauty'. I may be but a young man, but I feel as though I can judge a character fairly well." William let out a cheeky grin and a small laugh towards Anthony, "And I feel as though Jane and your cousin are both excellent beings on this lovely little place I call home."

As the various party-goers were approaching the Queen in her seat, William turned back to look at her just as she let out a small wave. He clutched the bouquet gently towards his chest and was simply awestruck by such magnificence. But as William and Anthony were chatting about Jane and young romance, Frithuwald had already downed 3 glasses of wine, clearly showing the hint of Scottish in his blood. Ida was just lost in his own thoughts trying to figure everyone out from the Scottish King, to the American delegates, and even the Chinese party. He had dealt with politics for a long time, and this may be just a ball, but it's one of political significance. Ida just kept making mental notes every chance he could get.

[quote name='Sarah Tintagyl' timestamp='1334447843' post='2953429']
It was after the departure of Pitt that the Athenian Imperial delegation approached the throne and appearing in front of her people's past protector, Jane moved up from her throne and clasped Ariadne's hands firmly in her own. "I cannot thank you enough, Majesty, for coming tonight. I would like to say that Ambassador Mendoza has been doing a spectacular job at balancing news from the Continent. Hopefully with cool heads, Europe will continue to know peace even with the new resurgence of nations happening across the Continent. Honestly, I hope you can stay in London for a time. It would be a great honor to speak with you personally, Majesty, and for the first time I can say, Monarch to Monarch."
[/quote]

"I must say that I wouldn't have wanted to miss this for a second, you have made sure to host an excellent event."Ariadne said with a smile. "I am glad to hear that Ambassador Mendoza has been able to continue his history of succesful missions in East Anglia. I would also look forward to staying here and talk to you in a more closed setting later on and will sure my schedule allows for this. Now I must ask, how does it feel to lead one of the fastest growing states? Not many can say they have more than doubled their realm in such a short time." She said.

[quote name='Sarah Tintagyl' timestamp='1334447843' post='2953429']
As the guests began to eat, dance, and mingle in front of her, Jane sighed as she watched the crowd beginning to shift towards the throne. This was always the longest part of parties, before she could take part in the festivities, she would have to say hello and attend to business of every delegate who came to the throne. Sitting up straight on her chair, the Queen had a platter of beef and bread brought over to her side as the first delegation, this one from China stepped up to where she sat. The Chinese had brought an enormous gift of treasure ships bound from Eastern ports to dock in London and their cargo of spices and silks were graciously unloaded and taken to Buckingham Palace. Now they approached her, Ryu, Leopold, and the Executor of the Imperator, Ding, who looked more like a full-bred European than either the Prince or Grandmaster.

The conversation began normal enough, until Ryu brought up the incident that occurred with the Arab. Jane raised her hand to quiet Ryu's voice and leaned forward and took his arm. "We can talk about something of that nature at the end of the ball, Master Hayabusa. I don't want people to overhear in the slight chance that our friend the Muslim might have worked for someone in this room. That said," she turned to Ding and bowed her head. "Please give the Imperator and Imperatrix my well wishes, they outdid themselves with such a tremendous gift. I hope that I will eventually get the chance to travel to Samarkand and see the beauties of the east, at least when things calm down here in England." Then smiling down at Leopold, she cupped his cheek in her hand. "And of course I expect to only see more of the knight who came to my protection during this terrible Rebellion. I'm sure I will see you three as the night progresses. Good day."
[/quote]

"I do believe your majesty." Ding said, "This first shipment makes you among the richest ladies in Europe. Perhaps later in the evening you will honor me with a private meeting where we can discuss a more permanent trade arrangement?" he suggested with a smile. "Perhaps East Anglia even holding the rights to all importations in the British Isles of spice, tea, and silk from the entire Orient?" he added with a clever grin.

As she grabbed Ryu's arm he shrugged, "Your majesty please down worry, I'm carrying around some extra antidotes now, plus Leopold seems to be training very hard since that night. We'll defeat the next one who shows up. But you are right... now is not the time for specifics, when you can spare a private moment."

Leopold grinned his face turning slightly red at the mention of his training, "You're too kind master." he said. He smiled widely at Jane, "Thank you you're majesty." he said bowing formally again. "It is an honor to protect you."

Ding stepped forward, "Let us know when you have time to talk, we take our leave." he said bowing as the three stepped away.

Turning away from the Queen, Ding's face turned white as he saw the Athenian Empress coming down the line, [i]Oh hell[/i] Ding thought, [i]hopefully she's sober and not in a bad mood.[/i] As they continued their walk back through the receiving line, the two men carefully eyed who was here for the party, exchanging pleasantries with the Athenian and Atlantic delegations as was proper with allies first while Leopold looked on watching and learning.

[quote name='Baskan' timestamp='1334452950' post='2953504']
"Ah, pleasure to meet you Anthony Grey." Though after the short introduction and the blatant telling of how William's obsessiveness was noticeable, he looked down almost in a bit of shame. But as Anthony seemed to approve more-or-less of William's actions, he looked back towards Anthony. "Well...I'd be surprised no one has taken interest in her yet, she is most notably radiant in a room, even with all these flooding personalities. I've always believed passion and ambition drives a person, and when I watch, "he turned back to look at Jane, "her..." He let out a slight sigh and turned back towards Anthony, "she surpasses every emotion I've ever known and understood. Your cousin, if I may, gives an entire new humble meaning to the word 'beauty'. I may be but a young man, but I feel as though I can judge a character fairly well." William let out a cheeky grin and a small laugh towards Anthony, "And I feel as though Jane and your cousin are both excellent beings on this lovely little place I call home."

As the various party-goers were approaching the Queen in her seat, William turned back to look at her just as she let out a small wave. He clutched the bouquet gently towards his chest and was simply awestruck by such magnificence. But as William and Anthony were chatting about Jane and young romance, Frithuwald had already downed 3 glasses of wine, clearly showing the hint of Scottish in his blood. Ida was just lost in his own thoughts trying to figure everyone out from the Scottish King, to the American delegates, and even the Chinese party. He had dealt with politics for a long time, and this may be just a ball, but it's one of political significance. Ida just kept making mental notes every chance he could get.
[/quote]
Listening to the way William talked of Jane, Anthony nodded agreeably every so often. Even if it hadn't been obvious before, it was now. The young prince was obviously smitten. "Oh, there have been others interested in her, but...considering her age, and where she was destined to end up...previous suitors all proved, well, [i]un[/i]suitable. No one was interested in her for [i]herself[/i]. Which really was quite a shame. Because it is as you say. She is a remarkable individual, whether she knows it yet or not." All of a sudden, the Earl of Kent clapped a friendly hand on William's shoulder. "Which is why, my friend, you must not waste another moment wondering what to say. At the first opportunity, go, speak to her. She is not one you wish to let slip away."

His uncovered eye winked conspiratorially at William, before his hand dropped away. He grinned once more at William, then turned to survey the barge, see who else had arrived. His gaze lit upon the one of the newcomers as she separated from her group, and there was no hiding the light of interest in his eye. "Forgive me for departing so suddenly, Prince William, but I must go and greet another guest of my gracious Queen." And just like that, he finished off his drink, and was off again into the growing crowd.

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' timestamp='1334398180' post='2953062']
King Malcolm, his children and their attendants and guards arrived shortly after the other guests and their arrival was announced by the sound of bag pipes and drums playing into the air as the Scottish procession made its way through London's streets, no doubt drawing much attention as the sound of bag pipes is want to do. The guards had kept their weapons though they remained sheathed as to not concern the english soldiers and people and once the procession arrived at the barges the guards remained nearby but not on the barges themselves as the Scottish king had decided to allow the english to guard him and his children.

Dismounting from his own steed Malcolm, who was wearing the traditional Scottish kilt and tartan jerkin with heavy riding boots as well as having a plain but well crafted crown atop his head, walked over to where his children were getting down from their horses and helped Eimhir his eldest daughter of eighteen dismount whilst Eochaidh his eldest son of sixteen was quick to dismount himself and move to his father's side. Together the three of them boarded the barges and made their way over to where the dancing had already begun.

Not wishing to take poart in the dancing yet Malcolm allowed his two children to go off on their own and mingle with the other guests and to talk, dance and east as they willed. And whilst Eochaidh who was dressed similary to his father minus the crown of course immediatly went over to sample the food and drink Eimhir who was wearing a stunning light blue dress that flowed down her body to just above her heels so it wouldn't be stepped on and complimented by a simple but elegant silver necklace around her neck which helped to frame her long black hair that fell just past her shoulders began to move about the other guests listening to their conversations and watching them and taking a judge of their character.

Malcolm meanwhile was content to move to one side of the dancing area and spotting that Queen Jane was busy in communication with what looked like a pair of men from the far east took a small glass of wine and sipped gently at it whilst he waited for a chance to talk to her as one monarch to another.
[/quote]
Anthony set aside his cup, on a tray a servitor carried for such a purpose, before approaching. He straightened the red and gold surcoat, though it was hardly needed, put a hand up to ensure the silvery patch, and his hat, were still in place, and then, with a broad smile, strode up to Eimhir, reaching for the hand of the Scottish princess so he could give it a gentlemanly kiss, if she would let him. If she did not, he would simply bow. Either way, he would doff the hat and tuck it under one arm, its enormous peacock feathers jutting up past his head even then. "Forgive me if you find my words and deeds forward, but I was taken aback by the lovely vision that is yourself. I must confess, when my peers talk of Scotland, they utterly fail to do justice to its natural beauty. Might I have the pleasure of your name, and perhaps even, if you can find it in your heart to favor me with such, a dance?" As he straightened once more, either from kissing her hand or simply from giving her a courtly bow, his face was all a delighted smile.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' timestamp='1334474024' post='2953673']
Anthony set aside his cup, on a tray a servitor carried for such a purpose, before approaching. He straightened the red and gold surcoat, though it was hardly needed, put a hand up to ensure the silvery patch, and his hat, were still in place, and then, with a broad smile, strode up to Eimhir, reaching for the hand of the Scottish princess so he could give it a gentlemanly kiss, if she would let him. If she did not, he would simply bow. Either way, he would doff the hat and tuck it under one arm, its enormous peacock feathers jutting up past his head even then. "Forgive me if you find my words and deeds forward, but I was taken aback by the lovely vision that is yourself. I must confess, when my peers talk of Scotland, they utterly fail to do justice to its natural beauty. Might I have the pleasure of your name, and perhaps even, if you can find it in your heart to favor me with such, a dance?" As he straightened once more, either from kissing her hand or simply from giving her a courtly bow, his face was all a delighted smile.
[/quote]

Eimhir did indeed allow Anthony to take her hand and place upon it a kiss which as he did would notice that her hands were not smooth and delicate as one would expect of a princess but were slightly rough and worn as if they had spent many a year holding reigns rather than needlework. As he straightened Eimhir would flash Anthony a coy smile and take a step closer so that by the time he was standing tall she was but a few inches from him though he towered above her slightly and she still hand a firm hold of his hand not having released it. "Why my dear father told me that all english men were nothing but womanising pigs, so it is truly delightful to have him proved wrong" she replied taking his hat from his other hand and placing it upon his brow. "I would be honoured to dance with you my dear" she said leading Anthony over to where the other dancers were.

"As to my name I am Eimhir, princess of Scotland and may I ask of your name handsome" Eimhir asked with a subtle flash of her eyelashes.

Malcolm smiled to inwardly to himself as he watched Eimhir sink her claws into the Earl of Kent and would make sure to ask her about her little dance after the night was done. Still it was time to move onto business and leaving his son to sample the many foods and drinks he carefully and calmly strode over to where Queen Jane sat upon her thrones talking to her guests. Noticing she was still talking with the Athenian delegation he stood where he could both be seen and yet still be a respectful distance away from any conversation they were having. He would stand there until a time that the young Queen was avaliable to talk to.

Edited by Kevin Kingswell

After some time Leopoldine gave up on searching for her relatives in the festive crowd. Most likely they had already found their own ways and in the end they would just meet somewhere again. There was not that much of a need to be concerned, given the Queen surely had taken measures for adequate security, so it was rather unlikely for a Fille de France to get hurt on this evening. Thus, Leopoldine wandered about on her own, looking at the various guests that were present. From Athens to Pocinctia, many countries had representatives at the event. That reminded Leopoldine, most likely noone of the French delegation was currently with the Queen, so it most likely would be best if she took care of it herself. Thus, the Mademoiselle looked out for the young girl that sat on the throne of East Anglia, though, it seemed she had to wait, till that one was finished talking to the Athenians. Waiting for that to happen, Leopoldine just watched the other guests, maybe she could spot something interesting.

Meanwhile, Josephine had gone over to the other side, where it seemed the King of Scots was waiting for an audience with Queen Jane. Indeed, the young girl was rather popular these days, but it was her evening after all and with this victory in a civil war, she had ascertained herself at least somewhat. How often did it happen that a 16 year old proved to be able to govern a whole country? Josephine took the opportunity to Malcolm. As the heir apparant of France, she would be required to deal with other leaders sooner or later and the Scots were of particular interest to France. Making personal contact was something a bit mandatory there. "Greetings. May I ask, would you be Malcolm, King of the Scots? I heard quite a bit of the North and you seem to fit the description that was given to me. My humble self is the Madame Royale, Josephine d'Orleans-Autriche-Este." Smilingly, she hoped to have guessed right.

Elene and Marie just cluelessly wandered around without real aim.

"I think," Jane started, still talking to Executor Ding from China. "That England, being able to hold all the rights of trade with China on the Isles would be a tremendous step for unification. Though I don't want to say that too loud that is the final goal. Of course, with the recent problems happening on the continent, there are some possibilities for quick economic gains. So Chinese assistance in the form of trade would be ideal. However, my Lord Executor, England and China have had such a rough relationship in the past, what changed your Imperator's mind to look on us favorably again." She turned to look at a few aristocrats in the distance, supports of the Windsor Family who watched the Queen with disdain. "Not that I mind, I think it's something to be proud of to have friends in the East. Especially ones who look over me while I sleep, in the good way." She laughed.

Following her discussion with Ding, the Queen turned back to the Athenian Empress. "Well I have to admit, Majesty, that I only hope that England's successes can continue. Our aim is of course unification of the isles, but with the signing of the Northern Alliance with Germany, I'd also like to have some voice on the continent." She spied the French delegation wandering through the party and smiled. "All to maintain closeness with our friends from France."

Seeing other members of the party staring at her, waiting for a chance to speak with the Queen, Jane gave them a wave of her hand. She was never too busy to speak with company.

"Pragmatism simply your majesty. The issue with the Windsors was principally one of Windsor cowardice in initiating a military operation, asking us for our assistance, and then complaining when what had to be done had to be done. The Brits of that time acted in a manner which one could only judge as foolhardy and put the credibility of an entire array of nations at risk, not just theirs. We simply used what rhetoric was available to us to legitimize our operations we were going to do anyway because of that action.

Such an issue was an issue of their regime not yours, we have little reason to hold you responsible for it." Ding replied frankly.

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1334502449' post='2953744']
After some time Leopoldine gave up on searching for her relatives in the festive crowd. Most likely they had already found their own ways and in the end they would just meet somewhere again. There was not that much of a need to be concerned, given the Queen surely had taken measures for adequate security, so it was rather unlikely for a Fille de France to get hurt on this evening. Thus, Leopoldine wandered about on her own, looking at the various guests that were present. From Athens to Pocinctia, many countries had representatives at the event. That reminded Leopoldine, most likely noone of the French delegation was currently with the Queen, so it most likely would be best if she took care of it herself. Thus, the Mademoiselle looked out for the young girl that sat on the throne of East Anglia, though, it seemed she had to wait, till that one was finished talking to the Athenians. Waiting for that to happen, Leopoldine just watched the other guests, maybe she could spot something interesting.

Meanwhile, Josephine had gone over to the other side, where it seemed the King of Scots was waiting for an audience with Queen Jane. Indeed, the young girl was rather popular these days, but it was her evening after all and with this victory in a civil war, she had ascertained herself at least somewhat. How often did it happen that a 16 year old proved to be able to govern a whole country? Josephine took the opportunity to Malcolm. As the heir apparant of France, she would be required to deal with other leaders sooner or later and the Scots were of particular interest to France. Making personal contact was something a bit mandatory there. "Greetings. May I ask, would you be Malcolm, King of the Scots? I heard quite a bit of the North and you seem to fit the description that was given to me. My humble self is the Madame Royale, Josephine d'Orleans-Autriche-Este." Smilingly, she hoped to have guessed right.

Elene and Marie just cluelessly wandered around without real aim.
[/quote]

Smiling with respect and greeting Malcolm turned to Josephine and bowed to her before replying. "You are correct Madam d'Orleans-Autriche-Este I am indeed King Malcolm of Scotland. I must say it is a pleasure to meet you. Are you enjoying the ball so far?"