As information gets passed around, it gets twisted and spun by small degrees. Each person conveys it with their own emphasis, their own interpretations and colored by their own set of personal beliefs. It happens during war, peace, with friends, and with enemies. With every person it travels through, a little bit of truth is lost, until, by the time it reaches you, it's barely recognizable. The reason this is even possible is that, even amongst backchannels, there are rules. Query logs don't leave queries - at least the queries which matter. You don't log dump people who put their confidence in you, etc.

But the reality is, the folks this serves best are those who lie best, or who know how to turn partial truths to their advantage. Because of this, we believe the best thing we can do is to be open with the truth, both the elements that are flattering, and those that aren't. The SuperFriends open this thread up to the public to ask about whatever they wish; backchannel rumors, war discussions, peace discussions, whatever. There's a lot of information out there about us; good and bad, true and false. Consider this thread an opportunity to find out what actually falls into each category. If it's something that involves our bloc, we'll provide logs and other evidence openly. If it's between us and others, we'll provide it where we can get permission, so as to not break the trust others have put in us.

The following individuals are the current leadership of our bloc, and are the only individuals who have the authority of the bloc to answer the questions in this thread on our behalf:

Delta1212 (RIA)
im317 (RIA)
ShadowDragon (RIA)

Liz (CSN)
Gibsonator21 (CSN)
SpacingOutMan (CSN)

EgoFreaky (R&R)
Stealthy (R&R)
Simms (R&R)

Xiphosis (GOD)
Big_Z (GOD)
Mixoux (GOD)

We understand full well that the OWF tends to be less than pleasant, and we accept that for what it is. We also know that behind the ugliness is a large mass of individuals who are legitimately curious about the world, and why things are the way they are. That's who we wish to aid in understanding the current climate, and will do our level best to.

If you ever wanted straight answers, this is as good a chance as you'll ever get. Fire away.

Edited by ShadowDragon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is ego a man or woman?

Ever since i said woman I have been uneasy about it...

What do you think is the biggest mishap that has occured since superfriends existance?

What do you think is the biggest strength in Superfriends?

Edited by not adolf hitler

[quote name='Salmia' timestamp='1312437785' post='2771580']
What are SF's FA goals for the future?[/quote]

Don't die.

[quote]Are there any alliances you specifically dislike?[/quote]

No, there's several leaders I specifically don't like though. TimLee, Chefjoe and Ardus jump to mind. The former two hate me equally, for their own reasons [false and true alike] and the latter for spreading some of the absolute fabrications that lead to this topic.

There is no alliance right now that's so full of people I dislike that I'd go so far as to say I hate the entire AA. TOP comes close, I guess.

[quote name='not adolf hitler' timestamp='1312437906' post='2771582']
What do you think is the biggest mishap that has occured since superfriends existance?

What do you think is the biggest strength in Superfriends?
[/quote]
I'll leave the first one to someone who has been around that long.

As for the second one, I would have to say our friendship. We're all very close and would do absolutely anything for each other.

Edited by Gibsonator21

What are your thoughts on CnG and its member alliances?

Which TLR triumvir sucks the least?

Is SF frightened by perceived threats to its security?

What would you say to my opinion that if SF alliances really felt they had a united bond and a coordinated foreign policy that they upgraded SF to a true MADP bloc?

[quote]What do you think is the biggest mishap that has occured since superfriends existance?[/quote]

Hard to say because I personally tend not to regret things, and that's a lot to do with what's regrettable. I'd say probably letting things decline with FARK for as long and as much as it did. That leave was a year+ in the making.

[quote]Why try to disband alliances and write about the desire to disband an alliance when it will come back to haunt you? [/quote]

Why believe in God if it's going to hurt your position in society to do so? Which is to say; because it's an ideal I hold, even if it's bad for realpolitikal ends, and I tend to defend my beliefs. I think disbandment makes everyone put a lot of effort into nation building, I think it makes people care more about what treaties they sign - and how they perform in wars - because it raises the stakes so high, and I think having it off the table breeds laziness and sloppy treaty signing [leading to a ballooning web]. It's a valid position and not one I'm going to abandon simply for emotional or PR reasons.

[quote]What are your thoughts on CnG and its member alliances?[/quote]

TLR - Rush hates me, can't tell with you, and Shamed I'm guessing catches hell endlessly because we're friends.
ODN - Loved OsRavan, love my QnAs there and generally the kind of questions they ask, don't know now.
Int - Commie bros, but Craig fairly obviously doesn't trust me, for whatever reason. Like Q and AntiFa.

[quote]Which TLR triumvir sucks the least?[/quote]

Shamed.

[quote]Is SF frightened by perceived threats to its security?[/quote]

Frightened and excited. It's been a while, so you forget what it feels like. Beats the boredom of the SG-era in a lot of ways, though.
[quote]
What would you say to my opinion that if SF alliances really felt they had a united bond and a coordinated foreign policy that they upgraded SF to a true MADP bloc?[/quote]

I'd say you didn't understand the "Don't fix what isn't broken" mantra.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1312438255' post='2771589']
Don't die.

No, there's several leaders I specifically don't like though. TimLee, Chefjoe and Ardus jump to mind. The former two hate me equally, for their own reasons [false and true alike] and the [b]latter for spreading some of the absolute fabrications that lead to this topic.[/b]

[/quote]

Please elaborate.

How has SF coped with no longer being able to throw the NPO boogeyman argument into the air to keep SuperGrievances together and alive?

Edited by Jacapo Saladin

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1312439589' post='2771604']
The common perception is that last war didn't turn out to well for SF. Is there anything about that war that you, as a bloc, would have done differently?
[/quote]

I'll go for "Not Alienating Allies" for a thousand, Alex.