[quote name='King Xander the Only' timestamp='1312439110' post='2771598']
Which alliance would you most like to see removed from PB?
[/quote]

Yours. I'd probably feel different if your membership wasn't determined to fight against me, but you've seen the QnA.

[quote]Name one alliance your bloc would like to see wiped off the face of Planet Bob.
[/quote]

My [b]entire[/b] bloc? Echelon. Seriously.

[quote]Please elaborate.[/quote]

Happily. Ardus claims that I "nearly got us all ripped apart" in the SOS-NsO war. He's claimed it a couple of times. He also knows it's simply not true: we both worked on sorting out peace that night. He knows first-hand that I had no interest in it escalating, we were in query talking to our respective sides trying to chill everything out. He further claims I told Sardonic that MK was about to sign with DT. That's 100% not true, and I hadn't heard it until he said it. This has become a consistent feature of the last month; he's a source of fabrications about SF, and my, actions and I dislike him for it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1312440347' post='2771613']
Because we're more cohesive now. Same as when RoK pulled out. We're tighter than ever with just us four.
[/quote]

That's how I like SF. Tighter than ever.

Makes it more fun when you fight someone who is really tight, the battle is that much more enjoyable and longer. I can only hope.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1312439423' post='2771602']
Why believe in God if it's going to hurt your position in society to do so? Which is to say; because it's an ideal I hold, even if it's bad for realpolitikal ends, and I tend to defend my beliefs. I think disbandment makes everyone put a lot of effort into nation building, I think it makes people care more about what treaties they sign - and how they perform in wars - because it raises the stakes so high, and I think having it off the table breeds laziness and sloppy treaty signing [leading to a ballooning web]. It's a valid position and not one I'm going to abandon simply for emotional or PR reasons.
[/quote]

You talk about the threat of disbandment as a way to fix the "ballooning web" of treaties and something that "makes everyone put a lot of effort into nation building". If you were in a position to forcibly disband an active alliance with good leaders, solid nations (stats) and a list of treaties you find the acceptable amount would you press ahead with the forced disbandment or is forced disbandment only reserved for alliances you deem unworthy?

I know you guys will probably get some fairly typical questions, so I'll try to avoid asking the same.

For Liz:
What are your thoughts surrounding the whole DT/CSN fiasco and would you perhaps do or say differently when looking back?
and lastly, how does it feel having a pet as your MoFA?

For Xiph:
If you had to choose between TOP and NPO to defend in a war, who would you choose and why?
You hold the belief that disbanding should be an option of inter-alliance conflicts because it rises the bar in alliances and prevents '!@#$%*' alliances to exist because it makes people be more careful and mindful of their nation building and kills laziness. My question is thus the following, do you believe that you have people supporting that belief and if so, would you implement it if possible or would be it a position that you wouldn't force on people?

General:
What is SF's common perception of NPO as an alliance these days?
What is SF's general opinion on the current political landscape?

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1312439438' post='2771603']
How has SF coped with no longer being able to throw the NPO boogeyman argument into the air to keep SuperGrievances together and alive?
[/quote]

SuperGrievances stopped being a thing because MK stopped being CnG, and the MK-GOD ties were the glue for that. The concern that NPO would, piece by piece, work it's way back up to power by playing us against one another was one that was widely held in C&G and SF [and amongst our allies] - it was not something that was "thrown around" by SF. Archon, myself, Shamed and others have seen them do it - and in their cases, suffered for it - and we had zero intention of screwing up like that. We were also good enough friends that NPO Boogeyman or not, SG was going to be a thing. They weren't cause/effect.

[quote]The common perception is that last war didn't turn out to well for SF. Is there anything about that war that you, as a bloc, would have done differently? [/quote]

Not pushed the UPN issue and entered on the NPO front. The former wasn't warranted considering the work UPN has done since that war to actually not be a terrible alliance, and the latter made it drag on longer than necessary. Besides that, no.

[quote]How would you rate the following in terms of comedy effectiveness - bacon : beer: boobs? [/quote]

Beer, bacon, boobs. Boobs and bacon aren't funny unless beer comes first.

[quote]How/why did you keep SF together after Fark jumped off the sinking/burning ship? [/quote]

Their presence was irrelevant to our individual reasons for being members - we joined for the bloc, not FARK.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1312440610' post='2771621']
Why was the tradition of SF always fighting together for the same side broken in the previous war when RoK honored their treaty with NpO?
[/quote]

You answered your own question.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1312440610' post='2771621']
Why was the tradition of SF always fighting together for the same side broken in the previous war when RoK honored their treaty with NpO?
[/quote]

[02:51] <+Frozen-rpg> lawls
[02:52] <&KingXander> thats why you should never argue with methrage

This thread delivers.

EDIT: Now for a [i]real [/i]question. If you could change one event in the history of CN what would it be and why?

Edited by Frozenrpg

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1312440520' post='2771616']
You talk about the threat of disbandment as a way to fix the "ballooning web" of treaties and something that "makes everyone put a lot of effort into nation building". If you were in a position to forcibly disband an active alliance with good leaders, solid nations (stats) and a list of treaties you find the acceptable amount would you press ahead with the forced disbandment or is forced disbandment only reserved for alliances you deem unworthy?
[/quote]

It's not [b]just[/b] about nation building; it's everything. Nation building, FA, coordination, activity. If they've lost outright, then they've failed at one of those things strictly speaking. When the UJP lost that war, we'd failed at FA. Badly. NpO outmaneuvered us and we didn't head it off. And a lot of us got disbanded for it - that's how it goes. We're not playing Nerf tag 'n junk. We're fighting [b]wars[/b]. Would I do it to every alliance that lost ever? Probably not, but that's personal bias. I am human after all. In a competitive game, then yes, I think you would, and it'd go in cycles of disband and reform under different AA's and different [better] models that make the group that lost more effective - stronger.

[quote]Why was the tradition of SF always fighting together for the same side broken in the previous war when RoK honored their treaty with NpO?[/quote]

We have discussions [like I assume every bloc does] about "FA Direction" and who we're going to side with. SF voted on it, and came down unanimously on PB's side in a theoretical future NpO-PB war. We expected that RoK's votes there would, like it had in the past, reflect their behavior. When there was no objection to the VE Declaration, we had no reason to suspect RoK would honor - and no reason to delay the war, so they could cancel.

We found out during the war, in a twist, that their Emperor [Tautology] had actually had their upper government vote on the NpO-PB thing parallel to SF's vote; and they had come down in favor of NpO. This wasn't communicated, so we ended up splitting when the war hit.

By the time the war hit, there was just nothing that could be done about it.

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1312440689' post='2771622']
You answered your own question.
[/quote]
If they thought RoK's choice of ally in NpO had made RoK no longer a full SF member, then maybe so. Although from what I hear other SF alliances were angry with RoK for leaving SF. Which is why a response from actual Superfriends is what would answer it.

If Legacy had not signed ODP's with NoR and DT after canceling, was there a serious possibility of yall rolling them?

Where does Colossus rank on the "to roll" list?

How many alliances from the Unjust Path side do you believe were disbanded against their will? I know that my alliance at the time (\m/) disbanded mainly because of disorganization and losing gov members to [i]bad stuff[/i], rather than pressure from ~. I've heard similar things from friends who were in GOONS and Genmay.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1312441172' post='2771627']
If they thought RoK's choice of ally in NpO had made RoK no longer a full SF member, then maybe so. Although from what I hear other SF alliances were angry with RoK for leaving SF. Which is why a response from actual Superfriends is what would answer it.
[/quote]

The war split issue was already explained, but the reaction after RoK left was more so directed at how they announced it, not that they had left.

Edited by Mixoux

[quote name='Auctor' timestamp='1312441257' post='2771629']
If Legacy had not signed ODP's with NoR and DT after canceling, was there a serious possibility of yall rolling them?

Where does Colossus rank on the "to roll" list?
[/quote]
None at all.

Colossus isn't on any list. We don't even talk about you guys.

I have some questions, first being:

The facts described in OP frequently happen in all alliances since, well, ever. So why SF decided to create this thread just now?

SF leaders believe that the reason that VE used as a [i]casus belli[/i] against NpO were enough to cause a global war or that the problems could had been fixed if VE had tried diplomacy and that they chose not to because PB were looking for a excuse to hit NpO?

What's SF opinion about the fixation that TOP has toward Polaris?

I think is common sense that SF/Mj see each other as enemies, do you believe that a war between those to blocs is inevitable?

Based on Xiphosis posts in this thread, SF believes that Ardus is actively searching a way to attack and destroy SF?

That are my questions for now. Thanks in advance for the answers.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1312441289' post='2771630']
How many alliances from the Unjust Path side do you believe were disbanded against their will? I know that my alliance at the time (\m/) disbanded mainly because of disorganization and losing gov members to [i]bad stuff[/i], rather than pressure from ~. I've heard similar things from friends who were in GOONS and Genmay.
[/quote]

I don't believe [i]any[/i] alliance can disband against its will. You either choose to keep fighting/die off from inactivity or disband, nobody forces your AA to delete. Alliances folded under much shorter wars in 2007 than today, but the principle is the same.

Edited by Mixoux

Whose idea was this?

Doesn't an attempt like this contradict CSN's oft-repeated mantra that if you don't like them, you obviously just haven't taken the time to [i]really[/i] get to know them and thus they don't care?

Do you feel like the SF alliances individual bad qualities have combined to create a perfect storm of hate directed at the bloc as a whole?

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1312441194' post='2771628']
Was it an active goal within SF to minimize your damages by declaring on so few/easy fronts in the most recent war?
[/quote]

No. Flat out no. That leak was from months prior to the war, at a time when SF-PB relations were in the gutter and we were feeling resentful. What we did was [RIA aside, because they fulfilled the agreement] was attack who we [b]wanted[/b] to attack. The feeling was the side had plenty of NS that we could afford to pick someone we actually wanted to roll and go roll them for once, so we did. Call it childish but I've been in SF since a month after UJW, and that's the first time the opportunity has ever presented itself. You take it when it comes.

[quote]If Legacy had not signed ODP's with NoR and DT after canceling, was there a serious possibility of yall rolling them?[/quote]

Lol, no. Frankly, ODPs aren't enough to deter us. Legacy wasn't rolled because side switching is something you file away for future reference, not a CB.

[quote]Where does Colossus rank on the "to roll" list? [/quote]

It's not on there, as Gibs said. I hadn't thought about you guys at all until that minor issue you and I dealt with the other day.

[quote]How many alliances from the Unjust Path side do you believe were disbanded against their will? I know that my alliance at the time (\m/) disbanded mainly because of disorganization and losing gov members to bad stuff, rather than pressure from ~. I've heard similar things from friends who were in GOONS and Genmay. [/quote]

My beliefs don't matter much if that's the fact of the situation. I feel GOONS was by the definition disbanded though - they weren't offered terms despite fighting well past December - until they disbanded. I don't know about Genmay or \m/.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1312438255' post='2771589']
No, there's several leaders I specifically don't like though. TimLee, Chefjoe and Ardus jump to mind. The former two hate me equally, for their own reasons [false and true alike] and the latter for spreading some of the absolute fabrications that lead to this topic.

There is no alliance right now that's so full of people I dislike that I'd go so far as to say I hate the entire AA. TOP comes close, I guess.
[/quote]

Why do you dislike TOP?

To be less serious - pie or cake?

Pirates or ninjas?

Also to give a tougher question - what do you think this thread will do? Do you think it will change people's minds if they're fabricating things as you say they are?