This Week in the Network

[quote name='NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM' timestamp='1303800405' post='2699675']
I feel left out. As a recipient of the Order of the Tough Guy, I feel that I at least deserve a mention in this episode of TWiN.
[/quote]
Dont worry :) Im sure you'll get your 15 minutes of fame one day. It's all about posting either,

A) Something ridiculous
B) Something important
C) Something that makes us all laugh

The worst part is, Most of the stuff on your forums are A or C.

Edited by Duckz3

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM' timestamp='1303800405' post='2699675']
I feel left out. As a recipient of the Order of the Tough Guy, I feel that I at least deserve a mention in this episode of TWiN.
[/quote]
There was a funny one of you calling me retarded (irony is the best humor) but in the end we have to make decisions about what to leave on the cutting room floor.

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1303819594' post='2699734']
I couldn't care less Schatt. This was cool when Vox was around, but it gets old really fast.
[/quote]
"Old really fast" in the sense of it's been 2 years since one was written, or "old real fast" in the sense of you took the time to come around but now you also feel the need to act all smug?

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1303824790' post='2699756']
"Old really fast" in the sense of it's been 2 years since one was written, or "old real fast" in the sense of you took the time to come around but now you also feel the need to act all smug?
[/quote]
I think he means 'old really fast' in the sense that it's not about NPO and Q any more.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1303825241' post='2699757']
I think he means 'old really fast' in the sense that it's not about NPO and Q any more.
[/quote]

Nah, It's pretty clear he meant 'old really fast' in the sense that nobody really cares about the actual "Leak", least of all ODN themselves.

Well Schatt, for whatever it's worth, here's my opinion.

First, their use of the term neutral was not wrong. Neutral can have several meanings, ranging from capital N NEUTRAL like the GPA, down to the normal everyday weak neutral which just means not involved in the war. And to the best of my knowledge that latter meaning was accurate - TFE had not declared war, had not attacked, were not planning to do any of that. They were just plodding along doing their tech-deals, a "neutral third party" in the weakest sense of the phrase.

I disagree with you to the extent you assert that anyone has any obligation to cease trading activities for wartime. I know it's been more-or-less the custom for ages and ages, but so what? It's a very bad habit from the bad old days and it needs to be shed for the good of the planet. And it was never such a strong precedent to begin with, frankly. Even back in those days a lot of trading still went on during wartime, it was always fine as long as you weren't dealing with someone on Pacificas bad side anyhow.

That said, we all know ODN was trying to pull the same maneuver at that time, so I can't really fault you for trying. And I didnt see anything from you that merits an apology, really. The response you got from TFE should be sufficient - you tried, they didnt buy it, end of story. Demands that you apologise strike me as pointless and petty.

Now I dont know specifics, nor do I really care, but I understand that ODN actually managed to bully some poor sap into paying them "reparations" for a tech deal with another of their opponents about the time this was happening with you. So if they keep pressing for an apology, you should probably look into that and see if ODN is willing to apologise to whomever that was and return their "reps" as well. If they won't do that then they clearly have no reason to demand an apology for what you did.

ODNs internal problems arent really my concern or business, so I almost dont want to comment on the rest of it. But I read it and laughed. I appreciate the laughs, and I have to say I am glad to see that "This Week in Productions" is still alive and capable of putting out a post now and then. Bob needs more like this (and you know I say that as someone who probably only agrees with you about half of the time. I appreciate how much you contribute, even when I think you are wrong.)

Edit: One more thing: :(( Lulz Terms :((

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1303860587' post='2700019']
Now I dont know specifics, nor do I really care, but I understand that ODN actually managed to bully some poor sap into paying them "reparations" for a tech deal with another of their opponents about the time this was happening with you.
[/quote]
We got reps without me knowing about it? Now that's much more worrying than spying. :(
Please tell me we at least got tech and not cash?