If DoomHouse isn't evil

LittleRena

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1302026705' post='2684804']
Why haven't discussions of new terms been proposed by now already though? This is an issue for another topic already running but still, you're trying to impose something they don't want onto them for a war which has long been over.
[/quote]
In no particular order of importance:

[list=1]
[*]It would not be negotiating in good faith to reveal the offer of another negotiating party while negotiations are still in progress.
[*]Pages of discussion on the OWF solve nothing.
[*]It would not be conducive to private discussion to make public every single minute counteroffer.
[*]Most of the parties involved with the private negotiations do not regard the average OWF poster highly, to say the least.
[*]Did I mention most of the leaders involved don't really like the OWF?
[/list]

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1302031789' post='2684863']
In no particular order of importance:

[list=1]
[*]It would not be negotiating in good faith to reveal the offer of another negotiating party while negotiations are still in progress.
[*]Pages of discussion on the OWF solve nothing.
[*]It would not be conducive to private discussion to make public every single minute counteroffer.
[*]Most of the parties involved with the private negotiations do not regard the average OWF poster highly, to say the least.
[*]Did I mention most [s]of the[/s] leaders [s]involved[/s] don't really like the OWF?
[/list]
[/quote]
Fixed that there for you, good sir

Edited by The Pansy

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1302029120' post='2684836']
Because its convenient short hand for a little 3 way treaty, and has a catchy ring to it. "Doomhouse" is easier to say than "two members of Pandora's Box, GOONS and Umbrella, plus the Mushroom Kingdom".
[/quote]

Yeah, don't forget that two of them are in Pandora's Box. Or that VE isn't in Doomhouse. Actually, enough about Doomhouse, let's talk more about Pandora's Box.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1302021696' post='2684710']
Why is the bloc called DoomHouse?
[right][IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/kdwexg.jpg[/IMG][/right]
[/quote]

Well... Doom doesn't mean evil for one. I like to think they're using definition 5. :awesome:

doom (dm)
n.
1. Inevitable destruction or ruin.
2. Fate, especially a tragic or ruinous one.
3. A decision or judgment, especially an official condemnation to a severe penalty.
4. Judgment Day.
5. A statute or ordinance, especially one in force in Anglo-Saxon England.
tr.v. doomed, doom·ing, dooms
1. To condemn to ruination or death. See Synonyms at condemn.
2. To destine to an unhappy end.

[quote name='Biff Webster' timestamp='1302036452' post='2684917']
Yeah, don't forget that two of them are in Pandora's Box. Or that VE isn't in Doomhouse. Actually, enough about Doomhouse, let's talk more about Pandora's Box.
[/quote]

[img]http://www.umbrella-alliance.com/style_emoticons/genmaycnsmilies/negative.png[/img]

ya impero stop it you big egotist!

Doomhouse isn't evil, they just want to be cool.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1302021831' post='2684713']
If cake isn't evil, why do they make devil's food cake?

Stop being.
[/quote]

I !@#$@#$ love cake man. Ain't nothing evil about cake.
[img]http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/8159/stevebrulecakeface.jpg[/img]

Edited by kevin32891

[quote][i]"Yeah, doom house! You know that creepy doll? It's part of the doom house mystique, and you've got it in spades, so you get out. That's my advice as an officer of law."

"The doll that won't let me sleep? That doll?"

"You seem like a man of many words. But let me tell you this, how about if you don't move out of the doom house, it could spell your doom."[/i][/quote]

GET OUT.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1302029252' post='2684841']
I dunno, 2PB+MK sounds pretty neat.
[right][IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2ahbi1h.jpg[/IMG][/right]
[/quote]
You're right. We'll henceforth call ourselves "Peanut Butter & Milk".

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1302040413' post='2684980']
You're right. We'll henceforth call ourselves "Peanut Butter & Milk".
[/quote]
Please do, I'll stop posting on the OWF for the duration of the war if you do this.
[right][IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/2q248wo.jpg[/IMG][/right]

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1302029281' post='2684842']
If you look closely at the treaty, [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeBjr8Bm_wA]you might find a clue[/url]

Edit: also, not a bloc
[/quote]
You just wasted 15 minutes and 3 seconds of my life. I want them back.

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1302037250' post='2684933']
Doomhouse isn't evil, they just want to be cool.
[/quote]
This.

There's a reason why they picked, "Doomhouse" and not, "Wimpy Hippie Barbie Lover" or "We Love NPO".

Edited by HHAYD

[b]doom   [/b]
–noun 1. fate or destiny, especially adverse fate; unavoidable ill fortune 2. ruin; death 3. a judgment, decision, or sentence, especially an unfavorable one 4. the Last Judgment, at the end of the [url="http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/world"]world[/url].
–verb (used with object) 6. to destine, especially to an adverse fate. [b]7. to [url="http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pronounce"]pronounce[/url][/b][b] judgment against; condemn.[/b] 8. to ordain or fix as a sentence or fate.

DoomHouse, or that place in which Doom resides, can't be directly associated with evil simply due to it's name. After all which of the definitions above describe evil or an evil act? I'll grant you that fortune and death are certainly distasteful, but not evil in and of themselves.

There is one definition that does stand out to me as most closely describing the inhabitants of DoomHouse. #7, bolded for your convenience, seems to fit DHians to a tee. Aren't they always complaining about how lacking everyone else is, and how their disdain for our ineptitude has forced them to attack? Their pronouncement "Everything. Must. Die.", is the Doom they wish on all who haven't lived up to their lofty ideals so I'll now call them CondemnHouse.

Now is attacking others simply because they're different then yourself, evil? You decide.

Edited by LeonidasRexII

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1302023772' post='2684751']
One side of the fight has aid freely flowing to all nations involved and encourage good natured, jovial comradeship.

The other side of the fight leaves younglings to die while the top tells them it's for the greater good, 'comrade'. And by greater good it is meant 'my technology, my infrastructure, my money'.

Which side is really the oppressor?
[/quote]

Anyone who has spent a single second with out membership would know this is nowhere near the case. Our membership knows exactly why they remain in peacemode. It is not so much 'my technology, my infrastructure, my money' - no, it is more collective than that. 'Our alliance, our technology, our money'. Not many in NPO think as individualistic as you do. I don't know what mindset your alliance pushes on its membership, but our membership relies greatly on a sense of comradeship. I was top, I know what it is like. Do I feel abandoned because while I went to war, everyone else went into peace? Sure as hell not. From the onset much of our membership knew ahead of time this was likely to be a long war, and many knew what kind of sacrifices they were going to have to achieve for NPO to survive. Those who could not handle it have already left the alliance. Trimming the fat I suppose.

Aid gets out when it can. Even now 2 and a half months into the war and ever-dwindling warchests, aid goes out. I see members helping members every time I log on to IRC. No, it might not be in the same amounts that your bloc can commit, but heh, that is what a defensive war will cause - restrictions.

Oppressors try to suppress the people they fear before they can gain power and momentum to pose a risk. Ask yourself this. Whose declaration of war stated in its body to strike an alliance before they gained any power? I would suggest thinking really hard about that before answering.

edit: removed personal attack on speakerwire, it was not really called for.

Edited by Feuersturm

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1302029281' post='2684842']
If you look closely at the treaty, [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeBjr8Bm_wA]you might find a clue[/url]

Edit: also, not a bloc
[/quote]

You're never going to win the "not a bloc" argument, yknow.

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1302048359' post='2685080']
I'm pretty sure LittleRena is just campaigning for the coveted WPE award.
[/quote]

I don't like doing this, but this. Very much so.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1302021696' post='2684710']
Why is the bloc called DoomHouse?
[right][IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/kdwexg.jpg[/IMG][/right]
[/quote]

Because their house is doomed? Who knows and who really cares?

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1302041393' post='2684996']
Please do, I'll stop posting on the OWF for the duration of the war if you do this.
[right][IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/2q248wo.jpg[/IMG][/right]
[/quote]

We were going to call it 'LittleRena's group of tight knit friends who love applsauce, plastic bottles and shaving thier legs' but NFL vetoed it. Doomhouse was second on the list and made us sound freaking awesome.

Edited by mrwuss

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1302050351' post='2685102']

This.

There's a reason why they picked, "Doomhouse" and not, "Wimpy Hippie Barbie Lover" or "We Love NPO".
[/quote]
But they have such a huge obsession with us, at that level it must be love. It can't be hate since they say they couldn't possibly be more evil than we are. It must be love. Ok doomhouse, if you guys need a hug I'll send you one. But still, no goons. Or fan. Or mk. I remember LJ used to have some great avatars, I wouldn't mind 5 minutes. :P

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1302050351' post='2685102']
[/quote]
Genius is often misunderstood.

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1302055276' post='2685170']
You're never going to win the "not a bloc" argument, yknow.
[/quote]
Yes I do know, and it makes me sad.