CN:TE Round 17 Changes

1) The ground battle loot cap has been increased from $10K to $100K.
2) New nations cannot purchase nuclear weapons during their first 5 days in the game.
3) Since nations can select their own resources, nations will receive an environment penalty for having Coal, Oil, and Uranium as their base resources.
4) Land looted in ground battles will now go towards a nation's Peak Land number.
5) The Great University has been upgraded per [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=100728"]this thread[/url].
6) The Scientific Development Center now affects the Great University tech happiness bonus to 2,000 tech instead of 5,000 tech.
7) The effects of Nuclear Anarchy have been shortened by one day.

Edited by admin

[quote name='admin' timestamp='1303354284' post='2695180']
1) Ground battle loot has been increased from $10K to $500K.
2) New nations cannot purchase nuclear weapons during their first 5 days in the game.
3) Since nations can select their own resources, nations will receive an environment penalty for having Coal, Oil, and Uranium as their base resources.
4) Land looted in ground battles will now go towards a nation's Peak Land number.
5) The Great University has been upgraded per [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=100728"]this thread[/url].
6) The Scientific Development Center now affects the Great University tech happiness bonus to 2,000 tech instead of 5,000 tech.
[/quote]

Interesting.

Thanks for the heads up!

So when will the round start?

1) Ground battle loot has been increased from $10K to $500K.
[/quote]
No change to tech rebuying?

$500K also seems like too much. It makes raiding even more profitable than it currently is and will make more people want to do it. As such, no nations will be turned off even more after getting raided to nothing at a higher rate.

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1303355284' post='2695199']
No change to tech rebuying?

$500K also seems like too much. It makes raiding even more profitable than it currently is and will make more people want to do it. As such, no nations will be turned off even more after getting raided to nothing at a higher rate.
[/quote]

I agree with this... I mean, I agree we needed higher loot- But this is a bit way too much. Especially since there are ways to abuse the system. I guess we'll see how it works out.

Almost forgot, Thanks for the changes, admin! It's much appreciated.

Confusion.

Edited by Confusion

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1303355853' post='2695207']
I agree with this... I mean, I agree we needed higher loot- But this is a bit way too much. Especially since there are ways to abuse the system. I guess we'll see how it works out.
[/quote]
The more I think about it, the more I don't mind it. It really shouldn't be a factor early in the round with people that have jumped.. they'll probably only be carrying enough to steal $100-$200K max, which isn't terrible. And, then later in the round, it becomes a factor, which isn't a bad thing since nations should be bigger and the stakes higher.

I like the changes. Nicely done, Admin.

I like it. The increase in loot gives war another economic aspect, since it now has the potential to actually be profitable (instead of a giant money sink), and it will discourage people from turtling. Should make things more interesting for flag runners, as they will now have an incentive to fight.

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1303356889' post='2695221']
The more I think about it, the more I don't mind it. It really shouldn't be a factor early in the round with people that have jumped.. [b]they'll probably only be carrying enough to steal $100-$200K max[/b], which isn't terrible. And, then later in the round, it becomes a factor, which isn't a bad thing since nations should be bigger and the stakes higher.

I like the changes. Nicely done, Admin.
[/quote]

It might not be a lot in a dollar basis, but a HUGE amount as a percentage basis.

I like an increase.

But by a factor of 50!?

[quote name='Morte Vallta' timestamp='1303362981' post='2695295']
The no purchasing of nukes in the first 5 days isnt working. Game just went back down, adressing?
[/quote]
Yep, and fixed. A couple of nations bought a nuke, but I have deleted those and refunded them back the money.

[quote name='admin' timestamp='1303363495' post='2695307']
I changed ground battle loot cap to $100K. After further consideration the previous figure of $500K seemed a bit high.
[/quote]

Thanks, and thanks for everything! :awesome:

[quote name='admin' timestamp='1303363495' post='2695307']
I changed ground battle loot cap to $100K. After further consideration the previous figure of $500K seemed a bit high.
[/quote]

Thanks so much for doing this. I think the 100k should suffice.

Now if we could get the - 50% NS war declaration to like 25% or maybe 30%, then we're golden :)

[/quote]
I guess this could've been solved by increasing tech/infra nuke buying requirements from 75/500, to, say, 150/1000.

[quote name='nikka' timestamp='1303382706' post='2695452']
I guess this could've been solved by increasing tech/infra nuke buying requirements from 75/500, to, say, 150/1000.
[/quote]

No, by far do I like this better. This will halt many nations who join in and attempt to rogue people for fun and stupidity.

Thanks for the 100k change too, that will make things much better!

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' timestamp='1303424119' post='2695894']
The -1 day on nuclear anarchy is a start, but coming from a guy who ate 10 last round that consumed probably 25 days of time on the whole, I still feel it's not enough.
[/quote]
If you have fallout shelters and radiation cleanup, together those reduce the effects down to just [s]1 day[/s] 2 days now.

Edited by admin
Fixed misinformation

[quote name='admin' timestamp='1303430372' post='2695989']
If you have fallout shelters and radiation cleanup, together those reduce the effects down to just 1 day now.
[/quote]

And separately they have the same 1 day effect? Could there not be an added bonus for having both?

[quote name='Guppy Fish' timestamp='1303498036' post='2696823']
It's reduced TO one day, not BY one day. ;)
[/quote]

Wait, we need to clarify this.

Days of nuclear anarchy without radiation clean up and a fallout shelter system: 4
Days of nuclear anarchy with radiation clean up and without a fallout shelter system: 3
Days of nuclear anarchy with a fallout shelter system and without radiation clean up: 3
Days of nuclear anarchy with radiation clean up and a fallout shelter system: ?

[quote name='dealmaster13' timestamp='1303504398' post='2696961']
Wait, we need to clarify this.

Days of nuclear anarchy without radiation clean up and a fallout shelter system: 4
Days of nuclear anarchy with radiation clean up and without a fallout shelter system: 3
Days of nuclear anarchy with a fallout shelter system and without radiation clean up: 3
Days of nuclear anarchy with radiation clean up and a fallout shelter system: ?
[/quote]

Well, firstly in-game it still says 5. But since he said he took a day off, it's 4 days without bonuses, 3 with a shelter or kit, 2 with both.