Complaining and Grieving

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Soviet Limburg' timestamp='1316983960' post='2808366']
We have unanimously decided to accept the application of the [b]Global Alliance and Treaty Organization[/b]. We deemed them to be outstanding friends that are committed to go further for their friends than most other alliances.[/quote]

Uhhhhhh..., I direct you to the timestamps of the following declarations of war and surrenders:

[quote name='Style #386' timestamp='1295585165' post='2587999']
The Global Alliance and Treaty Organization hereby Declares war on the Random Insanity Alliance in defense of the Imperial Assault Alliance.[/quote]

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1296626566' post='2615738']
It is with great joy that the alliances undersigned come to a mutual peace. Many of those you will see listed below were, not many days ago, good and amicable allies and it is with great joy that – having honored their obligations to friend and ally – we can return to that state.

[b]Global Alliance and Treaty Organization[/b]:
TimLee
[i]Assembly Chairman[/i]
Arsenal,
[i]Minister of Foreign Affairs[/i]
Wootmeister,
[i]Minister of Defense[/i]
[i]GATO Congress XL[/i]
[/quote]

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1299887421' post='2660572']
[i][b]AN OFFICIAL IAA ANNOUNCEMENT[/b]
[/i]
IAA accepts peace with the following terms:[/quote]

So I guess if you define "further for their friends than most other alliances" as less than two rounds of war while their allies get another 5 weeks of war, then you are correct. But that's not a very good definition.

GATO has shown war after war after war that GATO is out for Number 1 and no one else.

So, congratulations to GATO for getting a chair at a serious bloc, you're nice guys and all, but you're not very good at honoring treaties. Condolences to NPO that it took so long for an unholy union between ODN and GATO that now you're on the same side and can't have some real fun.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1316986087' post='2808410']
Uhhhhhh..., I direct you to the timestamps of the following declarations of war and surrenders:

So I guess if you define "further for their friends than most other alliances" as less than two rounds of war while their allies get another 5 weeks of war, then you are correct. But that's not a very good definition.

GATO has shown war after war after war that GATO is out for Number 1 and no one else.

So, congratulations to GATO for getting a chair at a serious bloc, you're nice guys and all, but you're not very good at honoring treaties. Condolences to NPO that it took so long for an unholy union between ODN and GATO that now you're on the same side and can't have some real fun.
[/quote]

Thanks for your observations and fact checking. Your notes have been looked at and discarded.

I mean really, can we get on to other things yet?

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1316985456' post='2808399']
I called this move in June, so, congrats for me! ^_^
[/quote]

What took you so long? The first time I discussed GATO as a possible entry to C&G was... some time in April, I think. And I was pretty low-level gov.

Anyway, I've been talking to GATO a lot recently (the last 5 months) and they're nice guys. I look forward to seeing what they do in C&G.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1316986087' post='2808410']
So, congratulations to GATO for getting a chair at a serious bloc, you're nice guys and all, but you're not very good at honoring treaties. Condolences to NPO that it took so long for an [b]unholy union between ODN and GATO[/b] that now you're on the same side and can't have some real fun.
[/quote]
Let the world tremble!

Welcome GATO! :wub:

[quote name='Yankees Empire' timestamp='1316987916' post='2808443']
Let the world tremble!
[/quote]
I look forward to replies from you because you understand when I'm using a rhetorical device.

[quote name='letub' timestamp='1316986640' post='2808417']
Thanks for your observations and fact checking. Your notes have been looked at and discarded.

I mean really, can we get on to other things yet?
[/quote]
Hey, if you've got the punchbowl, I've got the turd. The only one who can change the way GATO behaves in war is GATO, not me, so when someone says something that flies in the face of all recorded history and reality like "GATO goes further and longer" for its friends/allies, what am I supposed to do? There's no "o/" hotkey on my keyboard.
What GATO [i]has [/i]shown is that GATO has, after 4 years, moved on from the idea that they can create their own independent bloc or treaty cluster (which have all failed [i]because [/i]GATO is in it for GATO alone) and have adopted a more realistic and practicable foreign policy. And as far as I'm concerned, congratulations to GATO on their admission to C&G. But don't sell it to us with falsehoods, and no one will point them out.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1316989161' post='2808452']
I look forward to replies from you because you understand when I'm using a rhetorical device.

Hey, if you've got the punchbowl, I've got the turd. The only one who can change the way GATO behaves in war is GATO, not me, so when someone says something that flies in the face of all recorded history and reality like "GATO goes further and longer" for its friends/allies, what am I supposed to do? There's no "o/" hotkey on my keyboard.
What GATO [i]has [/i]shown is that GATO has, after 4 years, moved on from the idea that they can create their own independent bloc or treaty cluster (which have all failed [i]because [/i]GATO is in it for GATO alone) and have adopted a more realistic and practicable foreign policy. And as far as I'm concerned, congratulations to GATO on their admission to C&G. But don't sell it to us with falsehoods, and no one will point them out.
[/quote]

Thats fine to think that, however its not true. Dig a little deeper than the OWF and you'll see things about Synergy (not entirely dead), and our previous wars concerning LoSS and IAA, GOD et al.

Also, we we're MDoAP'd with ODN and Athens during those times, so surely by now they know how we act?

Anyway, get yourself a o/ hotkey, you've been in CN long enough.

Congrats GATO - you've got some good company, particularly our friends in TiNT and ODN, 'n I hope it all goes well for the four of you! :)

[quote name='Soviet Limburg' timestamp='1316983960' post='2808366']
[b]For the [i]New Pacific Order[/i]:[/b]
No signatures were received...
[/quote]

Slackers. :ph34r: