TOOL Announcement

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1301723384' post='2682740']
Followed by the "you are irrelevant" standard. So irrelevant that you know everything we've done in the past year, that your coalition is charging us the second-highest reps, that you were compelled to reply to me but unable to address anything I said. For so much smuggo you've got so little substance. Even your summation of my position belies your inability to understand what I have just said, which was in no way "the treaty web is terrible." But whatever makes you feel important. Come back when you have some ideas.
[/quote]
I'll bite.

First, I don't know everything you've done in the past year. I've only just returned to Planet Bob after a two year hiatus. Everything in my previous post I just put together on a stereotype because I've seen alliances like CoJ since before the Unjust War. The names change, but the people and the bleeding hearts stay the same.

Trying to find order in the cess pool that is the treaty web is incomprehensible. Your argument, that alliances were ignoring the political ramifications/obligations/nature of treaties and focusing on social aspect that you summarized as wub and popularity, is entirely correct. However, the reality is that the social aspect of certain alliances is more reliable than the political one. No one can accurately predict political decisions on Planet Bob; judging an alliance based on its members' attitudes and seeing if they're in line with your own is a much more reliable indicator of a successful friendship and treaty partnership. Political situations can change at the drop of a hat. Alliances do often say one thing and then end up obligating themselves to something entirely different, it's usually done out of a necessary sacrifice. Welcome to Planet Bob, take a ticket and have a seat.

The problem behind CoJ isn't that you're fighting a useless uphill battle (which you are), it's that you somehow have placed yourself on another hill and look down upon the rest of us. If you're going to argue that the political system of Planet Bob needs a revolution, save your breath. You'll have an easier time convincing people that capitalism is evil.

Edited by Sithis