No defeat alert?

Viluin

Ground attack -> Buy Guerrilla Camps -> Check GA screen, 97% odds -> No defeat alert? Then I just sold the camps and GA'd a second time.

But why wasn't a defeat alert sent? It just showed the usual story about anarchy and stuff, but no damage was reported and no DA message was sent despite the nation's inability to defend itself and me still having a GA left for the day. I've also added up the damage caused by my attacks and I'm certain no DA damage took place.

EDIT: No nuclear weapons were involved.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Captain Nathan Brittles' timestamp='1316363090' post='2803011']
Were there other nations at war with the target? If so, could one of them have issued the defeat alert?
[/quote]

Nope, just me. It was like a minute after the update, too. This is the guy: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=186186

He was anarchied pre-update and I attempted to give him a DA post-update, which failed.

I'm not sure why this would happen and I'm really interested in finding out, because defeat alerts are a huge part of my strategy. Don't think I've ever noticed this before. If it turns out to be a bug don't bother applying the damage to the target nation anyway, that won't be necessary lol.

Edited by Viluin

You cannot attack Damasca at this time because their battle odds are at 3% and are not high enough to fight your forces. The government of Damasca has just been sent into Anarchy due to their lack of security forces. Riots engulf the nation of Damasca as your soldiers relax and enjoy their victory.

Where is the defeat alert? I still had one ground attack left for the day (no nukes involved). I know this worked in the past, I used to GA -> Defeat Alert -> GA (after destroying improvements) all the time.

Edited by Viluin

• 2 months later...

[quote name='admin' timestamp='1323435604' post='2870862']
If you can't do a defeat alert it means they are already in Anarchy for the day. The defender probably self Anarchy'ed before you came along.
[/quote]

It happened seconds after the update, they weren't online, and I was their only opponent so it couldn't have been someone else. In both cases they were anarchied pre-update.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1323671629' post='2874955']
Could you have re-anarchied him with your first GA? Is that a possible reason for why he wouldn't get the DA in after?
[/quote]

I've done this before in the past. It was like my signature move. AFAIK anarchying someone through a ground attack never counted as that nation being "defeated" for the day. Only a nuke, a defeat alert or overdeploying would do that.

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1323758953' post='2876320']
I've done this before in the past. It was like my signature move. AFAIK anarchying someone through a ground attack never counted as that nation being "defeated" for the day. Only a nuke, a defeat alert or overdeploying would do that.
[/quote]
I suppose the relevant question now is whether or not this has happened recently. Because as far as I can tell, this issue has been resolved...

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1323797273' post='2876702']
Lol, how has it been resolved?
[/quote]
As if I know. But if you haven't had this issue, then what reason have you to believe that it hasn't been resolved? Which leads me back to my question... have you had this issue recently?

[quote name='Velocity111' timestamp='1323798135' post='2876720']
As if I know. But if you haven't had this issue, then what reason have you to believe that it hasn't been resolved? Which leads me back to my question... have you had this issue recently?
[/quote]

I haven't attempted to do this recently because I don't feel like possibly losing an opportunity to GA only to find out the defeat alert doesn't work, plus it requires planning beforehand as well as an update attack. It's the 1x GA -> Defeat alert combo that seems to have stopped working, because it did work in the past.

Edited by Viluin

• 2 weeks later...

This just happened to me. I attacked once, then redeployed more troops to get the DA. I have 97% odds now with an attack leftover but no DA was sent.

[url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=216915"]http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=216915[/url]

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1317013404' post='2808788']Where is the defeat alert? I still had one ground attack left for the day (no nukes involved). I know this worked in the past, I used to GA -> Defeat Alert -> GA (after destroying improvements) all the time.
[/quote]

I don't think this has ever been possible. I never did this in the hundreds of wars I fought in, and in fact, it's the classic problem of two people deploy vs someone, one of them does aggressive and causes too many casualties, then the second cannot do anything - no defeat alert nor GA.

You can do Defeat Alert -> sell stuff -> GAx2, but I don't think you've ever been able to cause a defeat alert after someone was GA'd (or nuked without the FSS).

Unless things have changed in the years I was away to cause a defeat alert required the FIRST attempt to attack on ground to have the 95% odds, and if you were to do a GA before hitting a defeat alert, you'd not be able to cause a defeat alert.

[quote name='enderland' timestamp='1324838016' post='2886233']
I don't think this has ever been possible. I never did this in the hundreds of wars I fought in, and in fact, it's the classic problem of two people deploy vs someone, one of them does aggressive and causes too many casualties, then the second cannot do anything - no defeat alert nor GA.

You can do Defeat Alert -> sell stuff -> GAx2, but I don't think you've ever been able to cause a defeat alert after someone was GA'd (or nuked without the FSS).

Unless things have changed in the years I was away to cause a defeat alert required the FIRST attempt to attack on ground to have the 95% odds, and if you were to do a GA before hitting a defeat alert, you'd not be able to cause a defeat alert.
[/quote]

I'm not sure there is enough information provided to determine where/how the problem being reported is occurring given the accounts are somewhat anecdotal and short in terms of actual details. This assertion is wrong however, it's been possible for as long as I can remember. I've done it in the same timeframe as the initial report. I have records dating back to GW3 where I was able to GA -> Defeat Alert -> GA. As mentioned by Viluin some use it as a strategy.

The question is how reliably can the problem be produced? It's not looking very reproducable given the small number of reports measured against the huge number of wars/attacks made since the initial report.

I actually had issues with defeat alerts similar to the posters above during the Tetris-Legion war.

I couldn't get a defeat alert for the life of me... I thought it was just me/I was doing something wrong, but seeing the OP makes me think there might be something going on.

• 4 years later...

On 10/14/2016 at 11:35 AM, eviljak said:

This happened to me last night. The other guy attkin my target wasnt online yet...i hit with  two ga's before update...one after...then the last one said i had 97% odds but no DA. I assume this bug has never been fixed?

On 10/16/2016 at 1:40 AM, LordDarrin said:

just happened again..same target as Eviljak...no one nuked..97% odds..nothing

I had this happen to me this morning.

I think the answer is simply to ignore it and toss nukes if you have them. Considering the age of this thread and the Mod comments above....they don't care.

The lesson is that if your problem is simply 'anecdotal' and you can't prove that it happened -- tell me, how do I show a copy of a PM that was neither created nor sent? -- then nothing will happen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2016 at 10:35 AM, eviljak said:

This happened to me last night. The other guy attkin my target wasnt online yet...i hit with  two ga's before update...one after...then the last one said i had 97% odds but no DA. I assume this bug has never been fixed?

Your first attack put the defending soldiers at less than 20% of his citizens, he had no deployed soldiers to bring home, so he was automatically thrown in Anarchy during your first attack. I missed this piece of code when I responded previously, "If you can't do a defeat alert it means they are already in Anarchy for the day" which is true, however it could either be the defender putting themselves in Anarchy, or another way is via an initial attack putting them below 20% soldiers:citizens.