The Overtime Accords

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1304395265' post='2704660']
Hopefully the forced period of war goes remarkably well for the good guys.
[/quote][quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1304395473' post='2704666']
I quite like our odds.
[/quote]
Sorry, bud, that ship sailed.

[quote name='Arthur Blair' timestamp='1304395352' post='2704663']
Let me make a futile attempt at dispelling something.

We have never defended, lost and not paid. What makes that so terrible?
[/quote]

The fact that justice in a war in which you did not deserve to be declared upon in the first place was never done unto you does not make it any more righteous that you now impose massive reparations and ridiculous requirements on a coalition that neither did anything to deserve the attack they received, nor warranted any sort of reprimanding whatsoever in what was in many cases merely defense of an ally.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1304395580' post='2704668']
Sorry, bud, that ship sailed.
[/quote]
You're right. It's really more of a certainty at this point.

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1304395622' post='2704669']
The fact that justice in a war in which you did not deserve to be declared upon in the first place was never done unto you does not make it any more righteous that you now impose massive reparations and ridiculous requirements on a coalition that neither did anything to deserve the attack they received, nor warranted any sort of reprimanding whatsoever in what was in many cases merely defense of an ally.
[/quote]
Before we all get wrapped up in this argument again, let's all just get something straight here: MK didn't learn dick in all its years of getting its ass handed to it over and over again like the punks they were made to be except that if they could get enough treaties like NPO that they could do the same thing as NPO, which wasn't learning anything at all.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1304395771' post='2704675']
Before we all get wrapped up in this argument again. let's all just get something straight here: MK didn't learn dick in all its years of getting its ass handed to it over and over again like the punks they were made to be except that if they could get enough treaties like NPO that they could do the same thing, which wasn't learning anything at all.
[/quote]
~becoming the monster~

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1304395771' post='2704675']
Before we all get wrapped up in this argument again. let's all just get something straight here: MK didn't learn dick in all its years of getting its ass handed to it over and over again like the punks they were made to be except that if they could get enough treaties like NPO that they could do the same thing, which wasn't learning anything at all.
[/quote]

Indeed. They learned only that Pacifica played the game very, very well, and if they played the game in the same fashion, they could be just as successful. It is atrocious to watch the hope that was given to this world by Karma be exploited, twisted, and finally annihilated.

Edited by Mergerberger II

Little over 4 months of reparations for a defensive war, I truly love this brave new world that oh how did you say ardus?

[quote]The end of terms that cripple alliances forever.[/quote]

Ahh yes, that's it The end of terms that cripple. No matter how you look at this 4 months of reparations do indeed cripple an alliance. I suppose this shouldn't come as news to any of us though as the hypocrisy that continues to spill from the Mushroom Kingdom has almost become an everyday thing.

I for one look forward to this new world, where terms will no longer "Cripple" alliances forever.

Meh, I've grown so bored of this war, I can hardly be damned to start making a scene. That, and the Doomhut squad are still busy doing their whole "lol such terrible terms hurrdurr" act (while completely missing the fact that they are actually speaking truth for once in their lives).

To our enemies: You were a goddamn nightmare to negotiate with. Actually going to sorta give props to Sardy here though, for being, relatively speaking, one of the more level-headed people we had to deal with. Funny how things work out like that in the end. Though in fairness he had a paycheck to worry about.

Enjoy your Pyrrhic victory.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1304394974' post='2704647']
Forced appologies and reps for an aggressive war ITT.
[/quote]
And people said we wouldn't get reps.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerishehL4.jpg[/img]

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1304395134' post='2704655']
Alliances who were just defending their allies paying reparations for 5 months, CoJ apologizing for a act of war during one war, "limited" curbstomp...

What A Wonderful World. [img]http://www.numberones.com.br/public/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif[/img]
[/quote]
Sir, you sound bitter.
[right][img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisfffR1.jpg[/img][/right]

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1304395163' post='2704656']
A. No, there's 3 more weeks of lopsided war to come, minimum.

B. No, it wasn't a good fight. [b]Your side whined through much of it[/b] about how the enemy hid in peace mode. Your side was so upset by this, they made 3 more weeks of war a "peace" condition.

This is not a treaty to be proud of whatsoever. I'm sorry if that statement offends friends, but it is how I feel.

Let's all move on and hopefully the next time people cross swords, it will be done in a manner that doesn't have a similar result.
[/quote]
Funny, it almost sounds like you're the one whining.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeriso_oL2.jpg[/img]

Edited by Beefspari

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1304395909' post='2704679']
It is atrocious to watch the hope that was given to this world by Karma be exploited, twisted, and finally annihilated.
[/quote]
What do you expect with Archon leaving the Kingdom in the hands of sycophants with history to make up for like its current leader?

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1304395269' post='2704661']
Given how much work went into it and how many conflicting interests both sides of the agreement had to reconcile, I could not disagree more with your assessment.[/quote]

You didn't get your Shakespeare, but you got your money, what's the problem? Oh right, your "war volunteers" will be fading away in the coming weeks. At least something good came of the war. <_<

The essential problem is not that the war was fought, I was one of those that said that I understood the preemption and thought it was a good tactic--one that I would have carried out. But like a gymnast that starts off strong but totally blows the dismount, this war ended in a way I hope is never, ever repeated. This treaty should have used the VE-NpO treaty as a model. It did not, and for no good reason.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1304396029' post='2704684']
And people said we wouldn't get reps.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerishehL4.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Someone also said that GOONS wouldn't force an appology out of someone, however they signed an agreement which forces one party to appologise to another.

Congrats, you won. Enjoy it while you can.

If Planet Bob's history has taught us anything is that you will be the one under the boot one day. You will pay for your crimes.

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1304395959' post='2704682']
Little over 4 months of reparations for a defensive war, I truly love this brave new world that oh how did you say ardus?

Ahh yes, that's it The end of terms that cripple. No matter how you look at this 4 months of reparations do indeed cripple an alliance. I suppose this shouldn't come as news to any of us though as the hypocrisy that continues to spill from the Mushroom Kingdom has almost become an everyday thing.

I for one look forward to this new world, where terms will no longer "Cripple" alliances forever.
[/quote]

If ~2.5 billion in reps spread around 10 alliances is enough to cripple them then they don't deserve to exist.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1304396043' post='2704685']
What do you expect with Archon leaving the Kingdom in the hands of sycophants with history to make up for like its current leader?
[/quote]

I had hope for them, briefly, but it quickly became tremendously clear that the vision of Karma was a lie, and all we were left with was a remnant of LUE seeking nothing but power at all costs.

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1304395959' post='2704682']

[/quote]
$2.4 billion spread over as many people as it is will by no measure cripple them. Especially when The Legion, an alliance relatively unscathed, is available to assist in lifting the load. Especially when the terms are cash and not tech.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1304396201' post='2704690']
Someone also said that GOONS wouldn't force an appology out of someone, however they signed an agreement which forces one party to appologise to another.
[/quote]
Please, there is no need to grasp for straws when we have the clear upper hand.