STA September Press Conference

pezstar

Welcome to the September STA Press Conference. I'll start with some updates!

Ragashingo, our MoFA, has left this realm. We have not yet decided on a replacement for him. Honestly, much of our government is extremely busy IRL right now, and if you can't get ahold of one of us on IRC, shoot me a message here on the forums. I promise to respond asap!

We will miss Moridin very much. He has been a friend for quite a long time.

We don't have much going on. Like most alliances, we're going through a bit of a stagnant phase that tends to happen when it's been awhile since a war. Our forums are active, but no one is talking a whole lot about the Cyberverse right now! Essentially, all is quiet in the STA.

If you have a question, post away. Thanks for stopping by!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1315427648' post='2796462']
How far up his own ass is Tyga's head stuck?

Just curious...
[/quote]
Glad to see some things don't change.

I don't really have any questions for STA, you guys have always been :awesome: and will remain so no matter what I say.

:smug: [quote name='deth2munkies' timestamp='1315427753' post='2796464']
Glad to see some things don't change.

I don't really have any questions for STA, you guys have always been :awesome: and will remain so no matter what I say.
[/quote]

You've missed a lot since you've been gone. STA shouldn't even be posting these public question things anymore, honestly.

e: no clue how smug smiley got in there, but whatever...fate, I guess. Edited by nippy

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1315428288' post='2796467']
I was about to ask "How bad are your relations with Valhalla like at this point?", but I think this answered it for me :P
[/quote]

I didn't think they were bad at all. I thought we had begun the process of moving on. Here's the backstory.

NV and Valhalla were working well together, and after a long time of building relations, both parties were interested in a treaty. Months ago, NV said they weren't willing to cause strain to our relationship by signing with Valhalla. A few months after that, post war and post STA getting our house back in order, we were discussing some things internally and decided that we'd be willing to let everything go with Valhalla and drop the long-time feud with them if they'd issue an apology in their embassy on our forum. Meanwhile, we gave NV our blessing to treaty Valhalla, and assured them that it wouldn't be an issue for us. Chefjoe came and apologized, Tyga (as well as what I would characterize as about half of the alliance, if I had to guess) felt like the apology was half-assed and meaningless, and that it didn't actually address the issues. The other half either didn't care at all, or just wanted to let it go. He posted as much in response, and we heard nothing in response for a couple of months. Meanwhile, we told NV that regardless of the apology situation, they still have our blessing to go ahead with their treaty. We didn't really care all that much, so we didn't approach Valhalla about it because we're sort of sick of the drama llama, and ultimately, NV deserves the chance to build a relationship with their new ally. A week or so ago, I guess someone at Valhalla decided to check in in their embassy. Bud posted something that was sort of non-sensical, and some of our members responded and there was a short (like, less than a page) of back and forth. I don't think the thread has really seen any action in a few days now.

As far as I was aware, STA and Valhalla were happy to have a peaceful, quiet co-existence without the need to be jerks to each other. Apparently, Chefjoe was on a different page. I suppose it's ok. Feuds are fun.

*Shakes fist at Valhalla* You bad guys! You very bad guys!

Edited by pezstar

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1315429230' post='2796475']**snip**
[/quote]

More like we recently had an internal issue where someone just saw Tyga's reply in our embassy and another member asking why we aren't buddy buddy and how he thinks it wrong that we aren't best friends. Before last week, i don't believe I've seen STA mentioned in our gov channels since that thread went up a few months ago.

So Joe is all uppity and he likes to shake things up for the hell of it sometimes. Nothing new about that, much to our chagrin at times.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1315429230' post='2796475']
As far as I was aware, STA and Valhalla were happy to have a peaceful, (...) Feuds are fun.

[/quote]

Pretty agree with you ! I always found our alliances to be very similar (apart from the fact the we used to exchange Toga)... and having a historical nemesis is cool ;)

*Shakes fist at STA back* No You bad guys! You very bad moralists! ;)

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1315429230' post='2796475']

[/quote]

Thing is pez, as far as I knew we WERE past things. We talked. I met your request for an apology for my actions in trying to harm your community, you looked it over and basicly said "Thats great, thank you", and then after much time had passed Tyga decides to post some FU back at me and trying to imply said apology wasnt sincere.

Heres a clue tyga, I had ZERO incentive(NV relations were already well past the STA issue) to post that other then out of good will and to throw pez a bone because weve known each other for a long time and it seemed like as good a time as any these days to move on. You decided you did not want to and also to hold onto the old grudge. Thats totally fine by me but after I/we have made many many efforts(you can discount them all you want but the fact remains is WE have always been the ones to approach you guys only to be sent packing) and your continued stance only shows what stodgy ol $%&@ you really are.

Cest le vie, im sure stagnation feels fun wrapped in your rose colored blanky....

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1315433822' post='2796498']
Thing is pez, as far as I knew we WERE past things. We talked. I met your request for an apology for my actions in trying to harm your community, you looked it over and basicly said "Thats great, thank you", and then after much time had passed Tyga decides to post some FU back at me and trying to imply said apology wasnt sincere.

Heres a clue tyga, I had ZERO incentive(NV relations were already well past the STA issue) to post that other then out of good will and to throw pez a bone because weve known each other for a long time and it seemed like as good a time as any these days to move on. You decided you did not want to and also to hold onto the old grudge. Thats totally fine by me but after I/we have made many many efforts(you can discount them all you want but the fact remains is WE have always been the ones to approach you guys only to be sent packing) and your continued stance only shows what stodgy ol $%&@ you really are.

Cest le vie, im sure stagnation feels fun wrapped in your rose colored blanky....
[/quote]

Honestly... I tried. I really did. Some of us thought everything was fine and were willing to move on. Others of us didn't feel like the magnitude of the issues were addressed and weren't willing to move on. I don't fault either camp. We were really shaken by the bipolar stuff, and it left scars that haven't yet healed. At the end of the day, our goal was to make NV comfortable signing with you guys, and that happened, so I'm happy.

Let the fist shaking resume!

Edited by pezstar

[img]http://assets.flickchart.com/blogassets/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-6.jpg[/img]

What is your Name?

What is your Quest?

What is the Air-speed velocity of an unladen Barn Swallow?

Our last Everything Must Dieâ„¢ campaign only enjoyed limited success (clearly, not everyone has died) - do you have any advice on where/what to do better next time? Would the STA be willing to join such a campaign to wash its sins against the Kingdom?

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1315458451' post='2796673']
Our last Everything Must Dieâ„¢ campaign only enjoyed limited success (clearly, not everyone has died) - do you have any advice on where/what to do better next time? Would the STA be willing to join such a campaign to wash its sins against the Kingdom?
[/quote]
Sins against one may be acts of great piety to another. I bow before the Twinkie Throne.

As for how to acheive the death of everything I am unsure. All I have is this little piece of paper from a fortune cookie. It says "42". Perhaps another could find meaning in this vague numerical code?

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1315463483' post='2796703']
When will Jyrinx we reverting back to Creole for his periodic stint?

* - If there is no such arrangement, there damned well needs to be.
[/quote]

Sorry, the custody agreement was that you only get visitation rights.