Declaration of War

Gaeta

[quote name='Chris Kaos' timestamp='1323937679' post='2878743']
Hmm, allow us to take a cursory glance at the data:

The Apparatus entered on 12/11 with a Nation Strength of just under 3.2 million. By the time VE entered on 12/14 (and therefore before VE had done any damage), The Apparatus' NS had dropped to 2.8 million, a net loss of just under 400 000 NS. In the same time period, GATO went from slightly under 7.9 million to 7.35 million. A loss of just over 500k NS. Considering the Apparatus was engaged with no other alliance at that time, and GATO was already heavily engaged with MHA, and the fact that there's an advantage from blitzing such an occupied opponent in a coordinated assault, I think it is safe to say that GATO is on equal or superior footing to the Apparatus at this time. Let us not even begin to broach the subject of MHA's losses in this time period. It would be, I think, humiliating for them to consider.

Thank you and good day, sir.
[/quote]

I don't think that we're really going to have overwhelming numbers. I can say that I'm happy to see that we were able to do some pretty nice damage for a fairly small alliance.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='chiles' timestamp='1323969951' post='2878925']
I don't think that we're really going to have overwhelming numbers. I can say that I'm happy to see that we were able to do some pretty nice damage for a fairly small alliance.
[/quote]
I don't disagree with you. App hit us pretty hard. But to say that what App has done was 'much more effective' than what GATO did to App is just silly.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1323930103' post='2878587']
TPF was allied to VE the first time they burned, we canceled to be on the winning side, and I regret leaving a friend to die simply to save my own skin, I'll never do that again, I'm disappointed TBB would do it once more.
[/quote]

Stop making !@#$ up to make yourself look honorable.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1323930103' post='2878587']
TPF was allied to VE the first time they burned, we canceled to be on the winning side, and I regret leaving a friend to die simply to save my own skin, I'll never do that again, I'm disappointed TBB would do it once more.
[/quote]

Might I inquire as to what was the name or nature (ODP, MDP etc) of the treaty we cancelled? I can't seem to find it anywhere in our archives for some reason.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1323971436' post='2878950']
Stop making !@#$ up to make yourself look honorable.
[/quote]
Perhaps if more people actually believed in honor, we'd live in a different world.

[quote name='Roadie' timestamp='1323977838' post='2879023']
Might I inquire as to what was the name or nature (ODP, MDP etc) of the treaty we cancelled? I can't seem to find it anywhere in our archives for some reason.
[/quote]
I was thinking of WUT, and I forgot they left, it was CIS who got kicked out and not VE, so former ally would be better wording, but it was 4am when I was posting. My point was attacking people a month after a treaty you held with them was canceled is kinda $%&@ed up unless they did something dramatic, and not simply exist on a particular sphere that another of your allies had the ego to believe he should dominate it.

[quote name='Chris Kaos' timestamp='1323970356' post='2878930']
I don't disagree with you. App hit us pretty hard. But to say that what App has done was 'much more effective' than what GATO did to App is just silly.
[/quote]

GATO's gave it back as much as we dished it out! Given our alliance make-up (top heavy) and GATO's having some high nations held in reserve (peace mode), I believe that our top nations were able to overwhelm GATO's top nations slightly, while GATO's shear numbers overwhelmed the bottom 2/3 of our alliance, evening the statistics significantly if not pushing them in their favor. It's a good battle; very competent coordination and individual fighting skills on both sides. Very worthy opponents in my opinion. After The Apparatus' victory I'm sure we can be friends! :)

Here's to more casualties!

Phrog

[quote name='Phrog' timestamp='1323982751' post='2879069']
GATO's gave it back as much as we dished it out! Given our alliance make-up (top heavy) and GATO's having some high nations held in reserve (peace mode), I believe that our top nations were able to overwhelm GATO's top nations slightly, while GATO's shear numbers overwhelmed the bottom 2/3 of our alliance, evening the statistics significantly if not pushing them in their favor. It's a good battle; very competent coordination and individual fighting skills on both sides. Very worthy opponents in my opinion. After The Apparatus' victory I'm sure we can be friends! :)

Here's to more casualties!

Phrog
[/quote]

Actually Phrog, brings up a great point, GATO, what the hell are you guys doing? Get your big nations out of peace mode already, 9 of your top 20 nations are in hiding. Dont worry VE will protect you from the big bad Apparatus. But that is a million NS sitting around doing nothing, when it could be used to to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

[quote name='Phrog' timestamp='1323982751' post='2879069']
After The Apparatus' victory I'm sure we can be friends! :)
[/quote]

I hate to tell you it will be a GATO&Co[sup]TM[/sup]. victory. Still you have proven yourselves loyal and effective to your allies and for that I would love to further friendships after the war (and during it of course).

[quote name='Sweeeeet Ronny D' timestamp='1323996448' post='2879303']
Actually Phrog, brings up a great point, GATO, what the hell are you guys doing? Get your big nations out of peace mode already, 9 of your top 20 nations are in hiding. Dont worry VE will protect you from the big bad Apparatus. But that is a million NS sitting around doing nothing, when it could be used to to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
[/quote]

Our Milcoms have been in contact and everything is going well no worries :)

VE are some great warriors. Very smart.

Message: A spy operation has been launched against your nation. In the attack the enemy spies targeted your nuclear missiles but were unable to locate any due to your hidden nuclear missile silos. In the attack your counter spies managed to kill 20 enemy spies and your attackers identity has been publicly revealed.

And that was the second time

Edited by dewe48

[quote name='dewe48' timestamp='1324050607' post='2879919']

Message: A spy operation has been launched against your nation. In the attack the enemy spies targeted your nuclear missiles but were unable to locate any due to your hidden nuclear missile silos. In the attack your counter spies managed to kill 20 enemy spies and your attackers identity has been publicly revealed.

[/quote]

Haha, yeah like a lot of alliances, we have some people who don't pay enough attention. Thank you for the heads up and we'll see if we can target something else. :)

[/quote]

Ah come on now, im trying to be nice to you guys because i like your spunk, lets not turn this into pointing out stupid mistakes of our opponents, because both of my App opponents have been screwing up. (not that im complaining)

Edited by Sweeeeet Ronny D

[/quote]

Haven't you guys only been fighting like...3 days? And out of nukes already?
Maybe he assumed you weren't terrible, which was apparently a poor assumption

[/quote]

Let's not start pointing out mistakes here because both my App opponents have been making plenty of mistakes (when they bother to attack, still waiting on a GA!) and overall I've been hearing of very low warchests. So just enjoy the fight, no need to throw stones.

[/quote]

HNMS screw-ups are fair game for criticisms, as are failed staggers (yes, we had one). Beyond that I'd recommend we keep military mistakes out of this thread or it's going to get ugly real fast.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1324059065' post='2879983']
Haven't you guys only been fighting like...3 days? And out of nukes already?
Maybe he assumed you weren't terrible, which was apparently a poor assumption
[/quote]

sending nukes to 5 guys a day will do that to you. :nuke:

[quote name='asawyer' timestamp='1324060429' post='2879999']
HNMS screw-ups are fair game for criticisms, as are failed staggers (yes, we had one). Beyond that I'd recommend we keep military mistakes out of this thread or it's going to get ugly real fast.
[/quote]

But twice?

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1324062737' post='2880020']
You really don't want to get into a pissing contest here regarding mistakes by alliance members.
[/quote]
I just like to stir the pot a little. I guess it's too easy on here, people are a bit touchy. Always remember if you start a pissing contest start up wind.

[quote name='dewe48' timestamp='1324062901' post='2880024']
I just like to stir the pot a little. I guess it's too easy on here, people are a bit touchy. Always remember if you start a pissing contest start up wind.
[/quote]

We just don't want to embarrass you guys considering how cool some of your members have been, especially since most alliances have those members that will never learn (although ours did, already talked to him and he was apparently drunk last night). Honestly you're far outnumbered and you will end up surrendering in the end, it's nothing to gloat about for us so we're trying to keep it respectful.

Edited by WarriorConcept