This Week in the Network

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that there are probably screen shots there that an average member couldn't get, it's not so much what the screen shots are of but that fact that someone outside ODN has them that is the most interesting.

That said, none of this makes ODN look all that good, even if they aren't the most evil alliance loose on Planet Bob.

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1303184772' post='2693139']
[i]My[/i] opinions are going to lose credibility? God that's rich.

Honestly, go look up the old TWiP, compare the material, and then compare NPO's responses with yours. It's almost frightening how alike you are.

ODNer #1: You didn't get anything good!
ODNer #2: your spies suck!
ODNer #3: oh darn! my identity as Supreme Ruler has been revealed! (this is where someone tries to be witty without realizing that he's neither funny nor original)

And seriously, nobody needs to keep facetiously comparing themselves to the old Hegemony. It's boring.
[/quote]

Perhaps, but these screen shots are tailor picked from a larger discussion. What actually happened is much different than what is portrayed here. The general assembly asked for an apology to be required in CoJ's surrender, and the government decided to follow their wishes. We aren't imposing harsh terms, or going against our GA. A very large number of them asked for this to occur, and that wasn't show in these screen shots.

(also, their spies got publicly available info that every member can see, and quite frankly, did a poor job at hiding his identity.)

Edited by joracy

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1303184576' post='2693137']
Way to miss the point former Sec. Defense.
[/quote]
1) I am not, nor have I ever been Secretary of Defense.

2) The point I am trying to make is that, in spite of your rather outdated history in ODN, your attempts at analysis of the ODN have not manifestod in any meaningful sense. Put more plainly, you don't know what you're talking about.

Edited by Style #386

[quote name='Style #386' timestamp='1303185188' post='2693148']
1) I am not, nor have I ever been Secretary of Defense.

2) The point I am trying to make is that, in spite of your rather outdated history in ODN, your attempts at analysis of the ODN have no manifestod in any meaningful sense. Put more plainly, you don't know what you're talking about.
[/quote]

Buddy, I don't know who or what you're but a person using that same name was once Sec. Defense, so forgive me for putting two and two together.

My history of ODN is out dated. Luckily, Operative Midnight's is not. Keep trying though, you're giving me and CoJ quite a laugh.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1303184984' post='2693144']
Given that there are probably screen shots there that an average member couldn't get
[/quote]

All threads the screenshots come from are viewable by all members. Transparency etc (they actually have access to the full discussion, not just excerpts).
That's also why normal members were able to comment on it and ask the government to request an apology.

Given that there are probably screen shots there that an average member couldn't get, it's not so much what the screen shots are of but that fact that someone outside ODN has them that is the most interesting.
[/quote]
Hate to burst your bubble, but this is vanilla membership stuff here.

That said, none of this makes ODN look all that good, even if they aren't the most evil alliance loose on Planet Bob.
[/quote]
We're trying. :(

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1303185269' post='2693150']
Buddy, I don't know who or what you're but a person using that same name was once Sec. Defense, so forgive me for putting two and two together.

My history of ODN is out dated. Luckily, Operative Midnight's is not. Keep trying though, you're giving me and CoJ quite a laugh.
[/quote]

Thats not the case. Do you actually know who you are talking to?

Your knowledge of ODN is literally laughable. Your Operative midnights information is cherry picked and fractured, and soon to be out of date as well.

[quote name='joracy' timestamp='1303185505' post='2693159']
Thats not the case. Do you actually know who you are talking to?

Your knowledge of ODN is literally laughable. Your Operative midnights information is cherry picked and fractured, and soon to be out of date as well.
[/quote]

Ah, the sweet smell of a silly defense, such a great end to a good night. Joracy, I suggest you bone up on your ODN history. Style #386 wasn't his ODN forum name. There's your clue, sweetie.

I'd like to see HoT's logs with TFE. We all know that he was probably really respectful and not threatening at all. :rolleyes:

Lost in this is the fact that you have a spy in ODN? The terms were light, and by making this public you now put pressure on ODN to include the apology to TFE, because that will be the first thing the OWF looks for when the surrender comes out. So please don't cry about it when they insist on an apology from this point on, and I wouldn't be surprised if they gave you tech/money terms at this point for spying. Or they could take the high road and completely outclass you and give you the same terms. Either way it is my impression that this was just a long and terrible announcement that just made CoJ look silly.

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1303185605' post='2693162']
Ah, the sweet smell of a silly defense, such a great end to a good night. Joracy, I suggest you bone up on your ODN history. Style #386 wasn't his ODN forum name. There's your clue, sweetie.
[/quote]

...You think I don't know who he is? When I...asked you who he was? Sometimes I really wonder about you. It's irrelevant though. He was not a SecDef.

Oh, Yawoo, you really have missed such a lot. Arsenal is not the old Wicked & Weird. And you're not the old Yawoo, either, although in a different sense. I'm glad at least I can do you the service of amusing you with my silliness, for old times' sake.

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1303185605' post='2693162']
[/quote]
http://www.orangedefense.net/forums/style_images/1/folder_attach_images/ODNGovNov10.png

Shot bro.

[quote name='joracy' timestamp='1303185182' post='2693147']
Perhaps, but these screen shots are tailor picked from a larger discussion. What actually happened is much different than what is portrayed here. The general assembly asked for an apology to be required in CoJ's surrender, and the government decided to follow their wishes. We aren't imposing harsh terms, or going against our GA. A very large number of them asked for this to occur, and that wasn't show in these screen shots.
[/quote]
You are right and then again you are wrong. Before OsRavan demanded the apology no one but Pingu wanted it, after we rejected Os's demands and he posted logs of the convo, a bunch of people decided they wanted it. The situation remains that OsRavan was told to forget it, and he did not.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1303185673' post='2693164']
One person's threat is another's friendly advice. If you don't believe me go ask WAPA.

Nothing in here really interesting, but at least you have spies again. Go spy on VE or MK they're were the real info is at.
[/quote]
Careful, there, buddy, don't you know that saying VE is more worthwhile to spy on is a CB?

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1303185659' post='2693163']
I'd like to see HoT's logs with TFE. We all know that he was probably really respectful and not threatening at all. :rolleyes:

Lost in this is the fact that you have a spy in ODN? The terms were light, and by making this public you now put pressure on ODN to include the apology to TFE, because that will be the first thing the OWF looks for when the surrender comes out. So please don't cry about it when they insist on an apology from this point on, and I wouldn't be surprised if they gave you tech/money terms at this point for spying. Or they could take the high road and completely outclass you and give you the same terms. Either way it is my impression that this was just a long and terrible announcement that just made CoJ look silly.
[/quote]

To be honest, I think that's what CoJ wants. Being held at perma war is a lot more useful to their agenda than being peaced out and then forgotten about.

[quote name='joracy' timestamp='1303185794' post='2693167']
...You think I don't know who he is? When I...asked you who he was? Sometimes I really wonder about you. It's irrelevant though. He was not a SecDef.
[/quote]

Dear me, do you really thing I'm referring to Wicked and Weird? My goodness, and you think I'm out of touch.

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1303185808' post='2693168']
Oh, Yawoo, you really have missed such a lot. Arsenal is not the old Wicked & Weird. And you're not the old Yawoo, either, although in a different sense. I'm glad at least I can do you the service of amusing you with my silliness, for old times' sake.
[/quote]

Oh, Pingu, nor are you the Pingu I left behind in ODN. I've grown to fight for my ideals, and you have gone from defending a moralistic view to pouncing on alliances so long as you're backed by a greater force. My old friend, who here has shed the old skin and grown something worse? Hint, it's not me.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1303185824' post='2693169']
http://www.orangedefense.net/forums/style_images/1/folder_attach_images/ODNGovNov10.png

Shot bro.
[/quote]
Oh, look, I'm showcased, huzzah.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1303185673' post='2693164']
One person's threat is another's friendly advice. If you don't believe me go ask WAPA.

Nothing in here really interesting, but at least you have spies again. [b]Go spy on VE or MK they're were the real info is at.[/b][/quote]
This is an act of war :ph34r:

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1303185925' post='2693175']
To be honest, I think that's what CoJ wants. Being held at perma war is a lot more useful to their agenda than being peaced out and then forgotten about.
[/quote]
:wacko: Yeah, that's why we've been offering to surrender or cease fire with ODN for 40 days.

[quote name='Style #386' timestamp='1303185479' post='2693157']
Hate to burst your bubble, but this is vanilla membership stuff here.
[/quote]
Schatt forgot to corp a few images (what he fixed now) that clearly showed it was not just a vanilla member.

Edited by xoindotnler

[quote name='itseZe' timestamp='1303185373' post='2693154']
All threads the screenshots come from are viewable by all members. Transparency etc (they actually have access to the full discussion, not just excerpts).
That's also why normal members were able to comment on it and ask the government to request an apology.[/quote]

Ahh, I see. That does put something of a different light on the level of infiltration. Still as a noted, not a flattering portrait of ODN's internal processes.