The CN Grand Give

bros

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Olaf Styke' timestamp='1328016461' post='2911509']
Jesus, some attitude you guys have. Here we are, getting together in the spirit of charity and compassion, to raise a bit of money for those few medical professionals who have the guts and dedication to step outside the air-conditioned world of western medicine and get their hands dirty on the frontier... and all you can do is throw insults at VL for having reservations, and now me for having some empathy for the guy? Where is the spirit of compassion? Who cares weather he's suspicious, you guys should be above calling him names in a bloody CHARITY thread. That's only bound to turn people off it. Swallow your pride.

It's a good cause. Don't let DWB get caught in IC crossfire.

Edit: If you can't empathize or sympathize with VL's hesitation, that's fine, but the mature thing to do would have been to let it slide, not carry on mocking him for it for 2 pages.
[/quote]
All you two are doing is throwing backhand slaps and getting upset when we push you off. If you don't have something nice to say about a charity drive then get out and go write about it in a blog on the forums. Don't trash a thread because you want to express your concerns about our in-game intentions where people are trying to raise money for an international organization.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1328022415' post='2911536']
Did what I could.

If you would've started this before 12/31/11, I surely would've found a way to come up with more. :)
[/quote]

hahaha yeah

Due to the success of this one, we're going to hold another one around October or so, for another charity (Perhaps the runner up in the poll on the MK forums, which was Easter Seals?)

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1328023965' post='2911541']
Its Médecins Sans Frontières and its a PR stunt
[/quote]

Look at the logo and no.

Jesus, some attitude you guys have. Here we are, getting together in the spirit of charity and compassion, to raise a bit of money for those few medical professionals who have the guts and dedication to step outside the air-conditioned world of western medicine and get their hands dirty on the frontier... and all you can do is throw insults at VL for having reservations, and now me for having some empathy for the guy? Where is the spirit of compassion? Who cares weather he's suspicious, you guys should be above calling him names in a bloody CHARITY thread. That's only bound to turn people off it. Swallow your pride.

Edit: If you can't empathize or sympathize with VL's hesitation, that's fine, but the mature thing to do would have been to let it slide, not carry on mocking him for it for 2 pages.
[/quote]

So it's alright for someone to rant and rave delusionally about how this- a charity drive -is a PR stunt from the big bad Kingdom. That's fine. But when someone calls them out for it due to the ridiculousness of this notion, [b]that[/b] is what's compromising the Integrity of this thread? OK.

[/quote]

I think you've become dizzy from all that spin.

Donated 10bux, feel kinda pathetic compared to some of these other donations, but if we do this again, I will most definitely be able to donate more later this year (hooray getting a job a such).

edit: I was bored and did a quick tally of all the donations and what each alliance has accounted for:

[code]
Alliance Donation
MK $1,179.00
Val $305.00
OBR $150.00
VE $110.00
GATO $110.00
SNAFU $100.00
NG $70.50
UE $53.85
IRON $50.00
CCC $50.00
TOP $40.77
Umb $35.00
Anon $20.00
BN $20.00
ODN $20.00
Invicta $10.00
[/code]

Anon is anonymous. I don't know what alliance that correlates to. MK has a big lead, followed by Valhalla. Keep 'em coming!

Edited by AAAAAAAAAAGGGG

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1328058854' post='2911977']
Donated 10bux, feel kinda pathetic compared to some of these other donations, but if we do this again, I will most definitely be able to donate more later this year (hooray getting a job a such).

edit: I was bored and did a quick tally of all the donations and what each alliance has accounted for:

[code]
Alliance Donation
MK $1,179.00
Val $305.00
OBR $150.00
VE $110.00
GATO $110.00
SNAFU $100.00
NG $70.50
UE $53.85
IRON $50.00
CCC $50.00
TOP $40.77
Umb $35.00
Anon $20.00
BN $20.00
ODN $20.00
Invicta $10.00
[/code]

Anon is anonymous. I don't know what alliance that correlates to. MK has a big lead, followed by Valhalla. Keep 'em coming!
[/quote]

Your numbers are different from mine.

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1328060240' post='2911988']
It's entirely possible that I made a mistake. I did all of this by hand and threw them into a spreadsheet so I could have missed or misplaced a number.
[/quote]

I had a quick check, part of the difference is that I counted Gaurav as a MK member despite him not listing MK. And I am just as likely to have made a mistake.

[/quote]
I am now not going to ask you nicely. We are trying to do a good thing, we are currently wildly successful, and nobody wants to hear you cry about something in-character for a role-playing game, least of all me. If you've donated, thank you for your generosity; you have made your point - stop. If you haven't and are not intending to, leave and take your holier-than-thou !@#$ with you.

I have no more to say to you.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1328062673' post='2912022']
Looks like there is a very generous and very secretive contributor. The total went up by about $800, but the amount isn't associated with any names in the list.
[/quote]

Or the admin panel for the page.

Or an email alerting me to the donation.

I guess the donation, due to its generous size, has to clear something before it appears?