TE Round 17 Start Delay

Just a heads up, there will be a delay on the start of Tournament Round 17 just as there was with Tournament Round 16. I plan to make a few changes to enhance gameplay before the next round starts. The delay shouldn't be any more than 24 hours.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1302929476' post='2691396']
Only 5? I demand a MP to start with as well.
[/quote]

Ill take HNMS... o noo o admin you upset the stoners.. it was on 4/20 well now they can go out :D cant wait to see the changes

Cool, thanks for the heads up. Much Appreciated.

Also, could you maybe add in a Day 3 three nuclear purchase ban? Like that your nation needs to be 3 days old in order to purchase nuclear weapons. Wasn't a big fan that people could rogue with nukes right off the bat so easily too :(

Nuclear effects need to be severely reduced as I said last round if we're going to keep going this route. They are way overpowered.

Remove nuclear anarchy, and shorten it from 5 days to 3 days.

Make wonders every 7 days.

Either put a strength cap in game, or figure out a way to rebalance things. Nations which avoid wars all round are way too far out of range of nations that fight.

I suggest that re-buying lost Tech be treated like Infrastructure and Land. It can be re-bought at 50% of it’s original cost up to say, 10 units of your peak level.

This would make it consistent with infra and land. It is also logical from the role playing aspect. It would be cheaper to replace lost technology than it was to originally develop it since the basic research and development was already done.

Thanks!

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' timestamp='1302981195' post='2691598']Either put a strength cap in game, or figure out a way to rebalance things. Nations which avoid wars all round are way too far out of range of nations that fight.[/quote]
It's a problem with the system, but putting a strength cap would defeat the purpose of giving a prize to the top nation in the game.
Perhaps increase the rate at which purchase costs increase at higher levels of infra/land/tech?

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1302984017' post='2691628']
I suggest that re-buying lost Tech be treated like Infrastructure and Land. It can be re-bought at 50% of it’s original cost up to say, 10 units of your peak level.

This would make it consistent with infra and land. It is also logical from the role playing aspect. It would be cheaper to replace lost technology than it was to originally develop it since the basic research and development was already done.

Thanks!
[/quote]

Second that

Thanks for the heads up, Admin!

If I can suggest, I would say making wars more "profitable" would most definitely spice things up and make players actually use ALL of the possible military in order to maximize "the victory" rather just slinging nukes for direct damage. Currently, every kind of war in TE is a pure and huge economical loss, no matter if you win it 100%. Nations who are in peace the fragment of the round just overgrow anybody in couple of days. GA loots cap needs to be set much higher. We should coordinate all military assets and fight wars to push through a sucessfull GA, not to pile up max troops and hope enemy will make a failing GA which will earn 10-15 times more money then one succesful of ours. :blink: IMHO, ofcourse.

More of my thoughts about TE, here:
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=92255&st=80&p=2691059&#entry2691059

Cheers for the succesful start of the Round 17! :)

Edited by nik718

I think the new changes in TE worked well, this round was awesome, higher initial cash, infra/land rebuy and easier trade made this round better.

Some of my suggestions:

1. 3-5 day of nuclear weapon buying ban would be nice, reroll rogues are annoying.

2. We need a shorten nuclear anarchy or less devastating economic effects, 5 days are too long for a 60 day round.

3. Tech rebuy like infra or land would be nice.

4. Bigger infra jumps at 2k/3k infra or increased infra cost/upkeep over 2k infra would be nice, peaceful nations still have way too big advantage and they could easily outgrow warmongers.

5. Maybe some new wonders/improvements should arrive in TE, the thread in suggestion box is full of good ideas.

6. Navy is mostly useless in TE, i guess it could be removed.

I want a pony. It could be implemented as either an improvement or a wonder, though perhaps a minority opinion would prefer to see it added to the game as a weapon of mass destruction.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1302985853' post='2691632']
It's a problem with the system, but putting a strength cap would defeat the purpose of giving a prize to the top nation in the game.
Perhaps increase the rate at which purchase costs increase at higher levels of infra/land/tech?
[/quote]

Still needs to be rebalanced in someway, and a strength cap might be the only valid way for admin to do it in a short amount of time.

Also, +1 on the tech suggestions, but make it 75% instead of 50% original cost.

Edited by lonewolfe2015

[quote name='nik718' timestamp='1303035722' post='2691893']
Thanks for the heads up, Admin!

If I can suggest, I would say making wars more "profitable" would most definitely spice things up and make players actually use ALL of the possible military in order to maximize "the victory" rather just slinging nukes for direct damage. Currently, every kind of war in TE is a pure and huge economical loss, no matter if you win it 100%. Nations who are in peace the fragment of the round just overgrow anybody in couple of days. GA loots cap needs to be set much higher. We should coordinate all military assets and fight wars to push through a sucessfull GA, not to pile up max troops and hope enemy will make a failing GA which will earn 10-15 times more money then one succesful of ours. :blink: IMHO, ofcourse.

More of my thoughts about TE, here:
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=92255&st=80&p=2691059&#entry2691059

Cheers for the succesful start of the Round 17! :)
[/quote]

I think this is a great suggestion, and an easily-implemented one. Since we spend most of the round warring, we ought to get some sort of reward for it.

[quote name='Vespassianus' timestamp='1303039313' post='2691903']
I think the new changes in TE worked well, this round was awesome, higher initial cash, infra/land rebuy and easier trade made this round better.

Some of my suggestions:

1. 3-5 day of nuclear weapon buying ban would be nice, reroll rogues are annoying.

2. We need a shorten nuclear anarchy or less devastating economic effects, 5 days are too long for a 60 day round.

3. Tech rebuy like infra or land would be nice.

4. Bigger infra jumps at 2k/3k infra or increased infra cost/upkeep over 2k infra would be nice, peaceful nations still have way too big advantage and they could easily outgrow warmongers.

5. Maybe some new wonders/improvements should arrive in TE, the thread in suggestion box is full of good ideas.

[/quote]

Really like these ideas, and definitely agree that the changes made to date were great.

[quote name='Judge X' timestamp='1303272041' post='2694263']Please change the Money won cap to around $100K. PLZ?![/quote]
Agreed. Or at the very least, $50k. $10k is just immaterial now that the size of nations and their respective warchests have increased.

I totally just tricked a few people on IRC into believing I have a nation, atm. xfd. Any chance it'll come back this coming update? I don't want to wake up... just to find out it's still down :P

Confusion.