OSA Shutdown and Reboot

[center][img]http://www.theopensourcealliance.com/osafiles/osabaner2.gif[/img][/center]

[b][size="5"]To All Those To Whom These Presents Come[/size][/b]
[right][b][size="5"]Greetings,[/size][/b][/right]

We who live by the Doctrine of Openness come before you for the last time to announce before all and sundry, Our decision to dissolve Our Union and join Our friends of longstanding in [u]The Last Remnants[/u] and to express Our appreciation for the friendships and assistance shared with Us over the years by Our Allies in the [u]Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism[/u] to whom We owe a great debt of gratitude and loyalty and which We each individually stand ever ready to honour.

In Our three years of confederation, We have experienced the highs and lows, triumphs and tribulations concomitant with such a Union. We have enjoyed the excitement of new friends and members joining Our Fold, and We have felt the pain of seeing our brethren in Checkmate. predecease Us and of seeing friends depart this realm. We have won wars and lost battles. We have been jubilant in victory and humble in defeat (here’s looking at you Digiterran Football…). Most of all, We have been happy in Our Home.

When however, the number of empty seats outnumber those still filled, even the warmest of homes can be a lonely place. And so, while we close the Great Door of Openness today, the gateway to Our happy memories remains ever ajar waiting only for a word, familiar face, feeling or image to open the floodgates of nostalgia.

And so friends and foe alike, We take our leave from you as Open Sourcers, and greet you as Remnants.

[center][img]http://images.wikia.com/cybernations/images/9/9e/TLRflagwavemaroon-blue.png[/img][/center]

[quote][center][b][size="6"]Final Act of the Open Source Alliance[/size][/b][/center]

[center][img]http://images.wikia.com/cybernations/images/0/0b/OSAXFlag.png[/img][/center]

Be It Enacted by the Common-sense Council of the Open Source Alliance, by and with the Consent of the Ministers and President in Rational Communion Assembled, on the Authority of the Source Code and Consolidated Statutes of the Open Source Alliance, Through the Sovereign Command Entrusted to them by the Membership of the Same that the Free, Democratic and Transparent Association of Nation Rulers Constituted by the Aforementioned Source Code and Consolidated Statutes be Duly Dissolved with Immediate and Permanent Effect.

Given in the Presence of the Membership of the Open Source Alliance under the Presidential Hand at the Great Door of The Realm of Openness, this first day of March in the forty-second Year of Our Lord Linus Benedict Torvalds.[/quote]

[b]Housekeeping Announcements [/b]
[list=1]
[*][i]No public shout-outs. Those of you deserving of such recognition, and there are many, already know how much you have meant and continue to mean to us. Lines of mushy, sentimental praise and thanks which will invariably omit some important person or contribution is not in our opinion befitting of the solemnity of this occasion.[/i]
[*][i][b]The OSA AAs (Open Source Alliance and OSA Student)are under the Protection of The Last Remnants[/b].[/i]
[*][i]The curtain has fallen on the [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=59272"]Comedy of System Errors[/url], but not on the friendships between Open Sourcers and SNAFUers[/i]
[/list]

Edited by Nolissar

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As the last remnant of Checkmate. it is fitting that you joined The Last Remnants. OSA was a top class ally and I look forward to working with you guys in TLR for some time to come.

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1330607413' post='2931191']
Welcome to The Last Remnants!

Confirming the Protection of their AA with this post even though I have no authority to do so! :awesome:
[/quote]

Meh, it counts. I second this motion. Don't mess, or we will show you why OSA.......doesn't...need........ok that joke is done.

Also, O'Samurai United will continue to dominate the DFA in everything except penalty kicks.

Edited by AirMe